Jump to content Jump to content

Following a modest result in F1 2020, I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't fully impressed with the game. It is a game to forget for me. But since then, I've been writing a wishlist for F1 2021, and I really want one of them to happen.

1. New race engineer✖

Game by game, Jeff is slaying the real F1 experience. We need a new race engineer to replace him. And talking about race engineer, I don't want to hear any radio message that acts like a game tutorial. For instance, explaining the MFD. This creates a bestial amount of gap to the real F1 racing experience.

2. Track decorations MUST match real life's✖

In F1 2020 I've been seeing multiple times track decorations that doesn't even exist in real life. Example: At Zandvoort, Circuit of the Americas and Silverstone, for some reason you guys spawned a Ferris wheel. Remove them. This could be against the track licensing either. And talking about licensing,

3. Bring back the Red Flags✖

Yeah, I bet you saw this one coming. I've been literally hungry to see the red flags to come back and every single opportunity I wished so never happened. Last time we had a F1 game with red flags was F1 2014 in the PS3 and Xbox 360. This is just unacceptable. I can't accept this anymore.

4. No more slow motion effect after terminal damage✖

Yes, the slow motion effect (or killcam), KILLS realism. Period. I'm fed up of seeing this effect after any terminal damage. You would think that there is someone on this beautiful Earth that would accept such a thing like this, especially for the sim racers? I bet there is none. 

(Poor sim racers, I wonder how much they suffer to this 😥)

5. Real dashes for each steering wheel✖

Okay, this is also another thing I wanted for F1 2020. Result: MFD... AGAIN. If you believe that the teams hide secrets in their dashes then believe in me if you want to: This is NOT true. Each team show the same information as other teams do, so no more excuses, I really want real dashes.

6. Add more Fuel Mix modes✖

4 fuel mix modes has nothing to do with F1. A F1 car has more than 4 fuel mix modes. Same goes for the ERS. And talking about ERS, I need the overtake button driver hand animations to be corrected. McLaren, for instance, uses the overtake button with the OT button, not with the C switch.

7. All Project CARS' fictional logotypes available for customizations✖

Now that Slightly Mad Studios have been bought by Codemasters, it would be a perfect idea for Codies themselves to add all Project CARS' fictional logotypes to use them to add sponsors to your Multiplayer and My Team car. If you don't know any of Project CARS' fictional logos, here are some examples: Demonio Energy Drink, Rosso & Bianco - Men's Fashion, Almynec Carbon Parts, Copter2 Motor Oil, Mudino Motor Oil, Ebblix Racing Spark Plug Wires, etc.

8. Last of my suggestions: Add FULL simulation game mode✖

There are a lot of people in the world that plays F1 2020 with their sim rigs and I think it is respectful to implement full simulation mode. So do I want it.

So... yeah. That's what I wish for F1 2021.

✖: These suggestions were probably ignored or did not happen in F1 2021.

Edited by DaviJavarini
Added the result of the wishlist, checking if there's at least one of them in the game.
  • Agree 8

A small feature I'd love to see is when for the team's pitlane / garage positions to be updated when you start a new season (based on where they finished in the season you just completed). For example, in the MyTeam mode, my team finished 4th in the constructors in my first season, so our pitlane position should have been the 4th garage the following season (but it was at the very end just like the first year). 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

A small feature I'd love to see is when for the team's pitlane / garage positions to be updated when you start a new season (based on where they finished in the season you just completed). For example, in the MyTeam mode, my team finished 4th in the constructors in my first season, so our pitlane position should have been the 4th garage the following season (but it was at the very end just like the first year). 

Thanks for making me remember. I was supposed to write the same wish but I forgot back then.

I've also got a massive list of things that I would love to see added to the game, sorry if there are any repeats. Some are small things but would make a difference. In no particular order

Completely customization of season - how many races and in what order

Ability to move and resize sponsor logos (within reason)

Hiring and training of staff - staff have different ability levels which help with R&D etc as well as pit crew

More detail in contract negotiations which can effect driver morale - length, pay, bonuses, promises such as where the car will be in ability table, also being able to negotiate contracts at any time to start at later date

Being able to see what drivers want for a contract before approaching them (could have a HR staff member whos ability determines how accurate this information is)

More/Different practice programmes which get swapped around each race

Red and Black Flags available

More AI incidents in practice and qualifying

Pit box position changing depending on last seasons results in career

Pre-season testing

Cooldown lap

Players cars have more random failures

These are most of my ideas that id like to see, not expecting them all but would like a couple to happen at least :)

• Like 4
On 2/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, Davi Javarini said:

1. New race engineer

Game by game, Jeff is slaying the real F1 experience. We need a new race engineer to replace him. And talking about race engineer, I don't want to hear any radio message that acts like a game tutorial. For instance, explaining the MFD. This creates a bestial amount of gap to the real F1 racing experience.

I want 10 rece engineers! Every team should have it's own race engineer. You could opt to take your preferred race enigeer to any team you want. Make the engineers diverse, male and female race engineers from different nationalities. You have Spanish, Italian, French and German voice actors already. Make them do it in English as well. 

I know this is business so I'll give Codemasters or EA a new incentive. You could sell them as DLC like in the podium pass (shut up haters 😀)

Edited by BelgiumDude
On 3/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, BelgiumDude said:

I want 10 rece engineers! Every team should have it's own race engineer. You could opt to take your preferred race enigeer to any team you want. Make the engineers diverse, male and female race engineers from different nationalities. You have Spanish, Italian, French and German voice actors already. Make them do it in English as well. 

I know this is business so I'll give Codemasters or EA a new incentive. You could sell them as DLC like in the podium pass (shut up haters 😀)

Bizarre as it seems, there is precedent. Elite Dangerous, the multi platform space MMO, sells different ship's computer voices as microtransactions if you fancy a change to the default one. 

Telemetry - The central tool for ALL F1 teams. On a race weekend F1 teams will spend more time looking at and analyzing this data than all other activities combined. 

11 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

Telemetry - The central tool for ALL F1 teams. On a race weekend F1 teams will spend more time looking at and analyzing this data than all other activities combined. 

It would be good if this was in the game itself but in case you aren't aware this is possible in the current game using a smartphone (on consoles) or on a PC.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

It would be good if this was in the game itself but in case you aren't aware this is possible in the current game using a smartphone (on consoles) or on a PC.

Smartphone - that I hadn't seen... I currently use Iko Rein's telemetry which captures quite a bit of information for analysis...  But I have to be in the pits and then move to another computer to review the data

3 hours ago, dwin20 said:

You can already do it with F1 2020, but with third-party apps. I use SIM Dashboard with my mobile phone and even more: I even remade the real steering wheel displays not for all teams, but most of them I did. The real dashes does not expose secrets and I can prove it.

My wishlist is as follow:

1. It is time for Laser Scanned tracks. Why can MotoGP 20, I-Racing etc achieve this, but the official F1 game, which has been around for years with only minor changes and/or improvements from release to release, have a massive following and is now an ESport has not yet achieved this.
  2. Please oh please do something about the AI. They are as stupid as door nails. There does not seem to be an ounce of accident avoidence programmed in the AI. Situation: You are on the racing line, clipping the apex on the left rounding the corner with Button coming up on your right rear, you follow the racing line coming out of the corner onto the straight moving towards the right curb, Button does not back off and he makes contact with the right rear of your car four, five times preventing you from straightening out and sends your car spinning out.
  3. Multi player, replay. Some leagues like to put videos together with highlitght reels of the recent race. Being stuck with only your personal highlights put together by the game... makes this a daunting task, having to get everyone's highlights together, and then you are still limited to the parts the game thinks is worth looking at.
  4. Team Radio.
  5. Simulator Mode which would include you to be fully in control in the pit lane and driving into your pit. The game taking over and pulling the very abrupt maneuver into the pit looks very unatural, laughable and takes away from the experience. 
  6. Show pit crew doing their thing during replays.
  7. More options for race engineer.. Jeff is getting really old really fast. Also update the dialogue for a change. It is sad that year after year some features of the game receives absolutely no love, updates, or polishing. It just gets recycled year after year. 

I'm sure there is more that I'll remember with time. But these are my biggest issues I would like to see adressed with the next release. 

Regards

S4ndSp1d3r

Edited by S4ndSp1d3r
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Davi Javarini said:

You can already do it with F1 2020, but with third-party apps. I use SIM Dashboard with my mobile phone and even more: I even remade the real steering wheel displays not for all teams, but most of them I did. The real dashes does not expose secrets and I can prove it.

I think we are talking about different items - you are referring to a Dashboard - and I was focused on capturing data on multiple laps - so I can see where I was breaking, turning in, whether I was hitting the apex and at what speed - how consistent I was being, etc - also working through why a lap was faster (or slower) than another. Then using that info to adjust my setup...

6 hours ago, dwin20 said:

I think we are talking about different items - you are referring to a Dashboard - and I was focused on capturing data on multiple laps - so I can see where I was breaking, turning in, whether I was hitting the apex and at what speed - how consistent I was being, etc - also working through why a lap was faster (or slower) than another. Then using that info to adjust my setup...

Hello dwin20, I know it's 3rd party and not in game. But have you checked out "PXG F1 Telemetry"? 

That's what we are using.

• Thanks 1
On 3/5/2021 at 10:53 PM, KNT2011 said:

Bizarre as it seems, there is precedent. Elite Dangerous, the multi platform space MMO, sells different ship's computer voices as microtransactions if you fancy a change to the default one. 

Also on consoles? That was on my wishlist on the ED forum :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Also on consoles? That was on my wishlist on the ED forum :classic_biggrin:

On consoles as well yeah. 

I have to say, if the F1 game said hey, £2.99 and you don't have to hear Jeff again and can pick from this assortment... I'm in :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Proper engine wear 
  • Race starts from the pitlane after breaking parc ferme changing SUSPENSIONS GEOMETRY wings, and tyre pressures only.
  • A localised weather system similar to F1 2012
  • Perhaps a choice of race engineer  
  • Like 1
On 3/9/2021 at 12:21 AM, S4ndSp1d3r said:

Hello dwin20, I know it's 3rd party and not in game. But have you checked out "PXG F1 Telemetry"? 

That's what we are using.

I had not downloaded - I am currently using Iko Rein's telemetry. However, did yesterday - and it is very good!! 

However in-game telemetry should be an obvious requirement as it is such a critical element of F1. 

Hello, I just started playing F1 2020 at beginning of the year. I really like it (played two seasons and about 150 hours at all), but I also have a list of things (some are mentioned yet) that could be changed and make the game much better. Since I play in german some quotes might be slightly different from the game in english ;) :

• Jeff in practice an qualifing: even you told him you will pit this lap he says: "No more fuel left, you have to pit this lap".
  • Jeff in Race: when you ask him for opponents I race when I'm first, he always names the 2nd and 3rd driver. Even if they haven't stopped yet and 4th driver is just 2s behind having stopped. That's stupid.
  • Jeffs weather and forecast: When you start a race dry but rain is expected and you ask him about the weather he never tells you if rain will come maybe just in the last 10 laps. He only speaks about next 5-15 minutes. Also sometimes he say "Rain will stop in some minutes" even it is not raining.
  • Better info for pitstops and changing tactics. For example telling you to stay out x more laps so you won't be in traffic after the stop or "rain will come in 5 minutes stay out on these tires" to save a pitstop.
  • Tactics: Opponents are nearly all on same tactics (difference only 2-4 laps). Espescially when rain is expectet or race starts with rain and it will be dry later, drivers from the rear could try to change tires earlier or later.
  • In My-Team Career really annoying is when rain is expected soon or it starts raining a little bit but your team mate/team stubbornly sticks to the pit plan and gives him dry tires for 2 laps and the pit again for inters or wet.
  • More AI incidents, even in Monaco with rain there are mostly 22 (24 drivers in My Team Career mode) or more drivers see the checkered flag.
  • Pit box position changing depending on last seasons results in career.
  • I'm not sure but I think that even at the end of the second season the game says "You finished place XY in season 2020" but the second season should be 2021 ;)
  • Make the dashboard more customizable, for example with an option to have the TV dashboard with all drivers instead of the small version with just five drivers. It would also be nice be able to change the view while racing. So you can switch between seeing the gap, number of pitstops and/or the actual tire. Maybe a combination could be also useful. For example the TV dashboard with shortened names (initials) of all 22/24 drivers, tire symbol, colored circle with number of pitstops (blinking while driver is in teh pitlane) and the gap. Furthermore customizable the number of shown drivers.
  • The interview animations are not synchronous at all and there are always questions that don't match to the race and the circumstances at all.
  • 2 weeks later...

An option to turn on/off running out of fuel and the car stopping. It's practical if you run out of fuel for the game to coast you back to the pits, but it's also unrealistic and may affect the game outcomes - running out of fuel in Quali would be a penalty.

Practice is fine, no-one cares unless it adds time

Quali and Race should be (an option) realistic

Two things I would love to see.....A seperate Ranked mode and leaderboards for Auto gears only. I love these games but as someone at my age that doesn't have the skill or time to get good at manual shifting it would be great to see. I do quite well with Auto gears but theres always 3-5 people that finish ahead of me that are blatantly using manual gears (well...that or cheating). I know It will probably never happen. Just something to make us ageing scrubs feel a little better 😂

Edited by Spinoir

I think that main focus should be on

1. Add realistic incidents. I mean more touches, spins, close fights ended with punctures or wing damage. It should be included in game to add more realism. Now we have either no incidents at all or slight touches ended with DNF cause of fan made dmg improvement ( this mod is great, at least we had some crashes but not ideal cause of modding limitations, still I appreciate the work ) Also you should bring back rear wing damage, floor damage, suspension damage. The game is way too arcade in this particular area. Also you should let car particles to stay on track and cause punctures if someone is going behind the incident. It is 2021 you have the tools just bring it. Being honest crashes and car damage is the weakest link of that game.

2. Random car failures enable for player car. So it is kinda unrealistic that other drivers could have terminal damage from nowhere and my car is immune to such things until I wear the parts. As you can see last week in Bahrain even new things could broke easily. This is what we needed. You can add this option only for realistic damage mode so guys who don't want issues can play arcade version of the game. I really would like to be worried about taking the car home 5 laps before the chequered flag cause something could broke.

3. Fix SC to let lapped drivers go past. 

4. Different AI tactics and better flexibility during the race. Yesterday I was racing on Silverstone with SC on lap ~20 when two Haas'es was on medium tyre and Kimi on red without stop. They won't come box under SC just to go to pit when it ended. Kimi on the first lap after it ended and Haas'es 2 and 3 laps later. Like come on what's the point? Also rain races I saw ppl going box 1 or 2 laps before track get wet or dry just to pit again when conditions changed. You should also try to limit stops, get realistic strategies from each track, you had all the data in the world cause this is Official F1 game, and based on it build 3-5 strats for every team according to their current pace and quali results. 

5. Team orders. I hate when faster teammate ( or me sometimes ) is stuck behind slower buddy cause team orders don't exist. I know that drivers don't always want to give place to a teammate but well I think we could assume that in the game they r willingly doing it. I am always letting my buddy go past, they are not that kind. 

I think those 5 things will change the experience for as realistic as it could be. Of course it is impossible to mimic the real world 1:1 but it should improve the immersion. For me this would be the greatest video game ever. 

Extra point : bring more drivers to the mix, like Hulkenberg, Magnussen, Ericsson, Albon, Kubica etc. It would be nice to expand 10 years of career into 15. Manually drivers swaps could be great option to add more realism ( f.e. Russell changed for Haas after 1st season - no sense at all, Alpha take Albon cause I went to RBR and Williams took Giovinazzi who was out because of me ). It would be fun to make stories about drivers tranfers. I would like to retire Sir Lewis after 8th championship, transfer George to Merc, add Hulkenberg there to give him chance to win the championship, get rid of Latifi and form new Williams line-up etc. Sounds fun. This is my career mode so I should be able to shape it my way. 

Edited by MichałKucharski
  • Like 2

I just want to say that this idea I'm about to explain came to my mind when I saw the Bahrein GP last weekend, the part involving Checo Perez. I think it would expand the realism of the game from my point of view that electronic failures were included to the game, like for example the car turning off randomly. I would really like to see this type of problems or failures happening in the game, even if the solution of it was pressing 3 buttons in a particular order, or holding 1 for a couple of second or any kind of combination. I also think that adding other types of failures for example brake failures and things like that will make the game funnier, because when I play nowadays I know that the only way I can get a DNF is if I crash and this type of random failures will make the game more exiting at least for me. And I think that this type of things that I'm suggesting can be activated o not so that if not everyone wants to get random failures don't have to deal with them. 

Greetings to everyone, see you on the track 😉

Edited by TimmySaurus99