Jump to content Jump to content

ALT-TAB INCREASE FPS - T300 FEELS NOTCHY IN ONLINE LOBBIES

Hello Guys and Girls,

I am having two issues with F1 2020.

The first one is about my FPS. When I first open the game, the FPS stucks at around 90 until i make alt-tab and return to the game; Then it pops up to 150-160 FPS. It is weird.

The second thing is with my wheel FFB.
I use T300 RS GT and it was very smooth in the beginning but now specially in online lobbies(league races) it feels very notchy and it is not smooth at all. I feel some kicks from wheel and it disturbs me.   On the other hand, it is better on Time Trials.
I dont know if this is game related problem or wheel but I guess its because of the game. 

Can anyone help me on this issues? What should I do?

P.S. I play in FULLSCREEN Mode. 

My specs;
i3 10100F
16 gb ram
GTX 1060 6 GB

I’m new on pc with f12020 coming from ps4 and have exactly the same feeling with my csl elite base, very noticeable difference in the ffb feeling in time trial versus online lobbies. The wheel feels much better and smoother in time trial.

@magnyss and @Tomekjunior please post the bug reports in the format required with the information requested.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

I have given up on Fullscreen mode and use Fullscreen (Windowed) as it does not have the same framelocking tendencies. Overall framerate may be lower than with Fullscreen exclusive.

But hey, overlays.

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

FFB feels different in time trial and online racing. It is more notchy in online whereas it is much smoother in time trial. Besides; My FPS (not always but %80 of the time) stucks at 90 until I make alt-tab. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Always latest. 

3.       Game-mode? 

League Racing Lobies

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

It is constant.

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

Not always, sometimes it feels okay but sometimes it is very bad. 

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

I am using Thrustmaster T300 RS GT

My PC Specs;

i3 10100F Intel

16 gb 3000 mhz corsair ram

Asus GTX 1060 6 gb GPU

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

I can't share anything since it is the feeling while racing. 

Well, I believe FFB feeling is changing because of the game trouble. Sometimes even my FPS is 150; the game is not super smooth... I tried DX11 as well but DX12 is way better.

Awaiting your help.

Regards

• Thanks 1

I would recommend you make use of the in-game frame limiter, attaching a dxdiag would be helpful to see the detected monitor and the hardware_settings_config.xml

It is then about setting an FPS rate that the PC can maintain that suits the display and the correct preset to hit that desired FPS.

e.g. I have a 5700XT is it capped at 120FPS, I run High preset at 2560x1440 (WQHD) I play in cockpit mode and Windowed (Fullscreen).

Hello

I found my problem; I opened VSYNC on in the game, FPS capped at 60, and it is so smooth now. Force feedback is so smooth. 

However, my question is that; my monitor is 60 HZ; same as with my friend; he doesn't have such a problem, why I have it? 

He doesn't use VSYNC and his monitor also 60 HZ, my SPECs are better.  

Everybody says VSYNC makes input lag but I did not notice it to be honest. But, without VSYNC I get 150-160 FPS, so should I keep playing with 60 FPS with VSYNC ON? Is there a way to play without VSYNC and get maximum FPS where my GPU can provide? 

On 3/15/2021 at 6:56 AM, magnyss said:

Hello

I found my problem; I opened VSYNC on in the game, FPS capped at 60, and it is so smooth now. Force feedback is so smooth. 

However, my question is that; my monitor is 60 HZ; same as with my friend; he doesn't have such a problem, why I have it? 

He doesn't use VSYNC and his monitor also 60 HZ, my SPECs are better.  

Everybody says VSYNC makes input lag but I did not notice it to be honest. But, without VSYNC I get 150-160 FPS, so should I keep playing with 60 FPS with VSYNC ON? Is there a way to play without VSYNC and get maximum FPS where my GPU can provide? 

You have to understand that sending a signal outside that of the working range of the monitor will cause sync issues.

Your specs are better and you're sending frames at 2.5x the optimal rate. His isn't sending as many frames. Enabling VSYNC stops the oversend.

The issue here is the low end spec stated to run the game, VSYNC is off by default to improve framerate on slower PCs. We are seeing loads of issues with people playing with super high spec PCs and whilst highframerates are great on capable screens (as high as 240Hz) or with adaptive sync (Freesync/G-SYNC) they're an issue with screens with lower refresh.

V-SYNC could be the answer for some. but it's disliked because of the user perception that higher framerates give better gameplay. Also there seems to be some issue with GPU P-states if the GPU isn't loaded highly enough that cause stutter.

So it's about finding a framerate that suits your display whilst maintaining a graphical fidelity and gameplay experience that the individual finds acceptable.