Jump to content Jump to content

Graphics issue Oculus Quest 2

I am having an issue with a gray transparent bar at the bottom of my screen while using my Oculus Quest 2. My Rift S works fine with the game. My QUest 2 works fine with every other game. See bottom post for information from Oculus.

20210306_114352.jpg

Edited by DaviSerr
Posted (edited)

I got the audio of  Oculus version of the game to work by launching it via Steam. Ridiculous to have to do that. I requested my money back because it doesn't work.. 

Back to my original problem though to anyone using the Quest 2. After 15 minutes(average) of playing I get a grayish bar across the bottom third of my screen. You can see through it like a filter which makes everything lighter(grayish). If I exit out of the game it stays on virtual dash. I then went into IRacing and it disappeared. I can also disconnect the Link cable and it will go away when I plug it back in but eventually comes back. On IRacing I can play for hours and it never happens. 

See picture in previous post. I tried to snap a Pic with my phone up against the lense. Picture is sideways. Right side is bottom. 

Edited by DaviSerr
  • 2 weeks later...

PJ, do you know anything about this?

Petros (Oculus Support)

Mar 16, 2021, 5:10 PDT

Hello,

welcome to Oculus. My name is Petros. 

I understand that you see a grayish transparent bar on the bottom 1/3 of the screen while playing DiRT Rally 2.0. As it appears only in this specific game, I am quite sure, that it is a bug.

In our forums the are a lot of users with the same issue. It seems that it is related to the game it self and not to the Oculus hardware or the PC setting. 

Therefore I would kindly ask you to contact the developer of the game to ask for a solution. 
https://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

Probably the issue will be gone after the next update.

At Facebook Reality Labs, we're always looking for new ways to improve our services. To make sure we're providing the best customer service possible, a survey will be sent to you shortly. This survey will take you no more than 5 minutes to complete.

If you have any further questions or difficulties, just contact us again. I am here to help you!

Virtual greetings,

Petros
Oculus Support | Facebook Reality Labs

• Social Media & Community Team

Hmm.

Is there any way to take a screenshot of what you see natively instead of peering through the headset? 

I'm not sure PJ. If I peek under my headset at the monitor it's not there. Only on the Quest headset. HamVR on YouTube is having the same issue with his Quest 2 while playing DR 2.0. The best I can describe it is as a transparent bar across the bottom third of the picture that shows up in the middle of a stage and progressively gets les transparent the longer you ignore it. If I shutdown the game and restart it, it goes away temporarily. It doesn't happen in IRacing, Assetto Corsa, or Automobilista which are the only other games I play. It's gotten so bad I am back to playing this game on my Rift S and everything else on the Quest 2.

Thank you for any help with this. 

• PJTierney changed the title to Graphics issue Oculus Quest 2
  • Social Media & Community Team

I've passed this thread on internally to one of our guys.

If we find a fix or workaround I'll let you know 🙂

• 5 months later...