F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broadcast Cameras & Onboard - Car Sound & Zoom - Please Codies read!

I know its not the biggest problem for Codemasters right now. But please read, i think that the game would be much more realistic on little points, if the following things will be fix.

1.) I'm talking about the Engine Sounds from the TV Cameras. One thing is, that the engines are especially in the corners a lot to quiete.
Especially when a McLaren-Honda is in view....seriously guys, have you ever heard the Honda Power Unit in the TV? In reality it's so loud that you can't hear any of the other cars. And it has a very rough sound in downshifting, which isn't there on any point in the game, when you show the McLaren in the TV Cameras on Replay.

2.) I talked with the last Community Manager from Codies about this following problem on twitter few weeks ago, ( @LiteralZero ) he also agreed with me: The Onboard sound from the second TV Camera (not the straight one, i mean the one wich is a little bit on the side) is much more quiete than the first one, and if you are on a straight, the wind is so loudly, that the engine wents very quiete. I hope that this will be fix with one of the next patches, because i like the second onboard cam much more, but can't play it because the sound is so shit on this one.

3.) Again something about the original onboard camera wich i mention on point 2.). Why the camera zoom in and out when you brake the car? I mean in the reality the onboard cameras don't move or do something, thay stay with the picture in one place. In the game you see more of the cars chassis when you are on a straight or go fast and when you brake the picture slam back to the original position. Same story if you look back to your rear on the original onboard TV camera.

Please @justbiglee , i know you are busy with other important stuff in the moment, my things are not so important, but they make the game much less real. I hope you fix this with one of your next patches.

Part of the problem is that the F1 teams are so secretive that they won't allow people to record the engines in as much detail as Codemasters would really like to accurately recreate their sound in-game. In the past, CM have only been allowed to record one engine, and have had to tweak those recordings for each manufacturer just to make them sound different at all... so the characteristic Honda sounds you mention, for example, are never really going to make it into the game as anything other than a rough approximation at best.

That's not to say Codemasters can't do better, but they don't really get a lot to work with.

Part of the problem is that the F1 teams are so secretive that they won't allow people to record the engines in as much detail as Codemasters would really like to accurately recreate their sound in-game. In the past, CM have only been allowed to record one engine, and have had to tweak those recordings for each manufacturer just to make them sound different at all... so the characteristic Honda sounds you mention, for example, are never really going to make it into the game as anything other than a rough approximation at best.

That's not to say Codemasters can't do better, but they don't really get a lot to work with.
I would agree with you, if the sound would completely not in the game. But the rough Honda sound is in the game, when you listen onboard in corners on downshifting. My problem is that the sound from the Broadcast cameras are simply to quiete.  If it would be loud as in F1 2014, we would hearing the Honda sound, because as i said, the sound is there, you are only not able to hear it, because the sound from broadcast Tv cameras can only be hear on the straights, when the cars "fly" away with 330 kph.

And what i forgot, this things with the onboard camera (point 2 &3) were absolutely fine from F1 2012 - 2014. Now its much different, and i hope it will be change.

Jaketa said:

I would agree with you, if the sound would completely not in the game. But the rough Honda sound is in the game, when you listen onboard in corners on downshifting. My problem is that the sound from the Broadcast cameras are simply to quiete.  If it would be loud as in F1 2014, we would hearing the Honda sound, because as i said, the sound is there, you are only not able to hear it, because the sound from broadcast Tv cameras can only be hear on the straights, when the cars "fly" away with 330 kph.

And what i forgot, this things with the onboard camera (point 2 &3) were absolutely fine from F1 2012 - 2014. Now its much different, and i hope it will be change.
Totally agree and already posted this issues, too.

Sounds, especially of the own engine, are much to quiet in cockpit views and replays.

No fun to drive in the pack of the field and therefore a gamebreaker for me...

As for 3)
Yes, it's fucking annoying. This wobbling T-Cam is a problem (a feature?) since F1 2010. It never was that bad as in 2015 though. I don't understand why it's so difficult to make it optional at least. In Pcars you can adjust the POV completely.

Jaketa said:
I know its not the biggest problem for Codemasters right now. But please read, i think that the game would be much more realistic on little points, if the following things will be fix.

1.) I'm talking about the Engine Sounds from the TV Cameras. One thing is, that the engines are especially in the corners a lot to quiete.
Especially when a McLaren-Honda is in view....seriously guys, have you ever heard the Honda Power Unit in the TV? In reality it's so loud that you can't hear any of the other cars. And it has a very rough sound in downshifting, which isn't there on any point in the game, when you show the McLaren in the TV Cameras on Replay.

2.) I talked with the last Community Manager from Codies about this following problem on twitter few weeks ago, ( @LiteralZero ) he also agreed with me: The Onboard sound from the second TV Camera (not the straight one, i mean the one wich is a little bit on the side) is much more quiete than the first one, and if you are on a straight, the wind is so loudly, that the engine wents very quiete. I hope that this will be fix with one of the next patches, because i like the second onboard cam much more, but can't play it because the sound is so shit on this one.

3.) Again something about the original onboard camera wich i mention on point 2.). Why the camera zoom in and out when you brake the car? I mean in the reality the onboard cameras don't move or do something, thay stay with the picture in one place. In the game you see more of the cars chassis when you are on a straight or go fast and when you brake the picture slam back to the original position. Same story if you look back to your rear on the original onboard TV camera.

Please @justbiglee , i know you are busy with other important stuff in the moment, my things are not so important, but they make the game much less real. I hope you fix this with one of your next patches.

Totally agree with the point "3".
The real T cam don't move like this when drivers brakes or throttle

PowerUp said:
Jaketa said:

Totally agree with the point "3".
The real T cam don't move like this when drivers brakes or throttle
And i think the second T cam is too much down compared to real T cam

Yes that thing with the Camera wich is too much down is also true.  The best onboard cameras so far were in F1 2013. They looked all very real,  especially McLaren or Mercedes. 

Another point is that the other cars are too loud when you play it.  In real you can't hear the sound from other cars onboard.  In the game they are so loud that you can't hear anymore your own engine.  Very annoying. 

I wish Codies would fix things like that,  but I don't think that they will do this. 

Hi @Jaketa, we are looking into the differences in audio between the TV pod and the TV pod offset camera. Thanks for the feedback. 

Jaketa said:
Yes that thing with the Camera wich is too much down is also true.  The best onboard cameras so far were in F1 2013. They looked all very real,  especially McLaren or Mercedes. 

Another point is that the other cars are too loud when you play it.  In real you can't hear the sound from other cars onboard.  In the game they are so loud that you can't hear anymore your own engine.  Very annoying. 

I wish Codies would fix things like that,  but I don't think that they will do this. 
Totally agree!
Other cars are too loud in T cam view.
It would be nice too if they give the possibility to set the second T-cam!

Hi @Jaketa, we are looking into the differences in audio between the TV pod and the TV pod offset camera. Thanks for the feedback. 

Why you don't want to give an anwser to safety car request? 

Thank you!

By the way, i play on Xbox.

Hope it will be fix on the next Patch.  I also miss the TV camera on the pit stop.