Jump to content Jump to content

Circuits not updated

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Err, there was loads more info released last week via all the YouTubers posting gameplay and some associated press interviews.

It wasn't exactly a lot of features two player career mode the damage model to the cars, updated UI, enhanced career mode options, braking point, that's it. The rest is what you see it what you get for the build. Waiting for E3 or perhaps closer to release something else might come to light.  

Edited by Chromatic
18 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

It wasn't exactly a lot of features two player career mode the damage model to the cars, updated UI, enhanced career mode options, braking point, that's it. The rest is what you see it what you get for the build. Waiting for E3 or perhaps closer to release something else might come to light.  

Personally I thought the damage model was a very significant change that few were probably expecting. The handling has changed too. My point though was more that loads of info. was released. I'm not really sure what more you're hoping for? I rather suspect you'll be disappointed I'm afraid.

22 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

2 player career, offline HUD for full race replays, ability to save full race replays, 3 new tracks to come, new rain model and I would assume more graphical touches to go along with it.. 

I get your desired improvement wasn't made but it's a solid bundle for a yearly update. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

2 player career, offline HUD for full race replays, ability to save full race replays, 3 new tracks to come, new rain model and I would assume more graphical touches to go along with it.. 

I get your desired improvement wasn't made but it's a solid bundle for a yearly update. 

Tbh, instead of updating racetracks, I would rather they include racetracks they had in past games (like Nurburgring) or alternate variations of existed track F1 used to race (Bahrain Endurance/Sakhir GP) if FOM allows it...which is unlikely to happen 😔.  

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Tbh, instead of updating racetracks, I would rather they include racetracks they had in past games (like Nurburgring) or alternate variations of existed track F1 used to race (Bahrain Endurance/Sakhir GP) if FOM allows it...which is unlikely to happen 😔.  

Yeah, but the problem is that they would have problems with collision, car stability, AI, racing line or track limits if you just port it into the game. They also have to do the track changes if the track is too outdated (only for this case, if it isn't too much, then Codemasters might leave it as what it was). They also would need to change sponsors (either replacing them with other ones or just "F1 2021 The Videogame" sponsor).

And there's also if FOM allows it. Let's remember we had a few classic tracks for F1 2013, so I'm not sure if it would be a problem for this year and forward.

However they would take a lot of time by doing this -- designing a track (especially not laser-scanned) is very complicated to be done in a very short time, and also of the virus situation making it harder. But they could add classic tracks once they haven't got much to add in the game.

About alternative track layouts, maybe FOM could make an exception, but I'm not sure. They would need to re-work on track limits and giving the alternative layout it's proper collision and make sure the car stability is good (as an example making it easier not spinning).

Edited by Eclipsium
Forgot to mention the alternative track layouts
  • Agree 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2021 at 8:22 PM, KNT2011 said:

2 player career/ I did mention it tbf it is welcome nonetheless.

Offline HUD for full replays/ Isn't that already available for online?

Ability to save full replays/ It's new for PC ONLY which is a shame

3 tracks to come/ I'II give you that  

New rain model/ Definitely an improvement. However it is nowhere near to the complex localised weather system of F1 2012 which made the racing fun and unpredictable.  

Graphics look better. The gameplay means more to me over graphics as their is more features to play around with. Graphics is king in the modern era over gameplay which is a shame oh well.

Classic cars removed depending if you like it or not makes no sense with classic drivers but ok. With have skins and microtransaction now 

Tracks still not updated with laser scanning

My opinion is the game is adequate ish as a filler in preparation of next gen F1 game in 2022 

Agree to disagree I suppose   

Edited by Chromatic
1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

2 player career/ I did mention it tbf it is welcome nonetheless.

Offline HUD for full replays/ Isn't that already available for online?

Ability to save full replays/ It's new for PC ONLY which is a shame

3 tracks to come/ I'II give you that  

New rain model/ Definitely an improvement. However it is nowhere near to the complex localised weather system of F1 2012 which made the racing fun and unpredictable.  

Graphics look better. The gameplay means more to me over graphics as their is more features to play around with. Graphics is king in the modern era over gameplay which is a shame oh well.

Classic cars removed depending if you like it or not makes no sense with classic drivers but ok. With have skins and microtransaction now 

Tracks still not updated with laser scanning

My opinion is the game is adequate ish as a filler in preparation of next gen F1 game in 2022 

Agree to disagree I suppose   

Miss 2012 weather so much.