DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17

10 hours ago, MaverickMitch84 said:

Any update on this investigation?

Nothing that's come as far as my inbox anyways. That doesn't mean nothing is being done, just that I don't have confirmation on anything final as of yet.

When that changes I'll post an update.

1 hour ago, Bynar said:

Don't know if its limited to codemasters games but ever since I got my G923 and GHUB the wheel degrees of rotation settings I configure in GHUB just does not work. Starting a game just resets the wheels rotation settings etc to factory default (i.e. 900 degrees) no matter what's set in any profiles. Trying to manually switch GHUB profile in game via a button assignment will fix the rotation but then all FFB drops. I just gave up with trying to use GHUB to set it, my workaround is to leave all wheel settings at default in GHUB and then use in game saturation to configure the rotation I want, I don't get a hard lock at full rotation (480 for me), but it does the job.

For me it doesn’t pick up the GHub settings when I start DR. I have to alt tab out of DR (sometimes a couple of times) before it will pick those settings up. This was the same before the recent DR or GHub updates. 
I do that and once DR has the settings (you can tell because the rotation stops are now there when turning the wheel on the DR menu screen) I then alt tab again and close GHub from the sys tray. Once that’s done everything works fine. 

1 hour ago, BoringDamo said:

For me it doesn’t pick up the GHub settings when I start DR. I have to alt tab out of DR (sometimes a couple of times) before it will pick those settings up. This was the same before the recent DR or GHub updates. 
I do that and once DR has the settings (you can tell because the rotation stops are now there when turning the wheel on the DR menu screen) I then alt tab again and close GHub from the sys tray. Once that’s done everything works fine. 

Yeah alt-tabbing in and out is another "solution" but I do the saturation approach as I'd rather have something that doesn't involve messing about. This issue isn't restricted to DR2.0 either, happens in Grid Autosport and Dirt 4 as well, I put it down to being GHUB being bobbins. My G25 and the old gaming software just worked for the most part, its a little frustrating having a far more modern wheel and lots more issues.

26 minutes ago, Bynar said:

Yeah alt-tabbing in and out is another "solution" but I do the saturation approach as I'd rather have something that doesn't involve messing about. This issue isn't restricted to DR2.0 either, happens in Grid Autosport and Dirt 4 as well, I put it down to being GHUB being bobbins. My G25 and the old gaming software just worked for the most part, its a little frustrating having a far more modern wheel and lots more issues.

The benefit with the alt tab approach is it gives you a bump stop (ie makes it really hard to turn the wheel) so you know exactly when you’ve reached the limit. 
With saturation I found it just ignores any input beyond your set limit rather than stopping you. 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, PJTierney said:

Dev team is aware and investigating. 

Is there any update on this? Just could do with knowing if there’s going to be a patch, otherwise I really have to try get a refund for this game in a reasonable amount of time 😞

• Agree 1

On 3/7/2021 at 12:08 AM, MaverickMitch84 said:

Is there any update on this? Just could do with knowing if there’s going to be a patch, otherwise I really have to try get a refund for this game in a reasonable amount of time 😞

I don't have final confirmation, but we are looking to issue a fix.

I bought Dirt Rally 2.0 on Steam last weekend.  Unfortunately, I too have a Logitech wheel that does not work in-game once the race loads.  It's recognized as a G29 in the Inputs menu, and registers on the inputs sliders, but one I'm in the car the game does not respond to any inputs other than the X button and the View button on the wheel, no analog inputs whatsoever.

I've done all the recommended tricks so far, disabling Steam controllers, exiting GHub, un-plugging and re-plugging wheel's USB while Rally 2.0 is running, etc.   

My G29 works great in iRacing and the NFS franchise, but doesn't seem to work with DR 2.0.....   I have no idea about the FF performance, because so far I can't even get a car to move at all.

Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, LogiUK said:

Hi All,

We're investigating on our end too.  Could you check something for me please? Before running DR2.0, try quitting G HUB (right click the icon in your systray and click Quit) then see if the same issue with the FFB occurs. Your RPM LEDs won't work with G HUB not running, but it will be interesting to see if this makes any difference to the FFB issues.

Hi,

I, too have a FFB problem with Dirt2 and G923. I get very bad FFB, the steering wheel is randomly going all the way to left or right. However, by changing settings, restarting game multiple times, changing settings on G HUB I have managed to get Dirt2 FFB on G923 working three times. I'm not sure how to get it working, it just seems to miraculously start working while in game.

When FFB has started working, then always:

- FFB works all the time without issues (i.e. it doesn't stop using while in game)

- RPM LEDs are NOT working

- quitting the game halts and I need to forcefully shut down. Cannot get the Task Manager or any other application on top of halted game. Ctrl-Alt-Del / log off works.

So, it seems that there is some kind of driver/SDK misusage issue? Somehow LED control maybe disturbing FFB?

BTW, I have G923 Xbox+PC version, and playing on Windows 10 and Steam.

BR,

--Jussi

Edited by BlackBoxPlayer

On 2/17/2021 at 5:25 PM, LogiUK said:

Hi All,

We're investigating on our end too.  Could you check something for me please? Before running DR2.0, try quitting G HUB (right click the icon in your systray and click Quit) then see if the same issue with the FFB occurs. Your RPM LEDs won't work with G HUB not running, but it will be interesting to see if this makes any difference to the FFB issues.

And yes, disabling G HUB altogether before starting the game seems to make the FFB to work (Windows 10, G923 for XBox + PC).

Posted (edited)

it seems this is only affecting the xbox version of the g923, i have the playstation version and it seems to work fine on pc.
not sure what happend between now and the update tho, but when it was first pushed the rpm light lit up for the first time i started driving, however now they dont anymore.
this could also be cause by the logitech update to ghub tho.

Edited by Halvhjearne

Sorry found this thread a little confusing... 

Can i use my logi G923 on PS5 with Dirt 2.0 now?? but just without trueforce? OR has the latest update stopped it working all together?

Thanks

On 3/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, arans said:

Sorry found this thread a little confusing... 

Can i use my logi G923 on PS5 with Dirt 2.0 now?? but just without trueforce? OR has the latest update stopped it working all together?

Thanks

Seems like you’ll probably be fine. It’s the Xbox version that seems to be the issue.

wierd thing happend again today, not sure why (im guessing another logitech update?) but now the leds are lighting up again on my g923 ... same  problem tho, the lights are not synced with ingame shift light, wich is really annoying.

Posted (edited)

I've just switched from Xbox to PC.  When last played on xbox only the basic buttons worked and I had to turn off suspension and collisions on xbox and just left them off.   On PC all the buttons seem to work and everything can be set to 100.  But there is a random delay in it kicking in and no rev lights.

1st time I was in the joker at Loheac when the feedback kicked in and I'm not entirely sure what it was telling me.  Perhaps I just wasn't used to the additional force as it wasn't nearly as strong on Xbox.  On repeated plays it kicked in almost immediately and then at the 1st corner.  I made this video because I was surprised at how much force with lower noise levels compared to ACC, I've muted my reaction when the feedback kicks in but it's noticeable from the movement.

***Just watching now and the rev lights do kick in but this isn't always the case.

Edited by MauriceMiller

5 hours ago, MauriceMiller said:

I've just switched from Xbox to PC.  When last played on xbox only the basic buttons worked and I had to turn off suspension and collisions on xbox and just left them off.   On PC all the buttons seem to work and everything can be set to 100.  But there is a random delay in it kicking in and no rev lights.

1st time I was in the joker at Loheac when the feedback kicked in and I'm not entirely sure what it was telling me.  Perhaps I just wasn't used to the additional force as it wasn't nearly as strong on Xbox.  On repeated plays it kicked in almost immediately and then at the 1st corner.  I made this video because I was surprised at how much force with lower noise levels compared to ACC, I've muted my reaction when the feedback kicks in but it's noticeable from the movement.

***Just watching now and the rev lights do kick in but this isn't always the case.

Yep very much the same here. Aside from the force feedback, do you find the steering is vague as well?

Posted (edited)

I'm probably not the best to judge on that but it seems fine in my amateur hands.  It's just the timing of the FFB starting although it's not been as noticeable after the 1st use tbh but need to give it more time to see.  I only have the two games to compare but I think DR has it much better implemented than ACC, stronger and less noise even if ACC turned down to silly levels and some things off. 

I'm a couple of seconds off my xbox pace but out of practice and need to get used to the extra kick throwing me off line [my excuse anyway ;D ].

Edited by MauriceMiller

Scratch that. Reading the comments above about the soft lock I thought I’d make a clip showing my calibration and how it was working for me with ghub running. 

It then went haywire. Random feedback and spinning through 900%. Tried restart, full power down unplug, change usb port, power down again and recalibrate with no change.

Posted (edited)

@PJTierney @LogiUK

This is what I have tried this afternoon.

Fully powered down PC & wheel. 
Start up & load DR without loading GHub.  Wheel not recognised.  Shut Down game.
Load GHub.  Settings are the same with operating range @ 540. 
However, wheel Rotation needs 900 dor to reach operating range of 540.
Adjust operating range and reset to 540.  Solid feeling soft lock kicks in at 270 each side.
Close GHub but keep running in BG.
Start DR, wheel recognised and calibrated.  Soft Lock on set at 67
Start TT no FFB until 2nd corner Loheac.
Then starts going haywire spinning 900deg randomly.  Close game.  Close GHub.  Restart game.
Solid soft lock before green and feedback from start.
No rev lights but feels acceptable if a bit aggresive/sudden.
Fully power down PC as would do at night left wheel AC plug on. 

At startup GHub not loaded.  Load game wheel not recognised.  Exit game.
Load GHub.  Settings are the same with dor @ 540. 
Wheel Rotation needs 900 dor to reach operating range of 540.
Adjust operating range and reset to 540.  No soft lock.
Close & exit GHub. 

Start DR wheel recognised and ready calibrated soft lock still at 67.
Spongier soft lock at 540 before green and gentler, quieter feedback from the start.  No Rev lights.
Tab out of game and start GHub, don't adjust settings go back to DR.
In menu there is a solid soft lock at 540.
Delayed FFB from green.
DR now recognises the operating range of 540 so the 67 soft lock now means 360 rotation of the wheel = 540 in game but no lock at 360.
Then suddenly goes haywire and tries to twist my thumb off again.  Quit Ghub.
Reload race and spongy soft lock at 360.  Set soft lock in menu to 100 but still 360 in game. 
Restart game.  Now have 540 in game with spongy lock and gentler, quieter ffb.

I'm still not sure of the best/quickest way to get the best feel.  When GHub is running there is a good solid soft lock and stronger FFB but very jolty/sudden on off.  Plus random attempts at GBH.
Without GHub everything is softer with no lights but no attempts at assault.

Edited by MauriceMiller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaverickMitch84 said:

@PJTierney is there an answer to when a patch will be issued yet?

No date yet for a hotfix but I can confirm that work has been done to help resolve this.

Once I have a date I'll share it 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

No date yet for a hotfix but I can confirm that work has been done to help resolve this.

Once I have a date I'll share it 🙂 

Fantastic response and swift as well 👍👍👍👍👍

it seems if my computer is freshly restarted and i have not actually "opened" ghub yet (alltho running in sys tray), the rpm leds will light up if i start dr2, if i open ghub before starting the game, the leds will stop working untill next restart (i suppose disconnecting it would do the same).

not sure if this is a codemasters or logitech problem, but it seems logitechs way if solving it is to disable customer support for the wheel.

4 hours ago, Halvhjearne said:

it seems if my computer is freshly restarted and i have not actually "opened" ghub yet (alltho running in sys tray), the rpm leds will light up if i start dr2, if i open ghub before starting the game, the leds will stop working untill next restart (i suppose disconnecting it would do the same).

not sure if this is a codemasters or logitech problem, but it seems logitechs way if solving it is to disable customer support for the wheel.

It depends how far you power down. If you shut down from the menu your USB will still likely offer some power.  Depending on kit this may be visible on an RGB mouse/keyboard or the mobo still lit up. 

When you install GHub it will set itself to load on startup so even though you haven’t opened it, it has activated itself. If you go into settings- apps- startup you can disable it there. Restart PC and load DR without opening GHub. See what difference there is, if any. 

Personally I can live without rev lights on the wheel. I usually go by sound/location and then on screen display in my peripheral vision as secondary.  Rarely notice my wheel lights. 

Posted (edited)

I thought I had figured a good order of setting up so it would run with GHub open but changing wheel dor didn't go smoothly.  I was playing with a 360 dor set in GHub.  The soft lock in game at 100.  The stop itself solid. Previously when spongy you could quite easily turn through it. Now I would really have to force it and it’s an instant bump.   Feedback in the game is also strong and quiet enough with susp\col at 80, the rest at 100.  I was going to list the process on here but thought I'd test at 540.  Then it all went haywire again, but closing GHub stopped the spinning whilst keeping the stronger forces. 

Edited by MauriceMiller

14 hours ago, MauriceMiller said:

It depends how far you power down. If you shut down from the menu your USB will still likely offer some power.  Depending on kit this may be visible on an RGB mouse/keyboard or the mobo still lit up. 

no ... thats not whats happening.

its not randomly lighting up, its following the rpms of the cars.

14 hours ago, MauriceMiller said:

When you install GHub it will set itself to load on startup so even though you haven’t opened it, it has activated itself. If you go into settings- apps- startup you can disable it there. Restart PC and load DR without opening GHub. See what difference there is, if any. 

i know its already "activated" as you put it, its running in the sys tray ... duh.

but if i open ghub the rpm leds will stop working.

can you pls read before you post.

im not one of the guys that has "problems" as such with the wheel and tbh i dont really care about the leds, i just want them to show shift light correct if they do light up or not light up at all.