Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 need 4 new courses & 3 new location

Really do wonder how they’re managing the tracks for this years game. Can imagine they’ve been sent data by F1 to help with building them but not sure how much that can help the developers without their usual Lidar scans and photography they might usually be able to do without travel restrictions etc.  

I’d be curious to hear how they’ve developed the game this year and trying to work around all the craziness.  I get with the two teams working simultaneously that we'll probably see new gameplay features that had been in the pipeline before covid hit. But things like the building the tracks have probably been very difficult this year, especially with the alternate calendar last year and this years calendar being finalised late and already seeing changes before the season start.  

I’m sure we’ll hear more about how the game has taken shape when the promotional build up starts for the new game. 

I doubt they'll go for the circuits in F2. They'll probably stick to the original calendar for that. But for the F1 circuits I'm not so sure. They would probably want to include them and I imagine at least the Saudi-Arabia one is in it. Imola might also be quite likely with Portugal being the least likely (is that one even officially confirmed yet?). I guess it entirely depends on how much time it take to create those circuits and when the game is released.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, stephensmattlee said:

Really do wonder how they’re managing the tracks for this years game. Can imagine they’ve been sent data by F1 to help with building them but not sure how much that can help the developers without their usual Lidar scans and photography they might usually be able to do without travel restrictions etc.  

I’d be curious to hear how they’ve developed the game this year and trying to work around all the craziness.  I get with the two teams working simultaneously that we'll probably see new gameplay features that had been in the pipeline before covid hit. But things like the building the tracks have probably been very difficult this year, especially with the alternate calendar last year and this years calendar being finalised late and already seeing changes before the season start.  

I’m sure we’ll hear more about how the game has taken shape when the promotional build up starts for the new game. 

Yeah, I'd love to see a Youtube documentary about the making of F1 2020 and 2021. 

My guess is that Saudi-Arabia and possibly Imola will be in the game from launch while Portugal will be added later. Codies have forged a very close relationship with FOM and the teams so they probably knew beforehand which tracks were most likely to get added to the 2021 calendar so they could start building them ASAP. Saudi-Arabia's layout hasn't even been revealed yet but Codies probably already know it and have a version of it running in their builds. 

There's also layout changes to at least Spain and Australia which also might get patched in later. 

No.
2021 really doesn't need that. What 2021 needs is a working online mode, working functions and as few bugs as possible. I mean, what's worth all there tracks if the game doesn't work properly.

If we get all of these things it would be great but it doesn't solve the core problems of the franchise.

• Disagree 2
14 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

No.
2021 really doesn't need that. What 2021 needs is a working online mode, working functions and as few bugs as possible. I mean, what's worth all there tracks if the game doesn't work properly.

If we get all of these things it would be great but it doesn't solve the core problems of the franchise.

Different employees make the tracks and program the online code.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, FTBuzzard said:

No.

Absolutely disagree!

Online worked well in F1 2020 and after the first couple of patches the major bugs were sorted.

Top priority for F1 2021 is the new tracks. If this means nothing else changes in this year’s game apart from roster update and livery skins i’m happy.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Absolutely disagree!

Online worked well in F1 2020 and after the first couple of patches the major bugs were sorted.

Top priority for F1 2021 is the new tracks. If this means nothing else changes in this year’s game apart from roster update and livery skins i’m happy.

disagree as well
You see all that whiny comments and posts here on this board about bugs and online problems?
I mean, these complaints certainly didn't just happen for no reason.

First fix the broken game, then add new things. development with logic.

• Disagree 1
17 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

disagree as well
You see all that whiny comments and posts here on this board about bugs and online problems?

People who work on making the tracks don't usually work on bug fixing or online code.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:22 PM, FTBuzzard said:

disagree as well

On 2/26/2021 at 3:51 PM, Sector4 said:

People who work on making the tracks don't usually work on bug fixing or online code.

Both of you are mad it's much more organised than that. Screaming monkeys not knowing which department there in crashing into each other with paper flying everywhere sums it up nicely. 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:06 AM, Chromatic said:

Both of you are mad it's much more organised than that. Screaming monkeys not knowing which department there in crashing into each other with paper flying everywhere sums it up nicely. 

I read your post 3 times and still don't understand what you tried to express. 

• Haha 1

dunno

On 2/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, kalamazoo123 said:

Absolutely disagree!

dunno what game you have been playing but it ain't been F1 2020, online is still a broken mess, players get desynced, whole lobbies break and get stuck on the black loading screen which the only fix is to force close the game. not to mention the corner cutting penalties which gives you a penalties twice for the same offense, broken safety car where you get a drive through penalty the instant a SC or VSC is deployed. 

i help run a league and it has been a nightmare since the game came out, the drivers who are committed don't want to race because of the issues above among other things 

anyone who says the online in f1 2020 or with a peer to peer lobby system in general like we have now is fine doesn't play online 

13 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

dunno

dunno what game you have been playing but it ain't been F1 2020, online is still a broken mess, players get desynced, whole lobbies break and get stuck on the black loading screen which the only fix is to force close the game. not to mention the corner cutting penalties which gives you a penalties twice for the same offense, broken safety car where you get a drive through penalty the instant a SC or VSC is deployed. 

i help run a league and it has been a nightmare since the game came out, the drivers who are committed don't want to race because of the issues above among other things 

anyone who says the online in f1 2020 or with a peer to peer lobby system in general like we have now is fine doesn't play online 

Ive been playing F1 2020 and online works well on PS4.

As someone else said there has been a lot of whining, but that’s just it - whining for no real reason, some people just never happy

• Haha 1

It’s whining because online is the same for years, broken and bugged with a lot of issues still present 

people would be happy if it actually worked as intended, even in the esports races there has been issues with drivers getting disconnected 

Edited by cearp8858

Online is a mess so every topic has to become a "fix online topic"? I thought this was going to be an interesting topic about new tracks and complaints about not using Lidar and why they should but no it's about online again. Meh, Don't care! 😤

It may be that differing online experiences relate to where people are in the world and so which servers they are being connected to? Or indeed time of day connecting to the same server, with potentially more issues at busy times?

In the UK with a strong connection I find it to have more problems than other games but it never really hits unusable. sometimes the whole lobby gets kicked, sometimes I'll load into a lobby and only half of it is in the race. Sometimes others connection problems are clearly causing lag and issues loading in and out of the lobby / race sessions, and more often than others I'll load a lobby and no players will have any names and the game needs to be restarted. 

All these issues are rare occurrences on other games but do happen from to time, on F1 2020 I'd say you'll see at least one in a 1/2 hour session. 

I personally find the game loads very quickly from PS4 home screen to race lobby, so it's not too bad, but I can certainly see how it would annoy people especially those looking for a more serious league experience or similar. 

I think there may be a slight delay with the release to make sure that Imola, Arabia and Portugal tracks are in the game from the release. It would be nice if they added tracks from which there were 2020 season but I do not know what resources they will allow it (probably not). Codemasters (EA) are working hard to make the game the best it can be.

• Agree 2

ALSO certain tracks being removed such as the Chinese GP track, which would add a more realistic calendar. 

ALSO the ability to move races around in the calendar within the MY TEAM and Career Mode would be a nice feature. 

Edited by Sam ReaN

More than likely it just going to be the calender and that's it. Same as last year. Shame I would to see the three 2020 tracks included (Turkish, Eifel, Tuscan). Hopefully they can do it in the game from launch or post release DLC at some point. Although I don't hold out much hope. ☹️

Edited by Chromatic

I think creating new tracks is too big a job to expect any more than whats on the calendar. 3 new tracks and the modifications to Australia will be big enough. I’d be surprised if this game is ready for june but fingers crossed!