Jump to content Jump to content

Penalties for getting hit..

And how is the game supposed to tell the difference? Maybe you're the one at fault, braking earlier than expected braking later than expected. Or maybe whoever does it is responding to something you can't see? While it isn't ideal, the best way to deal with it is to give both parties the penalty.

• Disagree 1

Nah, OP does have a point. Gran Turismo is able to do this to a pretty high level in terms of penalising cars at fault, not perfect but better than we have with F1.

Certainly at times there may be mitigating factors, but you generally know when someone has just rammed you over the chicane, apparently impervious to front wing damage and penalty free. 

I get annoyed at it too and rant and swear lmao, but we calm down and come back cos' the best racing on F1 is the best racing to be had. But that doesn't mean they couldn't have done and couldn't do more in the future to improve this system. 

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

And how is the game supposed to tell the difference? Maybe you're the one at fault, braking earlier than expected braking later than expected. Or maybe whoever does it is responding to something you can't see? While it isn't ideal, the best way to deal with it is to give both parties the penalty.

What have you been smoking? So another car hits me and your theory is to give both drivers penalties. Youre clearly like the idiots who implemented this in the game. 

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, xXEL1M1NATORXx said:

What have you been smoking? So another car hits me and your theory is to give both drivers penalties. Youre clearly like the idiots who implemented this in the game. 

Just give me a good explanation how a game is supposed to know who is at fault. Because I suspect that is far harder to program than you think it is. Probably much harder than it is worth.

19 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

Just give me a good explanation how a game is supposed to know who is at fault. Because I suspect that is far harder to program than you think it is. Probably much harder than it is worth.

Err when you're in the slipstream on a straight and they brake hard halfway down said straight?  When people dont brake for a turn and plough into you while you're braking or are on the apex? Pretty sure it wouldnt be that hard to fix..

19 hours ago, GnrDreagon said:

I don't care how difficult this is. I am a player, not the developer. I pay for the game and expect them to find solutions for problems we encounter. And right now the problems with penalties are big and the solutions poor.

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, Metatron667 said:

Err when you're in the slipstream on a straight and they brake hard halfway down said straight?  When people dont brake for a turn and plough into you while you're braking or are on the apex? Pretty sure it wouldnt be that hard to fix..

Fully agree, and the commenters attitude is basically well I don't play these game modes so it doesn't affect me, is such rubbish honestly. 

Again, they can go watch Super GT on youtube and see how Gran Turismo applies penalties and faults over incidents. It's never been presented as some herculean effort they achieved, just good programming. 

If I'm passing a car on a straight and it swings into me to force me into barriers, a games code should be able to recognise this massive change in movement and punish accordingly, and no, the occasional 2 second penalty for this doesn't cut it when it's completely ruined my race for having the gall to pass someone I'm faster than on a straight. 

• Agree 1