Jump to content Jump to content

PS4/PS5 Cross Play

Apologies if this has already been brought up elsewhere! Will F1 2021 be cross play between PS4 and PS5? I have PS5 but most of the lads I play online with are on PS4. At the mo its the same game so no issue but if there's a PS5 stand alone game will it and if not can it be compatible to play online with PS4 users? 

Thanks

On 3/17/2021 at 9:17 AM, delange93 said:

I think it will be... All games at the moment are crossplay. Would be weird if f1 2021 wouldnt have it.

I'm pretty sure none of the F1 games to date have been crossplay? 

On 3/17/2021 at 2:56 PM, Ultra3142 said:

Why do you need to know now?

I doubt you'll get a definitive answer until after a new game has at least been announced.

Just interested to know and highlight it now as I think it's a gap if it's not going to happen. For example FIFA is limited to the console it's played on which has dramatically reduced the amount of players online. It'd be a shame if I can no longer play online with the guys I enjoy racing with.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kenuf said:

I'm pretty sure none of the F1 games to date have been crossplay? 

The context was cross-play between different consoles from the same manufacturer, where 'cross-play' is currently possible.

17 minutes ago, kenuf said:

Just interested to know and highlight it now as I think it's a gap if it's not going to happen. For example FIFA is limited to the console it's played on which has dramatically reduced the amount of players online. It'd be a shame if I can no longer play online with the guys I enjoy racing with.

I understand where you're coming from. The counter-argument would be if trying to do this held back performance on the new consoles. My guess is any F1 2021 won't be particularly optimised specifically for next (current?) gen consoles and so cross-play will continue as it is currently working.

1 hour ago, senna71 said:

Can you use the Dual Sense Controller to steer ( GTSport has this where you use tilt steering on the controller)

Are you asking about in F1 2020 or (assuming it's released) F1 2021?