Sign in to follow this  

Gear Changing

I use a Thrustmaster TX Race Wheel, and thus the original setup is basically an automatic drive, or auto clutch manual gear shift.
Which for the latter is the case, now what i noticed specifically with the "mini cooper" there is a MASSIVE delay between shifting.
Most notable when you are tapping the handbrake/E brake to help shift the back end weight on hairpins (which on occasion is successful).
But when its not say you over shoot lock up or something and then need to back up/reverse and get going again, the delay between gears is a joke.
Are we going to see a change here, as at present things like this (while early access granted) have me looking at the game like ***Blank Stare*** ?

Also are we able to connect a joystick and use as a handbrake / E Brake i am seeing a lot of this around for drifting & rally racing topics ?

You're aware that the mini has an old and rather clunky H-shifter from the 60's? And that you _cannot_ handbrake and use the shifter at the same time, since shifting and handbraking is done with the same hand?

Dytut said:
You're aware that the mini has an old and rather clunky H-shifter from the 60's? And that you _cannot_ handbrake and use the shifter at the same time, since shifting and handbraking is done with the same hand?
I am aware yes, but considering i am using paddle shift (sequential shifting basically) should the gears not change as fast as i input them not when the mini wants to ?