Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2010 - massive steering problem

Hi, I decided to play some F1 2010, but I'm having a massive problem related to steering. I use Logitech G29 and in Logitech Profiler I set 270 degree steering angle,  but the game seems not to care about it. At first launch it worked well as it should be. but then this happened (see the video).

1614521505505 - YouTube

The game recognises the wheel correctly I guess as I have an access to FFB and wheel options, general steering angle seems to be OK but the game seems to treat it as a keyboard? I don't know. The slightest move makes the car steering maximum to the left or right. I hope you understand what I mean. 

Is there anything I can do? I had the same problem a few years ago with DFGT as far as I can remember.

5 hours ago, MateLeLe120 said:

Hi, I decided to play some F1 2010, but I'm having a massive problem related to steering. I use Logitech G29 and in Logitech Profiler I set 270 degree steering angle,  but the game seems not to care about it. At first launch it worked well as it should be. but then this happened (see the video).

1614521505505 - YouTube

The game recognises the wheel correctly I guess as I have an access to FFB and wheel options, general steering angle seems to be OK but the game seems to treat it as a keyboard? I don't know. The slightest move makes the car steering maximum to the left or right. I hope you understand what I mean. 

Is there anything I can do? I had the same problem a few years ago with DFGT as far as I can remember.

Your wheel wasn't around when that game came out and so that may be the reason why it doesn't work , if you want to drive that game you need the wheel that it was made to work with as shown in the manual that comes with the PS3 or Xbox 360 , those being the Logitech DF pro and the MS wireless wheel for 360 , I have both versions of the game and both wheels and they work fine , the best wheel effects are on the Logitech wheel and the best graphics are on the Xbox 360 which is a shame but there you go. In conclusion you need a Logitech DF pro for best results. The results are better on 2010 than my T300 on 2020 which is a bit strange but such is life.

19 minutes ago, MateLeLe120 said:

So it's quite strange because it worked at first launch, but stopped when I restarted the game. This issue was also existent with my old Logitech DFGT which I guess is supported by F1 2010. The issue was exactly the same.

You probably had a patch update that changed it and stopped it working. If you have the game as the original version saved from initial download you could wipe the game from your drive then re install the original version and then  try to fight off any updates, I'm on a Console and the update installed itself by stealth even though I had defeated its attempts on about 10 different occasions , resistance for me proved to be  futile.

Edited by Exasperated