Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Teammate pits in front of me when I have already told the team I am pitting.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I pressed X -> to tell the team I was coming into the pits. I then let my team mate through during the same lap, and he enters the pitlane directly in front of me.

Surely the team would have either warned me that my team mate was planning to pit that lap, or not allowed the team-mate to pit rather than forcing me to do another lap?

I suspect this is an oversight rather than some drivers being deliberately coded to be annoying... 

I'm sure I remember F1 2011 warning you when your team mate was pitting (I don't mean when they are entering the pit lane.) I'm sure I remember a "<Drivername> is pitting this lap, <Drivername pitting this lap" message, whereas I only get a "<Drivername> is in the pits" (or something like that) message now.

As this is "My Team" I felt that I should have been able to fire my 2nd driver for doing that 😉

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

My Team. 100% length Hanoi race 

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Bit too complicated to create on demand as I cannot tell when the 2nd driver is planning to pit.

• How do you make the problem happen?

Tell the team you are pitting on the same lap that your team mate is pitting (if you can guess)

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

N/A

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

N/A

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

N/A

Regards

Mark

Hi @MarkBT52,

Did you follow the recommended race strategy or change while in-race? With IRL F1, teams will have specific strategies where, when followed, the team will have allocated laps for each driver. Should you override that, it would be a case of 1st driver on track would be serviced first.

I think the circumstances that you have explained would follow real life if I'm honest, but a audio message informing you that your team-mate is coming in this lap might be a useful suggestion

I agree that an audio message that your team-mate is coming in this lap would be a very helpful. It's always a tricky situation when you are near your team mate and decide to do another lap(or 2) in the stint, unknowing what your team mate is going to do

I'm 100% there used to be such a message in a previous version, F1 2011 or F1 2012, no idea which year it was removed, (I didn't get the games between 2012 and 2018)

(Don't remember it in 2019 but I can remember the same "Jeff" voice telling me that message in the past)

Not sure if the pitstop was scheduled on the grid, I think it might have been a manually requested one at the time using X -> at the start of the lap.

Slight deviation from the subject but I really wished there was the ability to ask the team to tell the teammate to get out of the way because "I'm faster you you" at Monaco yesterday after catching him on a newer tyres on a different strategy. (Whether he agrees to do so or not could depend on a driver stat).

(Since that was actually part of the 2019 game in the F2 introduction storyline) 

Sorry, different subject I guess but all comes under the idea of "team-mate cooperation"

Hi @MarkBT52,

I've added a suggestion for the developers for future titles on this. I think a text pop-up and/or a audio message informing you that your team-mate is planning to pit this lap makes a lot of sense, and would be a helpful addition, especially if you are deviating from your planned strategy.

A workaround for this is to change your 'Race strategy' at the start of the session to something more like what you are planning to do, and the team AI will make the appropriate changes for the team-mate too.