Jump to content Jump to content

Peugeot 205 T16 - Tarmac

P308R

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can help with out with this one. I use the 205 with a stock setup on dirt and it is fine. However, as soon as I go to Baumholder and other tarmac stages, the back-end becomes really light in mid to high speed corners which cause the car to simply spin out at high speed. Any advice what setting I need to change to reduce the oversteer on high speed corners?

Regards,

P308R

mostly its all about throttle control and keeping the turbo spooling. the back end is very light. gearing can help also stiffening the car up. try with the diff what works for you. loose or ultra stiff. tarmac does oddities. so some things you cant get right. so you just have to drive a certain way.

the funny thing is for most things you dont need to be a set up wizz. just go full right on everything and drop it to the deck.

also one mans set up isnt the same for all. ideally...practice with default set up. until you know the car. then when you cant progress any faster start tweaking it.

i generally do this. then i will start with the gear ratios. trying short. then long. see what is the quickest. then just fine tuning them. as at the start until i cant go faster. then i will go to the rest and slowly go through the lot until you cant get any faster. as said previously the key to the 205 is accelerator control and keeping it spooling. short gearing often makes it easier to drive.

Will give it a try tomorrow!

Édit...

Can't say Il feel a huge amount of différence with the tuning settings. Tarmac just seems off like it did in the original Dirt. I'll adapt my driving a bit and see if I can only make the rear a bit more heavy. Pretty bonkers car as well 😄

Archived