Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech H-Pattern Shifters not working after Version 1.17 update

Go to solution Solved by Karaterunner,

I have turned on my PS4 after a month and installed lastest update for Dirt Rally 2.0. Started the game and realize it is not shifting. Went to the input menu and it was registering the gears correctly. But stil did not shift in the game. Any clues how to fix this or is it a bug?

It is set correctly as "Manual H-Pattern with Clutch. The "input reporting" is registering the shifter and every gear correctly (see attached image). It does not work while driving. It stays in 1st gear no matter what possition the shifter is in.

IMG_1668.HEIC

I use PS4/G29 wheel, and I still have this same experience since the latest update. I think the update broke the H-shifter function, etc. I have the game CD, so I ran the game without online update, and it works without any issue although I cannot play my saved online data. My wheel and H shifter work with other driving sim games so the root cause must be this update. I think I read that Dev team is looking into this issue in the previous message... I hope Codemasters can fix this as a minor update, or provide us a choice to revert the update, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

did you figure it out? ive also have been having this bug on the ps4 disc version, i can play asetto corsa and gt sport with the h shifter but still can’t on dirt rally 2.0 ive messed with all the settings and still can’t get it to work

• Agree 1

I had same issue when I logged in on my PS4 Pro a few weeks ago. G29 H-shifter wouldn't shift gears in Dirt 2.0. It works fine in all other games including Dirt 5 and GT Sport. 

My PS5 was delivered a few days ago and after transferring games and saved data across from the PS4 Pro, I booted up Dirt 2.0 to check that the game save was ok and I couldn't resist having a quick bash. To my dismay, the same problem exists on PS5. H shifter doesn't work. I've tried changing the input settings to Manual Sequential, H-shifter with clutch, H-shifter without clutch and whatever all the options are. I can shift gears with the paddles, but the H shifter is just completely dead.  As Michakluk reports above, the "Input Reporting" menu shows the gears as I change them on the H shifter but when driving its as though it is not recognised at all by the playstation. 

Dirt 2.0 is completely unplayable now for me. Please, Codemasters. Fix this. 

@PJTierney

• Social Media & Community Team

Thanks for the tag. 🙂 

I've passed this on, but just as a heads up we are aware of issues surrounding Logitech wheels after the release of 1.17.

Some work is underway to resolve Logitech issues and hopefully the fixes for those include stuff for H-Pattern, but I don't have full confirmation as of now on that or a release date.

• Social Media & Community Team

Hey everyone, just heard back from the team.

So it looks like this H-Pattern issue was a side-effect of the other Logitech issues we had during 1.17.

With that in mind, once we resolve those issues and release an update, this issue should be fixed too at the same time.

I don't have a date for that but when I do I'll update the Patch Notes thread 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • PJTierney changed the title to [With Developers] Logitech H-Pattern Shifters not working after Version 1.17 update
  • PJTierney featured this topic
  • PJTierney changed the title to Logitech H-Pattern Shifters not working after Version 1.17 update
  • PJTierney unfeatured this topic
On 3/31/2021 at 4:06 PM, PJTierney said:

Hey everyone, just heard back from the team.

So it looks like this H-Pattern issue was a side-effect of the other Logitech issues we had during 1.17.

With that in mind, once we resolve those issues and release an update, this issue should be fixed too at the same time.

I don't have a date for that but when I do I'll update the Patch Notes thread 🙂 

Highly highly disappointed to load up today's update and see that the Logitech H shifter issue hasn't been fixed. 

Still broken, just like before.

Seriously. What. The. Actual?! 

Edited by CustomXBrad
  • Agree 1

Hello, I’m trying to figure out if all the known G29 FFB issues on the PS4  have been resolved? I’m in the process of a warranty claim with Logitech. I had no idea FFB was being affected by updates. I’m yet to to find 2 G29 wheels that feel the same. In total I have purchased 1 G29 from Best Buy in Canada. After about 4 months of light use with extremely light settings, compared to what most forum posts or YouTube videos I researched recommended.  The wheel started making a clicking or grinding noise on power up calibration rotations. I m now on my 4th or 5th replacement from Logitech. None of the wheels FFB feel as strong  as the first wheel. I’d even go as far to say that not 1 of these wheels feels the same in terms of FFB. 

Something to note. All of these G29 paddle shifters felt the same. Except for the last wheel Logitech just sent me. The paddles feel light to pull and completely different.

I’m wondering if my latest issues weren’t just dirt rally 2.0 update issues.  I have switched G29 since the last update but issues I was experiencing on 2 G29 wheels before and after the latest update 

game only registers G29 as steering wheel. It use to say Logitech and steering wheel

the  rev lights not matching up or working.

Game randomly crashes for whatever reason

FFB is either great or non existent or it sounds like a dryer full of bricks.  @PJTierney

im sorry I wouldn’t know how to post this in the proper section. 

can anyone verify if the ffb is still not fixed on PS4. Or tell me how I can post this in the proper section? 

Edited by FrankDubs

I just downloaded the latest update and restarted the game. Unfortunately, H shifter gear stays in the first gear, and I was not able to shift up or move it to neutral gear after the car started.. I have not tried to remove the game from my PS4 and re-install DR2 (I have CD version) to see if the update/fixes will kick in, or clear some sort of cache, etc. Anyway, so far, I could not validate the G29 H-shifter fix with this upgrade on my PS4.

• 3 weeks later...

Any more updates on this? I can used the wheel and the shifter fine once I bind the gears to the shifter positions manually, but the force feedback just isn't there. The wheel feels heavy, but that's it. G29 works great in all other racing games I play, including Dirt Rally (1.0). And, yes, the wheels is still listed as a generic wheel, and there is no G29 preset to load. Thanks!

Edited by 64footdan
punctuation
3 hours ago, 64footdan said:

Any more updates on this? I can used the wheel and the shifter fine once I bind the gears to the shifter positions manually, but the force feedback just isn't there. The wheel feels heavy, but that's it. G29 works great in all other racing games I play, including Dirt Rally (1.0). And, yes, the wheels is still listed as a generic wheel, and there is no G29 preset to load. Thanks!

In the games force feedback settings, set "wheel friction" to 0%. This force feedback option makes the wheel feel as you describe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 4/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, Karate_Runner said:

I just downloaded the latest update and restarted the game. Unfortunately, H shifter gear stays in the first gear, and I was not able to shift up or move it to neutral gear after the car started.. I have not tried to remove the game from my PS4 and re-install DR2 (I have CD version) to see if the update/fixes will kick in, or clear some sort of cache, etc. Anyway, so far, I could not validate the G29 H-shifter fix with this upgrade on my PS4.

Just FIY, I was able to match gears to the H pattern shifter in the DR2.0 controller setting, and I was able to play DR2.0 with H pattern shifter. Before this H-pattern shifter fix, I was spending time with DR1.0. Now I'm pretty happy that I can enjoy and compare DR2.0 and DR1.0. Thanks again for the fix!

• 3 months later...

im still having this problem I'm not sure what's happening it recognises the shifter and inputs but when i go back to the game it says im in first and i cant change to any other gear, any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, Bazzasr said:

im still having this problem I'm not sure what's happening it recognises the shifter and inputs but when i go back to the game it says im in first and i cant change to any other gear, any solutions?

You can solve it on your own by going to controller settings, selecting your wheel and binding gear 1, gear 2... manually. It worked for me :)

On 8/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, Bazzasr said:

You can solve it on your own by going to controller settings, selecting your wheel and binding gear 1, gear 2... manually. It worked for me 🙂

• 1 month later...