Sign in to follow this  

Driver assists should be faster.

yeah exactly haha, maybe for the next game (if we ever hear an announcement haha :P) will have some of this added!

Driving with assists is not faster, and never should be. Technically it isn't faster, and it isn't faster in real life racing.
In real life racing, there are almost none who uses ABS. Wonder why?
No assists are for pros, and pros are fast. Turn them off.
Complete BS. Any Car using TC-especially a F1 car, would be a LOT quicker around and out of corners. ABS helps to conserve tires and control only, but TC on should make you faster-PERIOD. Just bad programming-there is a penalty for using TC in F1 2013 as it is not optimised at all. Meh....I am done with this crap of CM anyways. I rather play a heavily modded GP4 any day to SIMULATE F1 tbh. Mainly because of AI and the race feel. If I just could watch other cars go around the track in realtime in ANY CM title I would be happy. But it is all facade and not real simulation in any case 'because we need to make it work on lousy little consoles, that don't have computing power'. Back in Zenith-Gaming days devs would produce games on the best platform for the best game and port it down to lower end systems and consoles with reduced quality. Those days are gone and it's wrong!!!! 

TC, ABS and even automatic gearbox should be faster then no assists. TC optimizes the acceleration by giving the maximum acceleration possible without having wheelspin. A driver, no matter how good, can never be as efficient. The same goes with ABS. The ABS system gives maximum braking force possible without locking the brakes. Again, a great driver can probably do this almost as efficiently, but will never be as accurate as the programming of the ABS.

In speed this should not be more then 2 tenths a lap difference for a great driver. The main advantage of TC and ABS is consistancy. The driver can press the pedal fully without worrying about locking brakes or spinning his tyres.

In the game I am a firm believer in a penalty system for those using assists when racing online. But only to negate the advantage the assists give. Anyone playing a game is using an input controller, regardless if that's a wheel, a joypad or even a keyboard. None of those should have an advantage over the other, so that everyone can enjoy the game equally, and use the controller they feel most comfortable with (either through budget or whatever other reason they have).

Anyone who feels that they are entitled to be faster then those using assists because they put in the time to master a wheel, should start of join a league with only no-assist players. For me everyone should be equal regardless of their choice of input controller. I know a few guys on a joypad and even a guy on a keyboard (who has been racing on that for years, and is passionate about doing it that way), which should be fine with the proper assists, all I care about is having the same opportunity to win for everyone I play with.

For the record, I play with a wheel and no assists.

@Quattro7; Imho all cars in real life would be faster with assists. So yes, the FW14 should be faster with the assists turned on. Though the difference would mainly be in consistency, actuall laptimes would only be a few tenths.