Jump to content Jump to content

Some 2021 and beyond suggestions

Thought I'd throw out some small-ish ideas. 

*More movement off track. Currently just flags, and that on rails helicopter. Pretty lifeless. Give us Groundhogs in Canada, birds. Marshalls moving around etc. Doesn't feel alive at the moment. 

*Driver editor. Allow us to change the stats. Everyone thinks their take on drivers is correct, so cede that control to them, keeps everyone happy. 

*Pirelli Logo on the car. Engine supplier logo on the car. 

*Create a sponsor. Give us a basic 'paint' program that we can use to create realistic sponsors etc. Like Pro evo has/had

*A faux social media feed. Give the world more life, by having drivers/teams/fans interacting contextually based on on track events. (NBA2k is great for this, but even the latest Spiderman uses it, really helps a game feel 'lived in') 

*Fix track limits. If it costs time to go out there, or they do it in real life, let me do it too.

*To further differentiate between lead and 2nd driver, perhaps upgrades should be staggered within the team. So that sometimes your team leader gets them first. Especially if development lands during a double or triple header. 

*Cool down victory lap/Sector, with celebrations perhaps? Like in Fifa. Just to let it sink in. 

*Make the boards at the first chicane in Monza, drive through-able. Also not penalised if you do so. Currently too tight to navigate. 

*Multiple versions of the standard sponsors. Just so we can get them just right, fit and colour-wise. Maybe a degree of movement within the preset areas. 

*A trophy tab for your HQ in myteam. Could be full of achievements, like a steering wheel from your first race, to the trophies won. Perhaps also store 'old cars' to see how your livery progresses etc. 

*Try and push the damage a bit more, and introduce more driver errors from the AI. 

• Agree 4

You should check out Gran Turismo's creation suite to see what is possible to be done for liveries, helmets and sits, it is exactly what this game needs, you can create (and people do and are downloadable in game) real life liveries and amazing fictional designs of all types. And that's on console exclusive, so it can be done and remain on all platforms. 

Anyway I had been thinking with next gen, surely now is the time we got rid of the basic national flags in the crowds and really got something more evocative and atmospheric

CoN0xVQWEAAAByX.thumb.jpg.f046fb1bc87a57f1e1d3ac0c07a5a38c.jpg

Also high time to introduce more of the F1 fan culture into the game, wile I don't expect hundreds / thousands of fans to be animated, surely tracks like Monza or Silverstone can have some broadcast elements or cutscenes that evoke the following:

7305_ferrari-monza-boo.thumb.jpg.09d1a2ec31ccaf9b097d9a02f4ee9cdb.jpg

static.reuters.jpg.e2ad6aa4092c78941e7fac6002b6b1fc.jpg

It's currently all way too sterile off track and has very little immersion into the world of F1. 

Let's see some real F1 style interview cut scenes / interactive bits

b3ed7e3d91eac93725d8f065f433dac7.jpg.4a4e86aeca01fba299c2279f07d09ae7.jpg

d0b700f2412116bc0139654da0bc0cfb.jpg.1b336622a36c25cacb0a0ae4b5266620.jpg

F1 is so much bigger than the race itself and while like everyone, I want to see improvements to the racing experience to make it the best it can be, the games have been really lacking in aesthetics, world building and any kind of immersive atmosphere off track for a few years now, especially with the abandoning of the paddocks area and mobile office's etc. that were in F1 2017 (though were still incredible limited). 

Just my wishes for next gen with that extra power available, lets have the best and most realistic career experience ever, not just one location and a laptop screen with the occasional samey 'interview'. 

• Agree 3
On 2/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, KNT2011 said:

You should check out Gran Turismo's creation suite to see what is possible to be done for liveries, helmets and sits, it is exactly what this game needs, you can create (and people do and are downloadable in game) real life liveries and amazing fictional designs of all types. And that's on console exclusive, so it can be done and remain on all platforms. 

Anyway I had been thinking with next gen, surely now is the time we got rid of the basic national flags in the crowds and really got something more evocative and atmospheric

CoN0xVQWEAAAByX.thumb.jpg.f046fb1bc87a57f1e1d3ac0c07a5a38c.jpg

Also high time to introduce more of the F1 fan culture into the game, wile I don't expect hundreds / thousands of fans to be animated, surely tracks like Monza or Silverstone can have some broadcast elements or cutscenes that evoke the following:

7305_ferrari-monza-boo.thumb.jpg.09d1a2ec31ccaf9b097d9a02f4ee9cdb.jpg

static.reuters.jpg.e2ad6aa4092c78941e7fac6002b6b1fc.jpg

It's currently all way too sterile off track and has very little immersion into the world of F1. 

Let's see some real F1 style interview cut scenes / interactive bits

b3ed7e3d91eac93725d8f065f433dac7.jpg.4a4e86aeca01fba299c2279f07d09ae7.jpg

d0b700f2412116bc0139654da0bc0cfb.jpg.1b336622a36c25cacb0a0ae4b5266620.jpg

F1 is so much bigger than the race itself and while like everyone, I want to see improvements to the racing experience to make it the best it can be, the games have been really lacking in aesthetics, world building and any kind of immersive atmosphere off track for a few years now, especially with the abandoning of the paddocks area and mobile office's etc. that were in F1 2017 (though were still incredible limited). 

Just my wishes for next gen with that extra power available, lets have the best and most realistic career experience ever, not just one location and a laptop screen with the occasional samey 'interview'. 

Hopefully CM make it, it has to be a Standard for all F1 Games. There´s more of that missing, a shame. In All, Finishing a Good Race today feels like "well that´s it, so skip fast to the next", No Anthems no Tifosi no Press no Passion.

• Agree 1