Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 Engine Audio after 1.17

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, sambarally said:

We can know why the old sound of the Polo R5 was delivered? It's bad

 

Moved to its own thread.

 

Are you saying that after 1.17 the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 is using its old engine audio and not what was in 1.16?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

 

Movido a su propio hilo.

 

¿Estás diciendo que después de 1.17, el Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 está usando el audio de su antiguo motor y no lo que estaba en 1.16?

Yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

 

Déplacé vers son propre fil.

 

Êtes-vous en train de dire qu'après la 1.17, la Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 utilise son ancien moteur audio et non ce qui était dans la 1.16?

 

Yes that's it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Errr...I just downloaded the update (1.17.0) and started a Time Trial run in the Polo GTI R5, because this worried me here.

I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not that good in memorizing, but I'm quite sure that's the new engine audio.

@PJTierney What are you saying, tested it yet?

EDIT:

Definitely have the new engine sound. No doubt.
No rev limiter (sadly) and the turbo "flattering" off throttle like crazy.

Only tested in cockpit view in time trials on my xbox one s.

Edited by UnderclassGDfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, got some word from the studio this morning, who are still investigating.

It seems this may be something that only affects players on PlayStation at the moment, Xbox and PC are unaffected.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Salut à tous, j'ai reçu un mot du studio ce matin, qui enquête toujours.

Il semble que cela puisse n'affecter que les joueurs sur PlayStation pour le moment, Xbox et PC ne sont pas affectés.

Merci à tous pour vos réponses.

Hope this gets resolved quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on PS4 and confirm that, it has the old Polo sound in it.
Please return the new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 10:25 AM, PJTierney said:

Hi all, got some word from the studio this morning, who are still investigating.

It seems this may be something that only affects players on PlayStation at the moment, Xbox and PC are unaffected.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Thats right. On PS4 we have the old engine sound since the update. Please correct it.

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I’m also on PS4. I haven’t driven R5 VW for a while, but I noticed almost right away. Is this getting fixed? Since there was an update previously to add this sound as the authentic sound wasn't available prior to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FrankDubs said:

Hello, @PJTierney has there been any word at all when this might be resolved?

Nothing yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted also in different topic and then decided to search if someone else has got same problem... Unfortunately it is the same for me, old sound for Polo R5...

 

EDIT:

There was also reset of all steering wheel settings after this update. I assume there might be some other "tricks" not noticed yet.

Edited by Snoopy43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, Snoopy43 said:

I posted also in different topic and then decided to search if someone else has got same problem... Unfortunately it is the same for me, old sound for Polo R5...

 

EDIT:

There was also reset of all steering wheel settings after this update. I assume there might be some other "tricks" not noticed yet.

I presume you're on Logitech.

Both that and the Polo issue are known and were being investigated, last I checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, PJTierney said:

I presume you're on Logitech.

Both that and the Polo issue are known and were being investigated, last I checked.

Yes, Logitech here. From what I see in our league the "rain bug" is also occurring more often than before, it happened to me in last rally and also some other guys had it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

Yes, Logitech here. From what I see in our league the "rain bug" is also occurring more often than before, it happened to me in last rally and also some other guys had it as well. 

Rain bug is a PS4 only thing and while we've identified that much, unfortunately no fix could be found 😞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, PJTierney said:

Rain bug is a PS4 only thing and while we've identified that much, unfortunately no fix could be found 😞 

I am aware of that. But it seems that after last update it is more common than before. So something went wrong there 😉

Edited by Snoopy43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Snoopy43 said:

I posted also in different topic and then decided to search if someone else has got same problem... Unfortunately it is the same for me, old sound for Polo R5...

 

EDIT:

There was also reset of all steering wheel settings after this update. I assume there might be some other "tricks" not noticed yet.

Ya I had the same thing happen to my wheels ffb settings after the update, I didn’t notice until I started a stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney is there any info about the sound issue? I also experienced troubles with stages loading in clubs. And my friends as well. It never happened before so I had to restart game to continue the rally. A bit strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

@PJTierney is there any info about the sound issue?

It will be fixed, that I can confirm.

No word on a release date yet but it the fix was a fairly simple one and on the dev side was handled quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snoopy43 said:

I also experienced troubles with stages loading in clubs. And my friends as well. It never happened before so I had to restart game to continue the rally. A bit strange. 

Not sure about this one.

One quirky thing I have noticed in recent weeks is that if you load the game up from Quick Resume on Xbox Series X the in-game clock gets out of whack and sometimes says events haven't started yet. A simple workaround is to restart the game entirely from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×