DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 is amazing

I really love racing games. I prefer the ones that go for more realism feel than arcadey ones so I find games like Forza 7 to be my perfect medium. I hopped into Forza 7 for a couple days but there was something I was really missing. I remember growing up and going to my buds house to play Dirt 3. We’d do time trials and try to beat others times. I went on Steam to look for the Dirt games and noticed that they were doing a sale. I saw that Dirt Rally 2.0 was on sale so i figured why not and give it a try.

I’m not too into racing online so I boot up a time trial race on the Australia course. I was not ready at first. I was crashing on almost every corner but after a few hours I was starting to get the hang of the game. I could see why people call it the dark souls of racing.192.168.8.1 jiofi.local.html http://router-network.onl

The control and feel of the cars is just superb. Once you start to understand how the car your driving handles and how to interpret the co drivers messages this game really is like no other. There’s a snow course and even just doing time trials on it and hitting your corners seamlessly feels so good. On some courses there’s some straightaways with huge bumps that you’re supposed to go flat out through. It really gets your adrenaline pumping.

All in all I can say Dirt Rally 2.0 is a must buy if you love racing games that cater more to realism than arcadey physics/gameplay. Now it’s got me on the fence of getting a racing wheel and I’m sure if I tried it out with my Oculus that I’d have an even more amazing experience.

Edited by David322
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

When you play it on a wheel, oh boy will you feel the weight transfer 🙂 

It's already great on a pad but the wheel really lets you feel the car.

Totally agree with Pj. Get a wheel as soon as you can, it's a completely different experience and you'll not regret it. 

It's amazing indeed.  And I think they're planning something even better!

Here here David - is it perfect, no, but it's a combo of excellent loose surface physics, a great car list full of models with individual character and some of the best modelled rally stages we've seen in a game to date.

Looking forward to finding out what's next!

• Agree 2

I love this game too. I was a late comer having just got back into gaming in Nov last year (kids now grown up enough I’ve got more spare time). 
Having read @PJTierney series on moving from pad to wheel I got myself a G923 in Black Friday sales. 

I also took his Australia Time trial stage as a gauge. Last week I finally got a sub 3’20” run in and now sit 217th on the leaderboard (3’18”342 in a fiesta R5). 
im just working through the CM scenarios on lvl 91 but it’s getting tough on 3rd group and needing a good few hours on each challenge. 

This game has certainly helped my lockdown blues and thank you to Codemasters and the team for producing a game that is such fun to play. Looking forward to DR3 (by which time hopefully there will be some decent graphics cards available at proper prices... my rx480 2gb just about copes with low!!  Looking for an rtx 3060ti but it’s scalpers prices and I’m not prepared to pay!)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BoringDamo said:

I also took his Australia Time trial stage as a gauge.

That was the best thing I did when learning the wheel, rapid learning 🙂 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BoringDamo said:

Having read @PJTierney series on moving from pad to wheel I got myself a G923 in Black Friday sales...

Thanks for linking to that post. So much interesting information in these forums if you know where to look (I don't).

I am also a noob to Dirt 2, it's am amazing game that draws you in. I get a good workout on my wheel. I am not too concerned about Stage Times as yet, I am just concentrating on completing an event without any damage first. Once I accomplish that, my times will start to improve as well hopefully.

You have to do the game justice and grab yourself a wheel. If you're only just getting into it, look at some secondhand wheels, there are some real bargains to be had.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, floydferrera said:

Thanks for linking to that post. So much interesting information in these forums if you know where to look (I don't).

I just updated it and put all the progress reports into a single post 🙂 

Some of the McRae Challenges are making me rage @BoringDamo! I have a handful left to do on the hardest difficulty and, although I am sure they are possible on controller, I haven't had the time to grind away at the last few yet! 

Really enjoyed some of the scenarios though, I think it was a very cool way to do a tribute. 

• Like 1