F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

F1 2021 Wishlist

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 2:56 AM, TimmySaurus99 said:

I just want to say that this idea I'm about to explain came to my mind when I saw the Bahrein GP last weekend, the part involving Checo Perez. I think it would expand the realism of the game from my point of view that electronic failures were included to the game, like for example the car turning off randomly. I would really like to see this type of problems or failures happening in the game, even if the solution of it was pressing 3 buttons in a particular order, or holding 1 for a couple of second or any kind of combination. I also think that adding other types of failures for example brake failures and things like that will make the game funnier, because when I play nowadays I know that the only way I can get a DNF is if I crash and this type of random failures will make the game more exiting at least for me. And I think that this type of things that I'm suggesting can be activated o not so that if not everyone wants to get random failures don't have to deal with them. 

Greetings to everyone, see you on the track 😉

We wont because your  car will have had a random failure , we'll wave at you as we pass the pit wall

Hello Again.

One more thing I would like to add to my wishlist... VR Support.

Have a great day all.

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

I Just would like to add something that is actually doable as the game is probably more or less finished now so its just this ; I would like that terrible Hans Zimmerframe intro pomp and ceremony extravaganza to be replaced by the Intro music to the TV series 'The Persuaders' by the composer John Barry. If its not too much bother , nobody listens to that stuff apart from myself and Reggie Pinkerton from Nempnett Thrubwell in Zummerzett anyway so we would both appreciate the gesture . Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/t99QQIXez4M.    Its a little known fact but Nico Rosberg is actually Roger Moore s son

If you cannot afford the licensing fee for that then Reggie says can you try for this as its his favourite tune .  https://youtu.be/4PLbmy1RUpI

Edited by Exasperated

Posted (edited)

For me there has to be more made of the full F2 Season leading into your F1 Career. Basically at the moment there is no benefit to it, also the questions at your first interview in Australia should reflect how your F2 career went. Instead you are a total unknown regardless of the choice made at the start.

It would be great if your F2 Career determined which F1 team approaches you and for me that's another change which has to be made, teams should approach the driver not the other way round. 

The top F1 drivers don't sign 11 race contracts, it shouldn't be that Mercedes will let you replace Hamilton or Bottas 11 races into a season. They should approach you dependant on your career so far AND if there is a seat available.

EDIT: Performance related approaches and having to be approached could be an option to cater for those who want to just jump in of course. Also it could be linked to My Team, after a successful driver career you are approached by an investor asking you to create a team

Edited by NeilUK02
Addition

[I didn't realise that there was a thread for F1 games and a post about what we want, here is what I had said earlier]

I was just thinking about feature and thought of having some sort of ultimate team or myteam feature in a future F1 game.  The game mode could make you choose a team logo, of which there are current ones (Example- Red Bull, AlphaTauri, Williams, Mercedes) and former ones (Lancia?  Not really sure of former constructors).  You could also select 6 drivers (2 main drivers that currently race- something like Verstappen and Hamilton and another reserve driver- say Bottas.  You could then select another 2 main drivers that used to race- anywhere from Daniil Kvyat to Ayrton Senna, and then another reserve diver- could be Niki Lauda).  YOu could also select two cars, meaning that you could have one car suited well for Driver A, and a second car that Driver B would like.  There could also be chemistry bonuses.  If you put Hamilton and Verstappen together, the team will have negative chemistry as both of them are now rivals, and the teams performance could be nerfed because of it.  If you put in a Lewis Hamilton in his current form but give him the McLaren that he used to race in, there would be a ok amount of chemistry as he is not racing in his own car but he is in a car hat he formerly raced in.  There could also be a game mode where you could do a 4 driver race, where one driver per team is controlled by a real person, and the teammate by the CPU.  There could also be a sort of domination mode, where you could say that you want to race at Track A and come out on top of Team A.  I do not know if this is possible, but you guys could ask EA if you guys can put in a feature where you can get drivers from the team that you wanted to come out on top of (say you picked 2021 Haas and drafted Mick Schumacher, and then you could discard a driver on your team- an example could be Nikita Mazepin.  after you discard that driver, the other team can only use that driver if your are playing online.).  The reason I talked about EA in that is because I have got that idea from Fifa's Volta Football.  I know that this could be hard because to make it be fun it would need more than just the current constructors, but if it can be done, I think that this could be a killer game mode.

Posted (edited)

How about A simple search function or better UI for unranked multiplayer lobbies???????

When the Europeans are awake on a Saturday there are hundreds of "damage off 5 lap races at Italy and Austria" that I have no interest in joining. It can't be that hard to add a function that allows you to set matchmaking based off variables like track, race distance, 45 minute practice/ 18 minute short qualiy sessions, damage, or assists. 

The Pit assist is a disaster too. Its not that hard to learn how to pit with it off and it would avoid so many dumb collisions where the guy behind you enters the pitlane at 200mph, whilst you are downshifting and desperately braking hard to get under the pit speed limit.

Like medium traction and ABS, why give an advantage to people that play with assists??? Make the game force people to try harder instead of appealing to the lowest common denominator$$$$$$$$. 

Also maybe damage should apply to more than the front wing. Lots of people have mastered the divebomb that bounces off your front wing while causing them zero damage. Adding Floor damage, flat tires, and even rear wing damage (Leclerc and Vettel at Austria last year) would help clean up the toxic online races. 

Also maybe find a way to punish people that brake check on the straights, nothing worse than chasing somebody down and having them ruin your race because they get triggered. There has to be a way masters of code can figure out when somebodies time delta drops suddenly on the straight

Edited by ChicagoSeminole

Customizable race number and track order in the careers.

Fair penalties: if my opponent crashes to me, I shouldn't have any penalty but my opponent HAS!

Full car control at the end of SC.

Improved team radio, with the possibility to ask my engineer my gap from a certain driver, to tell him what compound I want on my car in the next pit stop, ecc

On 4/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, ChicagoSeminole said:

How about A simple search function or better UI for unranked multiplayer lobbies???????

When the Europeans are awake on a Saturday there are hundreds of "damage off 5 lap races at Italy and Austria" that I have no interest in joining. It can't be that hard to add a function that allows you to set matchmaking based off variables like track, race distance, 45 minute practice/ 18 minute short qualiy sessions, damage, or assists. 

I live in Europe but would still like to see these sort of options 👍.