Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17

My hero.  

You talk about the leds being a problem but they’re “not a problem as such”.   That GHub is running but you haven’t “opened” it. Like the magic fairies have control of your settings. You mentioned that the leds don’t sync with the game which was the ‘same problem’ and ‘really annoying’ but then say they they aren’t random and follow the rpm of the cars. 

Not surprising with so many contradictions someone might get confused in their mistaken attempt to help you. So gfy won’t happen again. 

Edited by MauriceMiller
1 hour ago, MauriceMiller said:

My hero.  

You talk about the leds being a problem but they’re “not a problem as such”.   That GHub is running but you haven’t “opened” it. Like the magic fairies have control of your settings. You mentioned that the leds don’t sync with the game which was the ‘same problem’ and ‘really annoying’ but then say they they aren’t random and follow the rpm of the cars. 

Not surprising with so many contradictions someone might get confused in their mistaken attempt to help you. So gfy won’t happen again. 

if you read as much as you write, maybe you would get it?

• Like 1

Assetto Corsa Competizione has the same or similar issue and method to resolve

Needs to be done each time DR is loaded even if PC hasn't been shut down.  

I’ve still had to turn suspension down for when going over the more serrated curbs such as on the outside of T1 and inside T5(? Last left) at Loheac. Again this is the same thing in ACC when going over the same style of curb so a Logitech issue. 

Edited by MauriceMiller

Hi, I’m a g29 user on PS4 here. I’m glad I found you all talking about this. I’ve been wondering what’s happening for a month now. Dirt rally 2 has been entirely unplayable for me since the update. I turn on the game, and my wheel rattles uncontrollably, to the point that it sounds broken. I unplug the wheel and reconnect and the game crashes to ps4 Home Screen. For those of you wondering about the g29 situation, this is what’s happened with me at least. Forget ffb disappearing etc; my wheel literally rattles so hard when turned left and right it would most likely break my wheel if I tried to play. And even if I went to race there wouldn’t be any ffb to feel through this intense rattling my wheel does. I certainly hope this doesn’t end up being the final update as it was meant to be. I never had a single problem with the game until this update completely broke it for me. This game is the reason I got a wheel, and I just hope to be able to play it again. Some of the dirt games have been my favorite of all time. And dirt rally 2.0 is definitely one of them. I really hope this gets fixed.

• Agree 1

Do 

17 minutes ago, MaverickMitch84 said:

It’s taking entirely way too long. All that needs to happen is a roll back of the Logitech wheel compatibility.

Do you believe it will be fixed? I have been wondering for a month now what the heck happened. I didn’t realize until today that there had been an update and that’s what broke my game. Then I saw it was being called the “final” update which, of course, was quite disheartening. I really hope to be able to play this again. Dirt rally 2.0 is still my favorite sim and the entire reason I got into sim racing. 

6 hours ago, Hurrytocurry said:

Do 

Do you believe it will be fixed? I have been wondering for a month now what the heck happened. I didn’t realize until today that there had been an update and that’s what broke my game. Then I saw it was being called the “final” update which, of course, was quite disheartening. I really hope to be able to play this again. Dirt rally 2.0 is still my favorite sim and the entire reason I got into sim racing. 

Apparently they’re looking into it. According to this forums moderator. I bought a G923, playseat and DR2 Game of the year edition a couple months ago and it’s unusable (kind of specifically for this game). Spoke to Codemasters support and one of their comments was “make sure the wheel is plugged in and connected via usb”. Then they said “No further updates are planned for Dirt Rally 2.0”. Guess it’s a case of “tough ****” unless they do in fact hotfix it.

Oh ya I’m in the same boat. My wheel is fine with every other game, and has never had a problem with dirt rally 2.0 until this patch. I bought my wheel last May and have put more hours into this game than I ever imagined I would; then all of a sudden, last month, when starting this game on my PS4, my wheel starts rattling like something I’ve never heard before....deeeefinitely not supposed to be doing this haha. I just hope when/ if they fix it, that the patch is implemented on consoles as well as pc. 

Hope to hear something from the mod here or just in a general statement from codemasters as my game is totally unplayable. 

• Social Media & Community Team
On 3/24/2021 at 2:26 AM, MaverickMitch84 said:

It’s taking entirely way too long. All that needs to happen is a roll back of the Logitech wheel compatibility.

It's a little more complicated than a rollback 😉 

The intention is to fully support TRUEFORCE. 

On 3/24/2021 at 2:47 AM, Hurrytocurry said:

Do 

1.17 was supposed to be the last ever update, however this Logitech issue is the main reason we're looking to release another small update in the future. 

I don't have a timeline yet as the team's still getting to the bottom of this (bear in mind, most of the dev team is working on "future stuff" so we don't have as many on DiRT Rally 2.0) but when I do I'll share an update.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
On 3/26/2021 at 10:39 AM, PJTierney said:

It's a little more complicated than a rollback 😉 

The intention is to fully support TRUEFORCE. 

1.17 was supposed to be the last ever update, however this Logitech issue is the main reason we're looking to release another small update in the future. 

I don't have a timeline yet as the team's still getting to the bottom of this (bear in mind, most of the dev team is working on "future stuff" so we don't have as many on DiRT Rally 2.0) but when I do I'll share an update.

Thanks for the update again. Looking forward to seeing the little update option appear in Steam 🙂

While a game is still full price (especially for GOTY edition with I think I paid about £60 for), shouldn’t  dev teams be prioritising fixing said full price game, before developing “future stuff”

Not ungrateful. Just impatient! 👍

Edited by MaverickMitch84
34 minutes ago, MaverickMitch84 said:

While a game is still full price (especially for GOTY edition with I think I paid about £60 for), shouldn’t  dev teams be prioritising fixing said full price game, before developing “future stuff”

DiRT Rally 2.0's had permanent price drops and sales for quite a while now. It hasn't been the "main game" in terms of development priority for quite a while too.

Ultimately a service plan is settled upon before the launch of a game so that everybody knows how long they're working on Project X before they can move to Project Y, how the thousands of tasks get allocated etc. Given that games take years to make you have to move development teams on to future ones at some point or else they'll never get made 🙂 

As mentioned 1.17 was supposed to be the final "we're done" point in terms of updates, but this Logitech issue caused the dev team to juggle some things around, and for a small selection of people take some time off of other projects to work on a potential 1.18.

In any case, I'm still awaiting final confirmation on when a potential 1.18 is done and ready to be released and submitted to Sony/Microsoft/Valve, but as mentioned before the goal is to fix up all the Logitech issues before saying goodbye to the game 🙂 

• PJTierney changed the title to [With Developers] Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17
  • PJTierney pinned this topic
6 hours ago, MaverickMitch84 said:

While a game is still full price (especially for GOTY edition with I think I paid about £60 for), 

Not sure where you’re buying from but, if it helps for the future for other buys, the GOTY disc for Xbox is £20 on Amazon. CDKeys DL code is £16 atm but has been a bit less. £5 on PC.  Always worth a look on these sites first. 

Edited by MauriceMiller

Just to confirm, the issues reported in this thread also affected H-Pattern shifters, and the potential fix the team is working on should resolve that too once it's released (I don't have a date currently).

On 3/24/2021 at 4:11 AM, MaverickMitch84 said:

Apparently they’re looking into it. According to this forums moderator. I bought a G923, playseat and DR2 Game of the year edition a couple months ago and it’s unusable (kind of specifically for this game). Spoke to Codemasters support and one of their comments was “make sure the wheel is plugged in and connected via usb”. Then they said “No further updates are planned for Dirt Rally 2.0”. Guess it’s a case of “tough ****” unless they do in fact hotfix it.

14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Just to confirm, the issues reported in this thread also affected H-Pattern shifters, and the potential fix the team is working on should resolve that too once it's released (I don't have a date currently).

Sure hope it’s not too long! Really glad to hear it should be fixed. Seriously miss playing DR2. WRC 9 just doesn’t do it for me like DR2, not even close 😏 

I didn't really drive Dirt Rally 2, prior to the 1.17 release ... so putting this here for now.

Does Force Feedback suck for everyone in DR 2 vs DR 1 or is it just my Logitech G923 (PC/PS4) + 1.17?
It's like there is no "HD" feeling it's just a muddled feeling. No gravel feeling on straights or corner slip (e.g. Finland), no feeling of coble stones (e.g. Germany), no feeling of sideways travel on tarmac (e.g. Germany/Spain). Winter roads in Monaco/Sweden is just bad all around. No tire slip setting at all. This "HD" feeling is great on Dirt Rally 1 where oddly enough PS4 is a bit better than PC. If I throw in a comparison with just about any driving game at all (rally or not), DR 2 FFB is really bad. FFB is not gone, it's just disappointing.

The other issue, are RWD cars really suppossed to oversteer so violently (on default car setups) - absolute worst is 80's Renault 5 Turbo. I can go a steady 40km/h with no acceleration, turn mildly and the car will do a 180 degrees turn. Even if I set up the same car for maximum oversteer in Dirt Rally 1, this can't happen and it's so much easier to control when you race for real. This oversteer also happens with an analog handbrake (set up to use clutch pedal for handbrake) at even the slightest amount. It's like RWD steering and handbrake are effectively treated as digital on/off or multiplied with 100 in regards to how it should affect oversteer.

To quickly summarize some other things:
G923 (PC/PS4) with no specific settings in GHUB.
No assists in game.
FFB is not all gone and rev lights work most of the time.
The game can crash sometimes if I press the gas pedal before countdown starts.
Very rare that FFB disappears completely during race, but has happened a few times.

Edited by Murderbotox
Clarify RWD car setups (default DR2 vs maximum oversteer DR1)
On 4/1/2021 at 2:30 AM, Murderbotox said:

I didn't really drive Dirt Rally 2, prior to the 1.17 release ... so putting this here for now.

Does Force Feedback suck for everyone in DR 2 vs DR 1 or is it just my Logitech G923 (PC/PS4) + 1.17?
It's like there is no "HD" feeling it's just a muddled feeling. No gravel feeling on straights or corner slip (e.g. Finland), no feeling of coble stones (e.g. Germany), no feeling of sideways travel on tarmac (e.g. Germany/Spain). Winter roads in Monaco/Sweden is just bad all around. No tire slip setting at all. This "HD" feeling is great on Dirt Rally 1 where oddly enough PS4 is a bit better than PC. If I throw in a comparison with just about any driving game at all (rally or not), DR 2 FFB is really bad. FFB is not gone, it's just disappointing.

The other issue, are RWD cars really suppossed to oversteer so violently (on default car setups) - absolute worst is 80's Renault 5 Turbo. I can go a steady 40km/h with no acceleration, turn mildly and the car will do a 180 degrees turn. Even if I set up the same car for maximum oversteer in Dirt Rally 1, this can't happen and it's so much easier to control when you race for real. This oversteer also happens with an analog handbrake (set up to use clutch pedal for handbrake) at even the slightest amount. It's like RWD steering and handbrake are effectively treated as digital on/off or multiplied with 100 in regards to how it should affect oversteer.

To quickly summarize some other things:
G923 (PC/PS4) with no specific settings in GHUB.
No assists in game.
FFB is not all gone and rev lights work most of the time.
The game can crash sometimes if I press the gas pedal before countdown starts.
Very rare that FFB disappears completely during race, but has happened a few times.

The force feedback you’re describing is not the game’s usual ffb. There is an issue with the most recent update as people have been describing in this thread. You just unfortunately bought it at a bad time. The ffb is actually, I’d say, similar to the first DR, but it is more refined. Codemasters are working on fixing the bug in an update, as PJTierny(the mod here) has said. Just gotta wait it out; it just sucks that this is your first experience with the game but know what you’re experiencing isn’t the normal ffb.

As for the RWD vehicles, maybe the issue with the ffb is causing them to be more difficult to handle since you’re not getting proper feedback. Regardless of that, you just really have to practice throttle control. If you smash the throttle mid turn, or on exit, you will spin. Some cars are more susceptible to this. The R5 turbo is particularly squirrelly because of the short wheelbase. Give it another try once the bug is fixed bc once you get a handle on that car it’s a blast. Try the E30 M3 or the Datsun if you want to try out a more stable RWD. Overall, I think the RWD cars are a real step up from DR1. 

I seem to struggle when on default with the outside front wheel digging in on corner entry with a lot of cars.  More so on tarmac. 

I do more rallycross than rally but when on tarmac with RWD I can really struggle but think they're great on dirt/gravel.  I expected it to be the other way around.  There's been a few daily's with the 205 RWD.  Brilliant at Catalunya to dive into the dirt right and shift weight on the dirt 'chicane' and power down to the final corner but a nightmare at the joker hairpin and long left.

Edited by MauriceMiller
  • PJTierney changed the title to Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17
  • PJTierney unfeatured this topic

Still have to tab out to reset GHub DOR when game loaded but now has lost the firm bump stop.  Feedback, vibration and rev lights seem good when GHub running now.   

In game soft lock not working either.

Edited by MauriceMiller

works just fine for me first time i start dr2 after a restart, next time i start dr2 the rev lights stops lighting up but everything else still works fine ... same isssu where the rev lights does not match ingame cars revlights or shift light tho.

however, not sure how i feel about trueforce, its nice to feel the engine rev, but it does seems a bit meh.
personally i turned engine to about 50 (might turn it down further) and the other 2 to 0 cause i felt it somewhat blended into or distorted other ffb.

6 hours ago, Hurrytocurry said:

Unfortunately, my g29 on ps4 is still doing the same thing- rattling like crazy from the moment the game is booted- even after installing the update. So bummed it didn’t work.

Have you tried turning down suspension and collision?  Somewhere around 60-80 should do the trick.

On Reddit I saw somebody mention that you need to have TRUEFORCE enabled all the time in-game.