Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G923 and TRUEFORCE issues after 1.17


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Halvhjearne said:

sounds like a broken wheel to me, also fyi this thread is about the g923 and trueforce

My wheel works with 6 other games, one of those being the first dirt rally, but thanks for the suggestion. If you read just a bit of this thread you’d have picked up that this is affecting all Logitech devices. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hurrytocurry said:

Hey, so I just ran through all the games settings and I couldn’t find anything in game mentioning trueforce and as I am on a ps4, there’s no wheel settings outside of the game for me to change anything. Am I just missing it? 

 

G29 doesn’t have trueforce but have you (re)calibrated it?  Done all the unplug usb and socket reconnect etc? It shouldn’t be doing anything while in the menu.

Edited by MauriceMiller
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hurrytocurry said:

My wheel works with 6 other games, one of those being the first dirt rally, but thanks for the suggestion. If you read just a bit of this thread you’d have picked up that this is affecting all Logitech devices. 

that is def not true, mine and many others logitech wheels has been working perfectly fine before and after this and last update.
the problem referred to in this thread was affecting the xbox version of the g923 ... you would know this, if you had read the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Halvhjearne said:

that is def not true, mine and many others logitech wheels has been working perfectly fine before and after this and last update.
the problem referred to in this thread was affecting the xbox version of the g923 ... you would know this, if you had read the thread.

Try again bud. There was at least one person specifically asking on this thread for g29 users to let them know if they were having issues. 
 

Anyway, for everyone else who has been helpful here and has better suggestions than “hey I tenk yer wheele mite b bwoke” I’m all ears. Thanks all.
 

For reference, I own the game digitally, but I bought a disc to see if it would work without the update. It did but of course that means playing without all the extra content I paid for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MauriceMiller said:

 

G29 doesn’t have trueforce but have you (re)calibrated it?  Done all the unplug usb and socket reconnect etc? It shouldn’t be doing anything while in the menu.

Hey man, ya I’ve tried all the usual stuff. Recalibrated and everything. It’s quite strange. I was very hopeful about this update but I’ve had no change compared to the prior update that initially caused this strange bug.

In fact, when I unplug and plug in the wheel, the game crashes without fail. 

Edited by Hurrytocurry
Adding info
Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone notice that when you have TrueForce on soft lock don't work but when i turn off (in game input menu) TrueForce soft lock start working normally .... i'm using G923 Xbox edition 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, PJTierney said:

Expect a fix for various Logitech issues in tomorrow's update 🙂 
 

Thank you.

Love the addition of engines (via TrueForce) and the fact that RWD cars drive fine for me now as well as general force feedback being better somehow. Maybe RWD handbrake is still more reactive than I'm used to elsewhere, but less common to use on my favorite tracks anyway (e.g. Finland) and haven't spent too much time trying it out. In fact all cars drive better now, but I also discovered the real issue was when you had run some other racing game prior to DR2 ... and now that doesn't seem to affect DR2 anymore.

However, I still miss "tire slip" from DR1, don't feel that anything is coming through using the TrueForce Tire Slip. Maybe just a tiny bit if TF surface and TF Engine is set to zero. I realize that DR1 tire slip is just a really simple "vibration", but maybe it could be re-enabled since it's in the menu but just greyed out (i.e. the non-TF one).

Also since TF engine is quite powerful (which I like), it's difficult for TF surface to come through (even at fairly low settings for TF Engine).

As someone else mentioned, no rev ligths if you quit DR2 and start it again, but everything else seems to work fine. Restarting G-Hub will make them appear though, so maybe this is more Logitech's problem to fix.

Driving on ice and snow doesn't feel great or realistic, but I don't think that has anything to do with the wheel itself and this is probably just how it is in the game and I expect that's it difficult to change drastically this late.

But overall i'm really happy, so very much appreciated that Codemasters are so committed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 8:39 PM, Hurrytocurry said:

Hey, so I just ran through all the games settings and I couldn’t find anything in game mentioning trueforce and as I am on a ps4, there’s no wheel settings outside of the game for me to change anything. Am I just missing it? 

I am on PS5 with all the latest Patches, PS5 Firmware etc. but this is exactly the same for me. The FFB hasn't changed a tiny bit from 1.17 to 1.18. There is no "Trueforce" option as well. The whole FFB menu looks exactly the same. So it seems, that the PS4 and PS5 patch somehow missed to implement this feature. I know how Trueforce feels and there is definitely no Trueforce available on PS4/PS5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 5:10 AM, whaitschnoik said:

I am on PS5 with all the latest Patches, PS5 Firmware etc. but this is exactly the same for me. The FFB hasn't changed a tiny bit from 1.17 to 1.18. There is no "Trueforce" option as well. The whole FFB menu looks exactly the same. So it seems, that the PS4 and PS5 patch somehow missed to implement this feature. I know how Trueforce feels and there is definitely no Trueforce available on PS4/PS5.

From what’s being said here trueforce isn’t something the g29 has. It’s just the new g923. My main concern is that I can’t even play the game because as soon as it starts my wheels starts rattling like crazy, like literally rattling. Something I’ve never experienced in any other game or DR2 until these updates. It’s good to hear from a PS5 owner cuz I’m trying to find out how I’ll ever be able to play this game again since it’s the reason I got a wheel in the first place I’ve been wondering if a PS5 would fix my problem or a different brand of wheel would be more of a sure thing. Are you experiencing that rattling that starts as soon as your in the menus that I’ve mentioned?

 

Even if trueforce isn’t an option for our wheels, you’d think it’d still show up as a setting right? If by chance, it’s on by default and maybe that’s what’s causing my wheel to rattle, if the setting was there I could make it stop.  All hypothetical of course; all I know is the rattling has rendered my game unplayable and it specifically started on the update a few months again and this new one did not fix it, unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have a Logitech G923. I couldn't get the game to work without TRUEFORCE but with ForceFeedback enabled. The game kept crashing at the start of most of the stages. And when it didn't crash the steering wheel had no FFB and suddenly went all the way left or right as it was calibrating itself. It was unplayable.

I found a workaround however. If you want to play without TRUEFORCE and with FFB: In the input menu put "enable TRUEFORCE" to ON, then put all the options related to this TRUEFORCE to 0. TRUEFORCE Engine = 0; TRUEFORCE Surface; TRUEFORCE Tyre slip = 0. Doing this virtually disables TRUEFORCE without breaking the game.

I think the TRUEFORCE is sometimes too noisy so having at least the option to play without is nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 11:51 PM, Megalijm said:

Hello all,

I have a Logitech G923. I couldn't get the game to work without TRUEFORCE but with ForceFeedback enabled. The game kept crashing at the start of most of the stages. And when it didn't crash the steering wheel had no FFB and suddenly went all the way left or right as it was calibrating itself. It was unplayable.

I found a workaround however. If you want to play without TRUEFORCE and with FFB: In the input menu put "enable TRUEFORCE" to ON, then put all the options related to this TRUEFORCE to 0. TRUEFORCE Engine = 0; TRUEFORCE Surface; TRUEFORCE Tyre slip = 0. Doing this virtually disables TRUEFORCE without breaking the game.

I think the TRUEFORCE is sometimes too noisy so having at least the option to play without is nice.

I suppose I’m not the only one who is still having issues with this. Glad you were able to find a workaround. Since there’s no trueforce option available on PlayStation(or with a g29 plugged in, not sure which is causing the setting option to not show up) I can’t try this. Game has been unplayable with crashing and a rattling wheel since these two updates were implemented.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...