F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Sick of the constant panhandling (1.16)

A saw there was a new patch out today (1.16), so I decided to check it out and do a Grand Prix at Monza. 

1. I was greeted by the pop up store window. 
  2. Naturaly there is the regular store window, as always.. okay. 
  3. Then there was the news section, which also directed me to the store..
  4. Ofcourse there’s the yellow dot on the customization tab. 
  5. And after the race after the race the usual forced Podium Pass B.S. 

So pathetic.. I get it, Codemasters, you want me to buy Fortnite pyjama’s.. 🤡

Meanwhile, Bottas is STILL the fastest driver on the grid. Can someone explain that to me please? ... 

This really sucks out all the enjoyment for me. 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
  • Agree 1

On a serious note, I do agree it is wearing thin (no pun intended) after all this time. 

I know it's just one click to skip past the XP / Podium Pass screen and all but it starts to feel like more when I'm doing a run of online ranked and it's after every quality, after every race, in the way of me seeing the lineup and results screens. 

And frankly, there's nothing interesting about these outfits. If you watch a podium screen, the only time you see what anyone else has come up with, do you ever think, oh that's a nice design and colour choice? Lol. there's no character to it. they're all samey and boring and all of them do a daft little dance and it's all just.. really cheap. Nothing stands out from it, it tells me nothing about the player. 

• Agree 3

The fact that you can’t opt out of the constant panhandling, annoys me.

It’s an € 80 game, not some free phone app! Just leave me alone to enjoy the  game, man! I’ll visit your stupid store when I feel like it.

I guess if you sell garbage, you’ll have to keep pushing it, I you offer quality DLC on the other hand, it will sell itself. 🤓

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

The fact that you can’t opt out of the constant panhandling, annoys me.

It’s an € 80 game, not some free phone app! Just leave me alone to enjoy the  game, man! I’ll visit your stupid store when I feel like it.

I guess if you sell garbage, you’ll have to keep pushing it, I you offer quality DLC on the other hand, it will sell itself. 🤓

Absolutely mate. If they'd given us a Gran Turismo level editor for liveries, helmets and suits, with unlimited ways to design, shape and move logos, sponsors etc, as well as the ability to import custom ones and do the same, well then I could forgive some intrusive monetisation (to some extent). They however, did not. What we have is so incredibly shallow that the idea I'd pay money for more of it is genuinely funny. 

• Agree 4

I’d actually pay money to be able to opt out of it all!

Maybe that’s been their plan all along😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’d actually pay money to be able to opt out of it all!

Maybe that’s been their plan all along😂

If it is, it’s working. I would too by now. 

Maybe next year we can buy..

F1 2021: The Kimi Raikkonen: “Just leave me Alone” Edition 😄

• Haha 5

Just imagine if they had left out the little dances and actually improved the podium screens alone, to incorporate more of the feel of getting there, with all the staff and crowds below, with a special scene for winning Monza as Ferrari maybe with the red smoke and the huge flag covering the crowd, or Silverstone as a Brit etc. But no we get bland face no 13 in zebra stripe pyjama doing his rendition of Grease. 

• Agree 3

True. If only they’d spend their recources on something worthwhile. 

Can you imagine all that effort going into improving the game instead on intrusive monetization schemes and constantly harassing the player like a pushy salesman?

Not to mention the cost of hiring all those 5 year olds designing those ridiculous pyjama’s.

In any case, for a full priced game, they should just let you opt out. 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

One of many reasons why F12020 sucks. 

I don’t think it sucks necessarily. It has more problems than it should and the focus is definitely on the Fortnite stuff, instead of the actual game, but underneath it still is a fairly enjoyable racer.

If they’d just leave you alone to enjoy it without the constant begging for money... Pushing you to buy purple glitter pyjama’s. For me that’s the main part that sucks. 

• Agree 1

There is barely any spam on the console versions you're making mountains of mole hills. If you want to see how bad it can really be play the mobile game. 

Edited by zZ A M P Aa
Word
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

There is barely any spam on the console versions you're making mountains of mole hills. If you want to see how bad it can really be play the mobile game. 

After ever single race, isn’t ‘barely’. 

Seriously, because free mobile games are worse, this is supposed to be okay? 🤡
The fact that you compare it to a free mobile game yourself, is exactly my point. They shouldn’t even be in the same ballpark. 

It’s an full priced game, there shouldn’t be spam or free-to-play type monetization at all.

The could offer regular DLC instead.  

14 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

After ever single race, isn’t ‘barely’. 

Seriously, because free mobile games are worse, this is supposed to be okay? 🤡
The fact that you compare it to a free mobile game yourself, is exactly my point. They shouldn’t even be in the same ballpark. 

It’s an full priced game, there shouldn’t be spam or free-to-play type monetization at all.

The could offer regular DLC instead.  

If you a referring to the xp counting up after a race, where else would they put it. 

It's an incentive to complete challenges and unlock stuff. I havent spent an extra penny on F1 2020 and have maxed out all the podium passes. 

The monetization on this game is so small compared to FIFA for instance. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

The monetization on this game is so small compared to FIFA for instance. 

Because some other game is worse, doesn’t make it right. 

Monetization is fine, but I prefer regular DLC, like in Grid or Dirt 5. Podium Pass is to intrusive for my taste (not to mention the items are childish and have notting do with F1... leopard skin helmets, seriously?!🤨). I don’t like getting it shoved in my face every time I do a race. Opting out isn’t such a big ask.

Anyway, it’s just my opinion, you don’t have to to feel te same ✌️

• Agree 1