Jump to content Jump to content

What is a general setup to allow you to perform well at the top of this game?  Is everyone on their phones playing this game?  Or is it tablets, or is it a full driving setup with pedals running it through a computer?

In the past I just played for fun on my phone.  Thinking about returning if they have done anything to stop the horrific cheating by other players and if the AI system now has to race under the same rules that players do (no 250mph cars passing you like you are standing still).

Is there a Report Player option for reporting players that drive the wrong way on the track so that they can have their account suspended?

I see where they have introduced more ghosting, but is it working?

Working backwards through your questions:

The ghosting system still fails now and then, but it is the best version yet.  The "Report Player" option disappeared at about the same time that the ghosting system upgraded.  Some cheating probably still occurs, but the ghosting limits the opportunities for the rammers and swervers to inflict damage.  As far as people running cheats codes, they really ought to find a better outlet for their talents and their time than developing ways to outwit a mobile game (no disrespect to the game or designers intended).  The AI cars are a bit hit and miss (sometimes literally), but I've never seen the rocket attack that you describe.  I can't imagine running the game on a full sim set-up or even with only pedals and a wheel.  I don't even know if it would work.  To me, and in my humble opinion, this is a great phone or tablet game on which to stay sharp, turn off the assists and use tilt steering, and satisfy the competitive itch.  I don't know of another open-wheel mobile game that matches it.  Like you said, it is fun.  If or when someone is looking for more, than get a sim set-up and run F1 2020 for your open-wheel fix.  In the end, though, the game is downright fun and worth the time.

• Agree 1

To answer your question about set-up; I think there’s a few posts on it here already but don’t go higher than 90 on brakes. Max out “lightweight”, Then comes “power”, then “handling”. Aero is only needed to get really high top speeds. Think of it more as aero efficiency than downforce.

I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the best way to play the game I.e. tap turn or tilt. From the videos I’ve seen on YouTube it looks like the quick guys are tappers. The car drives completely different. They seem to have the accelerator on full the whole time and use max steering lock to scrub speed. I use a tilt set up and it’s impossible to drive like that. Another thing is that all the top guys are driving a Red Bull. Is it really quicker? Seems crazy if they made that car the quicker in the game. 

Edited by KMPkemp
Mistake

Actually, now that I look at it more, it looks like some controllers are supported: https://codemasters.helpshift.com/a/f1-mobile-racing/?p=web&s=assists-and-controls&l=en

I have never tried tap steering.  It just doesn't seem realistic.  Regarding your Red Bull comment, it must be a coincidence.  I believe that the official F1 cars rely upon the same performance parts as a custom car to determine specifications and performance.  I do not believe that one official F1 car is faster than another.  You are correct that setting Red Bull as the quickest car would be, shall we say, a bit unrealistic.  Someone should drive by Codemasters and see if a bunch of Honda Civic Type R's are sitting in the parking lot!  

• 3 months later...

I used to race the Ferrari for a long time and then I was trying other cars and the Red Bull to me has better steering. I was able to hit corners harder and faster, now maybe that’s all in my head but the times don’t lie👍🏻

LateapexDW do you work for codemasters? Just curious cause you always seem to side with them or defend them. This is an insanely awesome game but it could be a lot better than what it is, I’ve made tons of suggestions and they never get addressed so I came on here and A LOT of other people have the same issues, but you always seem to make an excuse for codemasters.