F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Car updates not applied, AI faster or I slower?

I’ve just started my 2nd season in My Team. I had the 7th or 8th fastest car throughout the first season. I out qualified my teammate almost every race and got sometimes into Q2. I was able to match the midfield in the race and sometime beat them. I started season 2 with the 5th fastest car. I’ve just finished the 2nd Grand Prix. I’ve not gotten out of Q1 in both of my races. I was barely able to match the midfield in the race even though my car is faster. And my teammate has beaten me in every qualifying session so far. Who has also not gotten out of Q1 and has finished both races around 17th place. I was faster than teams with better cars in season 1. In season 2 I’m slower than teams with worse cars. I’ve not changed the AI difficulty btw. Can someone explain the sudden lack of pace? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GnrDreagon said:

They might simply be your weaker circuits or the AI's stronger circuits.

No, I had exactly the same problem, and I know that f.e. Bahrain is my better tracks. I might be wrong, but I remember a thread were this problem was discussed. Someone found out, that the AI seems to get faster the faster the car gets. So your car gets faster but, you in person might not get faster.

Maybe someone remembers the thread too were it was discussed. 

I guess it's possible they upgraded their simulators, making the drivers faster. But personally I never noticed the AI getting faster in a new season.

A.I. is getting faster and faster when you upgrade the car 🙂 That is the reason why you are getting slower then your teammate 🙂 You should lower your difficulty level every year, then you can enjoy the game 🙂

Edited by TheSerbian

24 minutes ago, TheSerbian said:

A.I. is getting faster and faster when you upgrade the car 🙂 That is the reason why you are getting slower then your teammate 🙂 You should lower your difficulty level every year, then you can enjoy the game 🙂

Or you could simply get better. I've played three seasons and have never needed to change the AI level besides for some individual circuits I'm not that great at. And that was pretty much the same every season.

The AI gets faster and stronger as they develop their cars, but so should you as your car improves so you should be able to keep pace with the AI if you have it set right for your skill.   Running in season 1 in my team mode as 7th or 8th team on the grid compared to running season 2 as 3rd or 4th you should also be running faster lap times than you did in season one.  The car is faster; therefore so should your laptimes & those of the AI.   Could also be that you're struggling (and maybe you dont really know it) to handle the car as it gets "faster" and a bit less stable.  Ive found your driving style has to change a bit as the car evolves, but it should result in you being faster unless there's some driver error happening there potentially.   

Also remember, as you and the AI upgrade your facilities your teammate driver and AI drivers get ratings boosts as well, which is also going to make them faster.  Especially if it's upgrading their "pace" stat.  I believe that is the one that weighs most heavy in race performance, but they all essentially do.

You may also just be finding out that you have the AI set too high for your skill level.   What is your teammates OVR rating?  If it's poor and they're beating you I think you may have it too high.  IF they're highly rated and beating you it may just be that they're better, which could be an indication your AI setting is too high.

I think the ultimate answer here though the AI is developing, maybe at a faster rate than you improving their performance, and while your car has developed/improved also you're lagging behind them even though you've passed some other teams on the grid.  Also, could be a scenario where you just have the AI too high for your own good at this point.  I think there's far too many factors at play to really be able to get a solid answer

• Like 1

In MyTeam the AI improves significantly from S3 onwards. This is actually not the case in Driver Career.

23 hours ago, petro1319 said:

The AI gets faster and stronger as they develop their cars, but so should you as your car improves so you should be able to keep pace with the AI if you have it set right for your skill.   Running in season 1 in my team mode as 7th or 8th team on the grid compared to running season 2 as 3rd or 4th you should also be running faster lap times than you did in season one.  The car is faster; therefore so should your laptimes & those of the AI.   Could also be that you're struggling (and maybe you dont really know it) to handle the car as it gets "faster" and a bit less stable.  Ive found your driving style has to change a bit as the car evolves, but it should result in you being faster unless there's some driver error happening there potentially.   

Also remember, as you and the AI upgrade your facilities your teammate driver and AI drivers get ratings boosts as well, which is also going to make them faster.  Especially if it's upgrading their "pace" stat.  I believe that is the one that weighs most heavy in race performance, but they all essentially do.

You may also just be finding out that you have the AI set too high for your skill level.   What is your teammates OVR rating?  If it's poor and they're beating you I think you may have it too high.  IF they're highly rated and beating you it may just be that they're better, which could be an indication your AI setting is too high.

I think the ultimate answer here though the AI is developing, maybe at a faster rate than you improving their performance, and while your car has developed/improved also you're lagging behind them even though you've passed some other teams on the grid.  Also, could be a scenario where you just have the AI too high for your own good at this point.  I think there's far too many factors at play to really be able to get a solid answer

The rating of my teammate is quite low. Only 70. My teammate beat me in qualifying by a few tenths but I’ve beaten him easily both races. I forgot that Australia and Bahrain are strong tracks for the AI. But the fact I was slower than my competitors really frustrated me. If I’m still slower around China (weak track of the AI) then something isn’t right. Seeing my teammate underperform, which he did not in the first season, makes me think there’s something wrong with the car though. 

Edited by toolongtoread