Jump to content Jump to content

Weird T150 Paddle shift issue advice please

Before I post a bug report just wanna sound you guys out in the community to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I play F1 2020 PS4 version on PS5, it's been completely fine since I've bought the PS5 on launch.

Last night my Thrustmaster T150 decided it no longer wanted to shift up, went back to the settings screen to check the binding and bizarrely it recognises when I set the right shifter for gear up. It also works fine on game menus when tabbing across, but when I go to race it doesn't want to know. The issue then spread to my down shift?! So I deleted the saved wheel settings and created a new one in which it recognises the binds straight away for both up and down shift. It then worked perfectly in Time Trial for a couple laps so I went back to my online party and it stopped working again!! 

The shifters both click when they should, both feel the pressure is right so I'm at a loss to explain!! 

Thanks all!

Edited by kenuf
4 hours ago, kenuf said:

Before I post a bug report just wanna sound you guys out in the community to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I play F1 2020 PS4 version on PS5, it's been completely fine since I've bought the PS5 on launch.

Last night my Thrustmaster T150 decided it no longer wanted to shift up, went back to the settings screen to check the binding and bizarrely it recognises when I set the right shifter for gear up. It also works fine on game menus when tabbing across, but when I go to race it doesn't want to know. The issue then spread to my down shift?! So I deleted the saved wheel settings and created a new one in which it recognises the binds straight away for both up and down shift. It then worked perfectly in Time Trial for a couple laps so I went back to my online party and it stopped working again!! 

The shifters both click when they should, both feel the pressure is right so I'm at a loss to explain!! 

Thanks all!

If you have a TH8a shifter in the mix then make sure it is in neutral or you will have all manner of shifting problems , if not then your tactile switch on the up shift may be worn out and causing problems , you can buy new ones in bags of 10 units for a few quid off EBay but you need to know how to de solder and solder and have all the necessary tools to do the job, If not then it may cost quite a lot to get some one to do it for you.

Take the wheel apart and check that no wires have become disconnected from Any of the circuit boards , Unplug it from the mains obviously.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Thanks 1

I had a similar problem. Sometimes my adjusted settings AND the default settings for my wheel are selected both (don't know why...) and then he always chooses the default ones. My problem was solved by reconnecting the T150 and restarting the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1