Jump to content Jump to content

Team, please listen!

Brofski

I know this has been covered before but it needs mentioning again.  PLEASE for the love of all that is good and holy, FIX THE WEATHER ISSUES ALREADY!  Look, I love your game and it's very well done.  As a professional developer myself I can't imagine fixing this to be a huge ask.  It rains EVERY WEEKEND at some point, during practice, qualifying, or the race itself.  Even when they say it won't rain the rain comes at some point during any given session.  In the season I'm in the middle of summer and no matter where the race is it RAINS.  RAINS RAINS RAINS.

Thank you for listening.  This small tweak will make a BIG difference.

26 minutes ago, MicMiller said:

@steviejay69  so far i have had 63 rainy weekends in 4 seasons. i posted this error many weeks ago and asked for a remedy. it's NOT fun, it just sucks !!!

@Brofski @Ultra3142 Post a dxdiag including motherboard make and model. The weather is probably using the (pseudo)random number generator.

How a months-old AMD microcode bug destroyed my weekend [UPDATED] | Ars Technica

11 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@Brofski @Ultra3142 Post a dxdiag including motherboard make and model. The weather is probably using the (pseudo)random number generator.

How a months-old AMD microcode bug destroyed my weekend [UPDATED] | Ars Technica

I have a ryzen 3600 bought ~1-2 weeks after premiere and I started playing F1 2020 shortly after it was released(about 1 weeks or so). I'm playing only singleplayer, both career modes and i haven't a issue with so much rain in sessions. It is realistic for me, so are You sure it's not a problem with some game related bug?

Honestly, I don't expect much from You, because last time I checked(if it is fixed now be sure to inform me) You still didn't fixed AI drivers pitting in F2 sprint races, because they are using tire meant for sprint races in practice session. And you can't say it's hard to fix this...

10 minutes ago, MaselkoZet said:

I have a ryzen 3600 bought ~1-2 weeks after premiere and I started playing F1 2020 shortly after it was released(about 1 weeks or so). I'm playing only singleplayer, both career modes and i haven't a issue with so much rain in sessions. It is realistic for me, so are You sure it's not a problem with some game related bug?

Honestly, I don't expect much from You, because last time I checked(if it is fixed now be sure to inform me) You still didn't fixed AI drivers pitting in F2 sprint races, because they are using tire meant for sprint races in practice session. And you can't say it's hard to fix this...

It's not my remit to do any programming, I am not a developer. I do this to assist in clarifying bugs from noise. If the bug can be replicated, then the dev team can try to fix it.

No, I am not sure it is not a game bug but no one is giving ways to replicate (nor posting evidence of their own). I can't replicate as I have a 2700.

Congratulations on your 3600 system. The bug is old, but people do not always apply motherboard updates either through a lack of confidence, lack of understanding or "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" (but I would rather trust the corrections to code released publicly than internet opinion on what is 'broke') so it may be you have applied updates or your board shipped with fixes in place.

It is my job seemingly to expect little from you, including a base courtesy. Have a nice day and thanks for almost "proving" my point.

2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I play on PS5 as per my signature :classic_smile:. I also don't have a problem personally that I wish to report:I suspect you meant to tag @MicMiller rather than me :classic_smile:.

I quickly included others commenting in the thread, yes it's clear from your signature you are on PS5 🙂 Again, anecdotally this gives more credence to the suggestion that errors are occurring in hardware rather than in game code with this particular issue.

Archived