DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17

Currently, no.

It's not natively supporting it (and thus, no TRUEFORCE).

Related, we don't natively support the new Fanatec WRC wheel either.

I'm unsure on the Fanatec McLaren GT3, since it's an updated version of a wheel that used to be available in 2019.

It works as a basic wheel. No trueforce and minimal button support.     So, on xbox at least, only d-pad and ABYX work alongside the wheel and pedals. I’ve also turned off collision & suspension feedback as these seem very notchy/loose/loud. 

Works well enough to win at whatever difficulty level you play at. 

On first play make sure it’s registered as a wheel in the devices menu that you can click to change buttons/feedback/etc. Press Y in devices list menu to calibrate for soft lock to work. 

If not recognised restart as the wheel will have everything set to maximum so wheel is difficult to move and a bump spikes the feedback. 

Edited by MauriceMiller
  • Like 1

That's a shame, as 1.17 patch is final, the lack of support for trueforce is disappointing. sure hope codemasters implement it with effects like revving the engine etc

Edited by DiviLad68

Just an FYI:

We did look at getting TRUEFORCE into Version 1.17 but a number of bugs arose that meant it couldn't be delivered. 

The dev team (rightly) felt it was best to pull it out of the update than release it in a broken state.

If there's a chance those bugs could be fixed then maybe we'll see a 1.18 to release the TRUEFORCE integration but until you see something in the Patch Notes thread assume 1.17 is the game's final update.

• Like 1

And yet somehow they've still managed to break the FFB on the G923 in this release. I had it working perfectly by manually editing the XML files, and now they've made those changes official the FFB is completely and utterly broken. What on earth.

Hello,

I just wanted to tell you that with the last update that came out today february 16th, the G923 is completely broken with the game.
I'd make you a list of what's no longer working, but it would be an endless list. In short: everything.
FFB disappearing, gears not changing, etc.
No, it's not a device or firmware issue
  • Agree 1

Just want to chime in I'm hearing the same from a few people on the subreddit but with their G29/920. FFB isn't gone for them but extremely subdued now. My G27 seems fine from the little bit of testing I did.

It broke for my G923 too. I first went to do a time trial (I’d earlier watched a Jon Armstrong video of Rosebank Farm in Scotland and wanted to see how far off I was on pace) and it felt different than normal as well as the Rev lights on the wheel now lit up, 2 corners in and FFB all disappeared to nothing. 
The game is now unplayable and I’m gutted as I love this game (admittedly a later comer so still working through CM flat out scenarios on lvl91). 

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Just an FYI:

We did look at getting TRUEFORCE into Version 1.17 but a number of bugs arose that meant it couldn't be delivered. 

The dev team (rightly) felt it was best to pull it out of the update than release it in a broken state.

If there's a chance those bugs could be fixed then maybe we'll see a 1.18 to release the TRUEFORCE integration but until you see something in the Patch Notes thread assume 1.17 is the game's final update.

I'm hearing more issues on multiple discords as well; all G29/920 users. Reports ranging from extremely mild FFB to it completely vanishing a few corners into the first race of the day and never returning.

Real big guess on my part but sounds like whatever work was being done for the TRUEFORCE upgrade might have accidentally been merged into a feature branch that got pulled into the main branch. It sounds like the wheels are using maybe a new library implementation that was intended for TRUEFORCE? IE - "let's upgrade logitech.wheel.drivers from 1.4 to 1.5 for the TRUEFORCE support" and something in that upgrade doesn't mesh well.

40 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I'm hearing more issues on multiple discords as well; all G29/920 users. Reports ranging from extremely mild FFB to it completely vanishing a few corners into the first race of the day and never returning.

Real big guess on my part but sounds like whatever work was being done for the TRUEFORCE upgrade might have accidentally been merged into a feature branch that got pulled into the main branch. It sounds like the wheels are using maybe a new library implementation that was intended for TRUEFORCE? IE - "let's upgrade logitech.wheel.drivers from 1.4 to 1.5 for the TRUEFORCE support" and something in that upgrade doesn't mesh well.

Ha ha. A techie like me. 

The rev lights also stop working properly at the same time as FFB. Having spent another 10 mins playing both the lights and FFB periodically kick in but sometimes only for a few seconds. This causes the car to be thrown off track as the human force to combat FFB just does massive oversteer as the FFB stops suddenly. 

• Agree 1

Haven't had any issues with my g923 on ps4 but game did crash going too grid on rallycross, you have too redo your controls as they have bveen set back too standard after update

Edited by DiviLad68

Also not able to use my g923 after the update.  FFB seems somewhat inverted now and resembles how broken the FFB is currently for wrc9.

G923 user also with broken FFB here. This better not be the last patch!!

17 hours ago, Bynar said:

And yet somehow they've still managed to break the FFB on the G923 in this release. I had it working perfectly by manually editing the XML files, and now they've made those changes official the FFB is completely and utterly broken. What on earth.

Dev team is aware and investigating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi All,

We're investigating on our end too.  Could you check something for me please? Before running DR2.0, try quitting G HUB (right click the icon in your systray and click Quit) then see if the same issue with the FFB occurs. Your RPM LEDs won't work with G HUB not running, but it will be interesting to see if this makes any difference to the FFB issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, LogiUK said:

Hi All,

We're investigating on our end too.  Could you check something for me please? Before running DR2.0, try quitting G HUB (right click the icon in your systray and click Quit) then see if the same issue with the FFB occurs. Your RPM LEDs won't work with G HUB not running, but it will be interesting to see if this makes any difference to the FFB issues.

OK I just tried this and it seems much improved running without GHUB for me in the limited testing I have carried out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogiUK said:

Hi All,

Chiming in again that I've got confirmation from 3 people now on G29's that say it all works without GHUB enabled.

One of them never even had the issues show up, but he has been using the old Logitech Gaming Software suite that he used since his G27. So it's almost definitely something in the GHUB software specifically and maybe not even driver related since the LGS doesn't cause the problems. Don't know too much on this last bit though, I hate working with drivers and have stayed as far away from them as possible since graduation.

2 hours ago, LogiUK said:

Hi All,

It works to a point. FFB is enabled all the while but doesn’t quite feel the same (hard to describe how). 
Maybe related to a couple of points:

1: I used GHub to set wheel operating range to 360deg and sensitivity and centre spring strength to 40. 
2: There was a previous bug whereby when opening DR2 it didn’t pick up those wheel settings at game start up until I did an alt tab (I’m on pc) out of the game and back again. It also seems alt tab functionality has changed since the update as I can no long tab to another thing (it flashes black screen but always goes straight back to DR - I’m in full screen mode)

I’m guessing if those GHub settings aren’t being applied in game then FFB will feel slightly different. I tried to change steering linearity to compensate for the lack of rotation limit but maybe that isn’t the correct setting to change (maybe saturation?). 

***** update

if I set to windowed mode I can get to other windows stuff and this let me do the following:

- start GHub with settings above

- start DR2 (quick time trial confirmed FFB issues but GHub operating range applied)

- shutdown GHub (whilst leaving DR2 running)

- switch DR back to full screen

-wheel now feels ok and same as before pre-update (including operating range still set at 360)  

im happy to help further if needed (I’m a software engineer - obviously not to code but if you need stuff trying I’m pretty technical)

Edited by BoringDamo
  • Like 2

Thanks.  We think that this should actually only be affecting the Xbox version of the G923 so I'm definitely interested to hear more from the G29 users.

25 minutes ago, LogiUK said:

Thanks.  We think that this should actually only be affecting the Xbox version of the G923 so I'm definitely interested to hear more from the G29 users.

Yeah I’ve got the Xbox version of the g923 (but using on pc)

I have the g923 as well and using it with the PC version and have all of the above problems with the ffb settings, although if I turn Ghub off before starting the game as advised the settings go back to pre patch feeling and it works good again.  

On 2/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, DiviLad68 said:

Haven't had any issues with my g923 on ps4 but game did crash going too grid on rallycross, you have too redo your controls as they have bveen set back too standard after update

All my settings on G29 had been erased, backed to default after the last update.

Mine is G29 + PS4. I tried to set it back but it just feels different, less responsive. By the way, the steering sensitivity had been masked out, unable to adjust.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, PJTierney said:

Dev team is aware and investigating. 

Thank you for your investigation. My settings on G29 had reset back to default, steering sensitivity is unable to adjust (masked out). Force feedback is there, but feels less responsive. I m on PS4 platform. Looking forward to set back the clock to pre 1.17. Thanks.

• Like 1