Jump to content Jump to content

Dedicated servers

So I run a league on Xbox with 2 others and a couple of our drivers suffer with really bad connection on race day however in practice sessions before the race they are absolutely fine. My call for dedicated servers comes from joining an acc league which uses dedicated servers and there are people all over the world racing in this league and there were no connection problems at all. I think this will be a great addition to the f1 games going forwar. Would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this 👍👍

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

What do you know of the current F1 2020 server setup and how does it differ from what you're asking for?

In acc you pay for a server to run for you where as in f1 you make a lobby and it’s run on the hosts connection plus the game has some issues of lag in general so having a specific server for you only would be perfect 

• Like 1
On 3/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, zampa said:

I also run a league and would be more than happy to pay for a server if it meant no more glitches and good pings.

Hi there mate it’s ROM BFord, and yeah would be more than happy to pay if all the issues went. It also opens up opportunities for more quality of life options for leagues 👍

• Agree 1

Yes. 100% agree. I have no problem with connection issues and have better connection than quite a few of our drivers in the league. Yet I am shown as ghosted and get blown off track. I'm shown as laps down all of a sudden at the end of races. It has ruined the game for me. I posted a thread here months ago along with clips of the issues and never got a reply. The game is broken. Dedicated servers that we pay a fee for would help that massively. You would also make more money from that than any podium pass. Please give us dedicated servers.

• Agree 2

I'll be honest I don't really understand the technical difference of what is being asked for compared to what happens already but out of interest how much does ACC charge for the improved performance?

13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'll be honest I don't really understand the technical difference of what is being asked for compared to what happens already but out of interest how much does ACC charge for the improved performance?

I think roughly about £10 a month but don’t 100% know right know I’ll get back to you properly when I know exactly 

• Like 1

rack service offer Assetto corsa servers for between 4.50 euro to 6.50 euro & ACC for 4.50 euro to 10 euro, these prices are for a month as well 

with online game modes we currently have Ranked, Unranked, Leagues & the Weekly Challenge events i would expect players to only have to pay towards Unranked races or League servers (although Leagues as they are would become somewhat redundant), Ranked or the weekly events would be provided by Codies similar to ACC has competition (official) servers  

Codemasters need to really consider dedicated servers especially when you consider the issues the current Multiplayer match making has. we have the following problems because of Peer to peer connections;

• potentially bad ping depending on lobby host location
  • most lobbies will suffer from de sync which causes havoc for league races/competitive esports where we don't know where some drivers actually finish races
  • players are able to cheat by changing car stats on their own PC to give themselves extra downforce/grip  or more engine power etc all this by changing a file 
  • lobbies frequently break or get bugged requiring restarts or get stuck on loading screens where players have to force close the game so the lobby can continue for the other players

there are other issues but these are game bugs and not directly related to lobby connection types, the above points would be greatly improved or solved with a dedicated server.

In the past Codemasters have said that this isn't possible due to cost and wanting to allow the multiplayer to work after the games life cycle, however now they have access to greater Resources due to their recent purchase by EA i believe now is the time to give what 95% of the F1 Game Community have been asking for the past past 5+ years and that is a more stable and a more bug free Online Racing Experience.

Just look at the F1 eSports series, past years it was a Local LAN lobby where all the drivers are in the same building and i never recalled any issues with connections, last year due to covid all the drivers for F1 Esports & also the invitational GP's were connected remotely connecting to a race host like many of us do day in day out on a P2P connection and lo and behold many many drivers were getting disconnected along with other issues. dedicated servers would of allowed for a lot smoother experience instead of making the Game look bad in front of millions of people.   

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, cearp8858 said:

rack service offer Assetto corsa servers for between 4.50 euro to 6.50 euro & ACC for 4.50 euro to 10 euro, these prices are for a month as well 

with online game modes we currently have Ranked, Unranked, Leagues & the Weekly Challenge events i would expect players to only have to pay towards Unranked races or League servers (although Leagues as they are would become somewhat redundant), Ranked or the weekly events would be provided by Codies similar to ACC has competition (official) servers  

Codemasters need to really consider dedicated servers especially when you consider the issues the current Multiplayer match making has. we have the following problems because of Peer to peer connections;

• potentially bad ping depending on lobby host location
  • most lobbies will suffer from de sync which causes havoc for league races/competitive esports where we don't know where some drivers actually finish races
  • players are able to cheat by changing car stats on their own PC to give themselves extra downforce/grip  or more engine power etc all this by changing a file 
  • lobbies frequently break or get bugged requiring restarts or get stuck on loading screens where players have to force close the game so the lobby can continue for the other players

there are other issues but these are game bugs and not directly related to lobby connection types, the above points would be greatly improved or solved with a dedicated server.

In the past Codemasters have said that this isn't possible due to cost and wanting to allow the multiplayer to work after the games life cycle, however now they have access to greater Resources due to their recent purchase by EA i believe now is the time to give what 95% of the F1 Game Community have been asking for the past past 5+ years and that is a more stable and a more bug free Online Racing Experience.

Just look at the F1 eSports series, past years it was a Local LAN lobby where all the drivers are in the same building and i never recalled any issues with connections, last year due to covid all the drivers for F1 Esports & also the invitational GP's were connected remotely connecting to a race host like many of us do day in day out on a P2P connection and lo and behold many many drivers were getting disconnected along with other issues. dedicated servers would of allowed for a lot smoother experience instead of making the Game look bad in front of millions of people.   

Respect the research put into this mate and all the points made are totally true codemasters really need to consider this is you said 👍👍

4 hours ago, zampa said:

It was truly cringe when the official esports races were glitching, a complete disaster.

Dedicated servers are the way forward.

Please make this thread heard at Codemasters @BarryBL 👑

Agreed come on everyone get this going get it heard