Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt Rally 2.0 PS5 - Car flickering

Hello everyone!

Just installed Dirt Rally 2.0 on PS5 and tried it out but keep getting some strange flickering in the Cars in chase camera! Has anyone noticed this?

Used to play on base PS4 and never got anything like that.

Thank you

Edited by migoli911

I have the same problem. On chase camera and on replay only the car flickering. I tried every recommended setting I found online on PS5 settings but nothing works. Its very annoying and can't use any replay. It needs an update/fix asap.

5 hours ago, nmakrodimitris said:

I have the same problem. On chase camera and on replay only the car flickering. I tried every recommended setting I found online on PS5 settings but nothing works. Its very annoying and can't use any replay. It needs an update/fix asap.

Exactly like to me!

Very odd, I too am on ps5 play only in cockpit view and having no problems with driving and replay.

Note that my games on external hard drive and playing on on a benq monitor with vrr, although afaik vrr isn’t yet active on ps5.

Only thing I can think to check is hdmi lead as they can give odd hiccups like this.

1 hour ago, Frankiestail said:

Very odd, I too am on ps5 play only in cockpit view and having no problems with driving and replay.

Note that my games on external hard drive and playing on on a benq monitor with vrr, although afaik vrr isn’t yet active on ps5.

Only thing I can think to check is hdmi lead as they can give odd hiccups like this.

Cockpit view works fine, at least I can’t notice any issues.

What is troubling is the fact that it only happens in DR2.0, Ive tried plenty of other games from PS4 and all work fine. My only explanation is that is something related to the backwards compatibility. They said it could have some issues here and there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Social Media & Community Team

I don't think this will be changed as the final tasks for the game's last ever patch are already set 😞 

For what it's worth I notice some very occasional environment flicker on Xbox Series X as well, maybe once every two Stages. This (and your issue) is probably a quirk of running the game off the internal SSD and in Backwards Compatibility mode.

53 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I don't think this will be changed as the final tasks for the game's last ever patch are already set 😞 

For what it's worth I notice some very occasional environment flicker on Xbox Series X as well, maybe once every two Stages. This (and your issue) is probably a quirk of running the game off the internal SSD and in Backwards Compatibility mode.

Ok, thx for answer :)

• Like 1