Jump to content Jump to content

Please Shut Jeff Up

Hi

Once every session I get Jeff saying "If you want to make changes to the car you can tell me what you want on the radio....... and so on" 

Please shut him up, I have mentioned it before but we don't need these every session, every season. 

Can you maybe replicate what Sports Interactive do with Football Manager and also what they do in Civilization 6. At first launch they ask if you are new the series or that version of the game only. This then modifies what level of help the game offers. Or you can turn off tutorials totally. Normal radio messages , fine, they add to the realism but these tutorials destroy it

12 hours ago, NeilUK02 said:

Hi

Once every session I get Jeff saying "If you want to make changes to the car you can tell me what you want on the radio....... and so on" 

Please shut him up, I have mentioned it before but we don't need these every session, every season. 

Can you maybe replicate what Sports Interactive do with Football Manager and also what they do in Civilization 6. At first launch they ask if you are new the series or that version of the game only. This then modifies what level of help the game offers. Or you can turn off tutorials totally. Normal radio messages , fine, they add to the realism but these tutorials destroy it

I think Codemasters must have turned him up to irritate you even more , he actually told me how to set my car up in an F2 race the other day and I never had it happen all year in any race so you may be making it worse by complaining about him , Jeff may work in the vipers nest of F1 but he does have some feelings you know . All this trolling him  is affecting his mental health and he's very low at the moment so he has decided to make himself feel better by slipping into a swimsuit and taking a few selfies  in front of his amazing new garden renovation and people cannot believe how young he looks.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, NeilUK02 said:

Hi

You can use the (voice) command:

*Engineer*

Engineer quiet

Engineer talk

Engineer repeat

Fewer updates

More updates

Shut up jeff

Leave me alone

25 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

You can use the (voice) command:

*Engineer*

Engineer quiet

Engineer talk

Engineer repeat

Fewer updates

More updates

Shut up jeff

Leave me alone

that doesn't shut him up when you are sat in the garage

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, CameronB said:

that doesn't shut him up when you are sat in the garage

Thanks for pointing that out Cameron, as you say the Engineer quiet demand only applies updates while driving has no effect on the "tutorials" . To be honest I am wondering if it may be a bug as I notice I no longer get the pit lane assist tutorial message or the tyre temperature one. I just keep getting the MFD radio one where he says "you can tell me what you want on the radio....." Maybe they are all supposed to stop after a while. 

Yeah, this is one of those things which makes me say: F1 2020 just isn't a finished game. There are so many things that just seemed to have been added without every asking the questions: why should we add this and how is it going to affect the average player?

Finished games don't harrass you with tutorials about the most basic game mechanics after 200 hours of gameplay. I don't need Jeff to explain the difference between understeer and oversteer when I'm preparing for a qualifying lap. 

Tell me some hints about the circuit or the weather, that's totally fine. But just don't try to explain things that you've already explained multiple times and that I already knew when I first played the game.

F1 games have so much potential, but Codemasters just don't seem to be able to take it to that next level. Maybe the EA deal will help, but it could also go the opposite way. Let's hope for the best and that at least small but annoying things like this gets removed from F1 2021.

• Like 1
On 3/16/2021 at 10:22 PM, Falstojudilofa said:

Yeah, this is one of those things which makes me say: F1 2020 just isn't a finished game. There are so many things that just seemed to have been added without every asking the questions: why should we add this and how is it going to affect the average player?

Finished games don't harrass you with tutorials about the most basic game mechanics after 200 hours of gameplay. I don't need Jeff to explain the difference between understeer and oversteer when I'm preparing for a qualifying lap. 

Tell me some hints about the circuit or the weather, that's totally fine. But just don't try to explain things that you've already explained multiple times and that I already knew when I first played the game.

F1 games have so much potential, but Codemasters just don't seem to be able to take it to that next level. Maybe the EA deal will help, but it could also go the opposite way. Let's hope for the best and that at least small but annoying things like this gets removed from F1 2021.

Agreed in real life you don’t hear vettel or Hamilton been told how to do qualifying laps etc so why do we get it still in the 10th season when we won 5 world championships lol

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 2:10 PM, ChristianAnsell said:

Agreed in real life you don’t hear vettel or Hamilton been told how to do qualifying laps etc so why do we get it still in the 10th season when we won 5 world championships lol

Another thing that doesn't happen in real life is Vettel or Hamilton using a TV / monitor in the cockpit that is being fed images from the T camera. AFAIK.

Edited by Exasperated