Jump to content Jump to content

Midnight Express

For those about to Drive , we salute you !  This is a quick bit of fun  using  FFB settings from 2018 and it was quite a good race if you are a T300 RS user with the F1 add-on wheel on a PS4.  and drive in cockpit view. The race is Monaco Ai set to 40 , 5 laps All assists off except Full TCS (The AI are on rails on this track why put yourself at a disadvantage ). weather Clear and the start time midnight. ERS deploy is on the square button. push and hold to deploy .

Calibration top to bottom : 0 0 8 24 100 0 16 100 11

FFB top to bottom            : 100 95 50 40 15 OFF 360    The 2018 game driving feels better than 2020 its more detailed on these settings. FFB not good on 2019 and 2020.

This is a strongish (for this game) FFB setting for a cockpit view , I doubt it will feel any good  for use with  Sit on mower view as it will be lost in translation.

Edited by Exasperated

Here's part ll   Drive in a Renault or other midfield Team without qualification and use this Set up:

Aero: F11  R8 , Trans: 94 on 50 off , Sus Geo: - 3.00.  , susp 6 4 2 1 5 11 , Brakes 100 press , 60 bias , Tyres  F  21.4 psi ,  R 21.5 psi

With this set up racing may be  better if you cannot find a good feel with a car.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:09 AM, Exasperated said:

For those about to Drive , we salute you !  This is a quick bit of fun  using  FFB settings from 2018 and it was quite a good race if you are a T300 RS user with the F1 add-on wheel on a PS4.  and drive in cockpit view. The race is Monaco Ai set to 40 , 5 laps All assists off except Full TCS (The AI are on rails on this track why put yourself at a disadvantage ). weather Clear and the start time midnight. ERS deploy is on the square button. push and hold to deploy .

Calibration top to bottom : 0 0 8 24 100 0 16 100 11

FFB top to bottom            : 100 95 50 40 15 OFF 360    The 2018 game driving feels better than 2020 its more detailed on these settings. FFB not good on 2019 and 2020.

This is a strongish (for this game) FFB setting for a cockpit view , I doubt it will feel any good  for use with  Sit on mower view as it will be lost in translation.

I will give your ffb settings a try. I am a Ts-Xw user which finds a good balance by setting it to 80-85 in game and low canned effects such as kerbs and tracks but I treat myself with a 35 damper.

But my issue is feeling the rear grip loss when accelerating and feeling the traction, so I don't know if ffb settings calibrated for full TC would actually help me.

I'll try and give you feedback!

Edited by HenricusVonG
Spelling
5 hours ago, HenricusVonG said:

I will give your ffb settings a try. I am a Ts-Xw user which finds a good balance by setting it to 80-85 in game and low canned effects such as kerbs and tracks but I treat myself with a 35 damper.

But my issue is feeling the rear grip loss when accelerating and feeling the traction, so I don't know if ffb settings calibrated for full TC would actually help me.

I'll try and give you feedback!

It would be interesting to find out how it plays out on that wheelbase, on my T300 it gives a good sensation of grip and weight (for the game that is) , but it feels abit numb , but it at least makes it feel like you are driving on a surface and not gliding over a baking tray greased with butter, they need to insert the FFB from 2017 into the game to gets Some feeling into it , its good on F2 cars which only took a fraction of the time experimenting with the levels with that car to find something reasonable , but its still not quite as detailed as it could be in comparison to a other consolegame that manages to provide huge amounts of effects and control over it.

Its not especially for full traction control , its for good grip really , even with Full TC on with this setting I can lose the rear end out of a corner if I just floor it.  but lets see how it reacts on your set up .l hope it gives you a good drive and max Funn

Edited by Exasperated
2 hours ago, Exasperated said:

It would be interesting to find out how it plays out on that wheelbase, on my T300 it gives a good sensation of grip and weight (for the game that is) , but it feels abit numb , but it at least makes it feel like you are driving on a surface and not gliding over a baking tray greased with butter, they need to insert the FFB from 2017 into the game to gets Some feeling into it , its good on F2 cars which only took a fraction of the time experimenting with the levels with that car to find something reasonable , but its still not quite as detailed as it could be in comparison to a other consolegame that manages to provide huge amounts of effects and control over it.

Its not especially for full traction control , its for good grip really , even with Full TC on with this setting I can lose the rear end out of a corner if I just floor it.  but lets see how it reacts on your set up .l hope it gives you a good drive and max Funn

Talking about force feedback sensations, I agree about 2017 being very good. In 2020 in have huge issues in actually feeling traction loss on the rear end, and when I feel it it is already to late and not gradual at all. Although with a Ts base I am able to pull off saves, counter and corrections I wasn't able to pull off with the tx (equal to T300). But I don't know if 2017 had better ffb sensations or just better car handling for my driving style.

Traction control topic, I did struggle a lot before sticking to TC off, but now also thanks to this more precise and powerful wheel base I can really exploit throttle control to rotate the car, at the expense of less stability and a little bit more risk. But medium is also ok to be fast. Instead I found that full TC really cuts the power too much to be competitive. But still, in 2019 Tc off and no assists gave you more advantage compared to 2020, where driving with no mechanical assists doesn't reward you this much.

Sorry for the off topic! I tried your ffb settings and the road effect is a bit too much. With the TS base it is ok to run it medium-high but the "canned" effects such as road, kerbs and off track can be set to very low values as you receive already a lot of detailed information with the force feedback basic setting.

Did not try your car setup in Monaco but will do. It's a one of a kind setup and very different compared to the common bias. More aero on the front may give you great turn in response but I would be afraid to floor the pedal. Suspension firmer on the front may make up to this and also very soft bars and a lot of rear height is all very interesting, can't wait to try it 

20 hours ago, HenricusVonG said:

Talking about force feedback sensations, I agree about 2017 being very good. In 2020 in have huge issues in actually feeling traction loss on the rear end, and when I feel it it is already to late and not gradual at all. Although with a Ts base I am able to pull off saves, counter and corrections I wasn't able to pull off with the tx (equal to T300). But I don't know if 2017 had better ffb sensations or just better car handling for my driving style.

Traction control topic, I did struggle a lot before sticking to TC off, but now also thanks to this more precise and powerful wheel base I can really exploit throttle control to rotate the car, at the expense of less stability and a little bit more risk. But medium is also ok to be fast. Instead I found that full TC really cuts the power too much to be competitive. But still, in 2019 Tc off and no assists gave you more advantage compared to 2020, where driving with no mechanical assists doesn't reward you this much.

Sorry for the off topic! I tried your ffb settings and the road effect is a bit too much. With the TS base it is ok to run it medium-high but the "canned" effects such as road, kerbs and off track can be set to very low values as you receive already a lot of detailed information with the force feedback basic setting.

Did not try your car setup in Monaco but will do. It's a one of a kind setup and very different compared to the common bias. More aero on the front may give you great turn in response but I would be afraid to floor the pedal. Suspension firmer on the front may make up to this and also very soft bars and a lot of rear height is all very interesting, can't wait to try it 

Just did a Google on your wheel base and with it having approx. 1.6 times more torque from the motor to the wheel its no surprise that the high on track ffb value was abit too much action but you could get an idea of what I am receiving  by scaling it back to bring it in line with that 1.6X figure , lets see how you find the car set up values , it works very well with my wheel and all the setup values that I run on my wheel obviously . Unless  you use all the settings that I run including calibration values etc then you will get a different result than I am feeling , I was running it last night in a Renault in a 25% no assists , no TCS at Monaco and it drives mint for me with total control front and rear as long as you don't get carried away on the throttle on corner exit of course .

Have a good race.

• Like 1