Jump to content Jump to content

PlayStation 4 Patch 12/08/15

justbiglee

I don't see any mention yet about a deadzone being added for controllers (pads) :'(

It may have been fixed on wheels, but it's definitely there on pads now...

Ow, it may not be clear from what I typed, but obviously I don't like it hehe...

I have the US version so I only got the 2nd patch yesterday which includes the first patch fixes also and after it the handling is different specially the Pad sensitivity is way different ! previous to the patch the pad was sensitive and almost had no dead zones but now the steering and the gas and brake have dead zone or like less sensitive which is annoying ! i wish they had added sensitivity option for the pad !

rsdlewis said:
Love how the AI keep you on your toes during the race, but, and there is a BIG but for me. Why, why, why do the AI drive like complete muppets at some circuits, ie, Monaco? Trying to go through gaps that don't exist and by doing so they force you off the track and we get the warning or penalty. Where's the drive through pens and stop and go pens? Where's the safety car? Also, are the AI's cars made out of indestructible materials? AI's slam into me and damage me, yet their cars stay intact. Also, the 2014 Sauber steering wheel looks well out of  proportion. Don't need the engineer to tell me to stay away from the white line every time I leave the pits neither, not a complete idiot.
Mercedes steering wheel looks well out of proportion too.

Well, while the patch has fixed multiplayer; seemingly it has destroyed the playability on controllers.

The deadzone in the middle of the stick is horrific, yet seemingly the rest of the steering is the same as before. So what possible reason is there for adding this deadzone...??

Is it speed sensitivity related, or have you (Codies) just slapped a deadzone in for controls? Or is this an example of one patch generating further issues itself and will this controller issue eventually be patched just like the similar wheel deadzone issue just has been.

I'd like to know because until the next patch, this is staying in its case on my shelf. It's ruined what was an almost perfect controller driving experience (physics wise).

kev123456 said:
Wish everyone would stop moaning that the game is difficult! Thats the frickin idea!!!!!! F1 is difficult! If your struggling change the difficulty level!!!
Not if it's inconsistent. Which has been more or less a problem since F1 2010. Just compare your pace to the AI in Spain and then in Canada. In other titles the AI is pretty much unbeatable in the wet, whereas in the dry you easily pull away from them. Stuff like that.

Though I can't say much about the current title since I no longer own it.

Well, while the patch has fixed multiplayer; seemingly it has destroyed the playability on controllers.

The deadzone in the middle of the stick is horrific, yet seemingly the rest of the steering is the same as before. So what possible reason is there for adding this deadzone...??

Is it speed sensitivity related, or have you (Codies) just slapped a deadzone in for controls? Or is this an example of one patch generating further issues itself and will this controller issue eventually be patched just like the similar wheel deadzone issue just has been.

I'd like to know because until the next patch, this is staying in its case on my shelf. It's ruined what was an almost perfect controller driving experience (physics wise).

Online is still lagging and desyncing.

Guy in our league yesterday won the race with a pad over everyone else with a wheel! these guys with wheels in our league are no mugs either. Cant be that broke!

automa said:

Hi all,

We just set live a new patch for F1 2015 on the PlayStation 4 and you should start to see it download in the next few hours.
  • Fixed deadzone being incorrectly applied to steering wheels
  • Fixed steering wheel settings not saving correctly
  • Fixed incorrect detection of certain controllers and steering wheels
  • Fixed assists being active in Pro Season  mode
  • Fixed inverted force feedback on the T100 steering wheels
  • Fixed OSD swipe being mapped to the DRS button on T500s
  • Fixed race weekend settings not being editable during Championship Season mode
  • Fixed AI cars having punctured tyres in P2 and P3 sessions in Pro Season mode
  • Fixed occasional camera flickering when entering spectate mode
  • Fixed Time Trial rivals not updating correctly when out on track
  • Fixed car resetting to track when using flashback in the pit lane
  • Updated the hopper system to use an alternative search method where players will join an active session. Joining sessions should now be much quicker. If no free sessions are available in that hopper then the user will create a new session
  • Added a new “invite only” custom match option
  • Fixed some multiplayer races being “won” as soon as they start
  • Fixed spectators crashing at the end of online practice sessions
  • Fixed several instances of players failing to start a session after other players have left the game
  • Fixed players not joining hopper lobbies correctly from some game modes
  • Fixed race start timer increasing whenever a player joins a hopper lobby
  • Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
  • Fixed saved lobby settings not loading in correctly
  • Fixed car body not loading in correctly in some multiplayer race
  • Fixed vote to skip track being used multiple times
  • Various other bug fixes and improvements across all game modes

Note: for non-European regions this patch also includes all fixes from the v1.02 patch that was released in Europe last month.

Please let us know below how you feel about the patch and the changes we've made below.

We'll have more info on patches for the other platforms soon.

Biglee, has the game freeze prob been fixed, this is a nightmare bug mate needs asap treatment.

No. Grrr

Since this patch I have problems with my engine overheating. I didn't drive on rich at all and it still my engine went red in the race in Singapore, now in practice Suzuka the same thing. This makes you 3-4 secs slower. I dont know what happened.
Does anyone have the same issue or is it just me?

Edit. I found why I was slow. My PS4 control pad feels fine but theres something wrong with the R2 button. I tried out a new PS4 control pad and I'm lapping 3.6 seconds faster per lap. If you are like me and been moaning about how the AI or online people seem to be so much quicker than you, it may be because your older control pad has seen better days. You wouldn't know its broken, my controller works fine on all other games but here it seems its been costing me the best part of 4 seconds per lap!

Since this patch I have problems with my engine overheating. I didn't drive on rich at all and it still my engine went red in the race in Singapore, now in practice Suzuka the same thing. This makes you 3-4 secs slower. I dont know what happened.
Does anyone have the same issue or is it just me?
All have it. Me also.. Undrivable with pad!!! 

Archived