F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

F1 2021 Full on manager mode?

I'd love to see a full-on manager mode (Motorsport Manager style), because of the great graphics and real teams/drivers. There is one motorsport manager game out there but it hasn't been updater in YEARS. So an F1 Manager mode would be cool, to either manage an existing team or create a new one (maybe even create a new league!?) and have similar UI as the career manager, but a bit more refined. And the Manager mode ideas:

Start:

-Choose your sponsor and stuff (like in My team career)

-Choose your budget (go lower for more difficulty or more money for easier career)

-Design your car (career stuff yeah blah blah blah)

-Sign 2 drivers (you can sign ANYONE to your team with your budget ofc, and be able to sign reserve drivers)

-Sign a reserve driver?! (Driver injuries could be cool, and seasonal testings too, so Reserve drivers would add a nice touch to the game)

Gameplay:

-Either Drive or Watch a race (Drive: Choose a driver to drive as and race as him!) (Watch: watch a race from above with new camera angles and even onboards! choose who to spectate)

-In Watch mode: Events (Crashes, spins, mistakes, lock-ups should happen a bit more often and more "scenic") (Event board where when something happens the Event pop-ups, there and you can rewatch what happened)

-More aggressive drivers

-Different racing lines

-*very rare* Big crashes

-Amazing overtakes

-Cool pitstop interactions or UI when you go into pitstop

-Safety car (even on shorter races), Red Flags

-When it's raining crashes should happen more often

Drivers:

-Traits/personalities

-Full-on create drivers function (so you can add you're friends or other drivers to the game that can join F1 or put them straight into a team)

-Customize then whenever you want them

-Better ratings please

-Better driver progression please

Season/rules:

-Votes every year

-After 1 year of the game, switch to the new F1 rules

-Customize every years car design (like wider wings or something that add downforce or not)

-Change rules whenever

-Design tracks?! (Design you're own tracks or download them from steam maybe) (Add props so tracks are nicely customizable)

In-game purchases:

-Add "creator" dlc and with that you can customize everything (I know people won't like this cause oh I already have the game why should I pay more, but more money for codemasters is good, and I'd friggin buy it for like 10$)

Yeah I think the game would sky rocket from Great to Amazing ******* game. The motorsport manager players would love that since Playsport Games left them hanging. And it would add more gamemodes to the game!

Let me know what you think! If you like the idea share it and blow it up so codemasters can see.

Thanks for reading this,

Shimmel 

Edited by ShimmelF1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, ShimmelF1 said:

I'd love to see a full-on manager mode (Motorsport Manager style), because of the great graphics and real teams/drivers. There is one motorsport manager game out there but it hasn't been updater in YEARS. So an F1 Manager mode would be cool, to either manage an existing team or create a new one (maybe even create a new league!?) and have similar UI as the career manager, but a bit more refined. And the Manager mode ideas:

Start:

-Choose your sponsor and stuff (like in My team career)

-Choose your budget (go lower for more difficulty or more money for easier career)

-Design your car (career stuff yeah blah blah blah)

-Sign 2 drivers (you can sign ANYONE to your team with your budget ofc, and be able to sign reserve drivers)

-Sign a reserve driver?! (Driver injuries could be cool, and seasonal testings too, so Reserve drivers would add a nice touch to the game)

Gameplay:

-Either Drive or Watch a race (Drive: Choose a driver to drive as and race as him!) (Watch: watch a race from above with new camera angles and even onboards! choose who to spectate)

-In Watch mode: Events (Crashes, spins, mistakes, lock-ups should happen a bit more often and more "scenic") (Event board where when something happens the Event pop-ups, there and you can rewatch what happened)

-More aggressive drivers

-Different racing lines

-*very rare* Big crashes

-Amazing overtakes

-Cool pitstop interactions or UI when you go into pitstop

-Safety car (even on shorter races), Red Flags

-When it's raining crashes should happen more often

Drivers:

-Traits/personalities

-Full-on create drivers function (so you can add you're friends or other drivers to the game that can join F1 or put them straight into a team)

-Customize then whenever you want them

-Better ratings please

-Better driver progression please

Season/rules:

-Votes every year

-After 1 year of the game, switch to the new F1 rules

-Customize every years car design (like wider wings or something that add downforce or not)

-Change rules whenever

-Design tracks?! (Design you're own tracks or download them from steam maybe) (Add props so tracks are nicely customizable)

In-game purchases:

-Add "creator" dlc and with that you can customize everything (I know people won't like this cause oh I already have the game why should I pay more, but more money for codemasters is good, and I'd friggin buy it for like 10$)

Yeah I think the game would sky rocket from Great to Amazing ******* game. The motorsport manager players would love that since Playsport Games left them hanging. And it would add more gamemodes to the game!

Let me know what you think! If you like the idea share it and blow it up so codemasters can see.

Thanks for reading this,

Shimmel 

That's what I expected from My Team in F1 2020. I can't wait for your suggestion to happen 🙏

• Agree 2

On 2/15/2021 at 5:13 AM, ShimmelF1 said:

I'd love to see a full-on manager mode (Motorsport Manager style)

Did you miss the news? Separate F1 manager game by Frontier Developments will be released in 2022. This is not the area of responsibility of Codemasters.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:34 AM, StrongestFish said:

Did you miss the news? Separate F1 manager game by Frontier Developments will be released in 2022. This is not the area of responsibility of Codemasters.

They could still do it. Can't imagine the Frontier graphics being what Codemasters got to offer. I can't wait to see what Frontier developments comes up with but Codemasters could still pull off a manager mode that is not directly competing with the game that Frontier is building.