Jump to content Jump to content

Can we only change front wing in an early F2 sprint race pit stop?! To preserve fresh tyres...

I'm doing a full F2 season career and in the first sprint race some AI drivers damaged their front wing. One of them decided to immediately pit to get a new one, but also got all their medium tyres exchanged for another medium kit.

The thing is I'm sure he received an used kit and just lost the new and fresh one of the start of the race.

Is this a rule for sprint races? Once in a pit stop, it's an obligation to change tyres? 

Unfortunately in all races in F1 2020 whenever you pit, your tires will be changed, if you like it or not. There should really be an option to choose not to change your tires, just like you can choose not to replace the front wing while having damage.

• Agree 2
13 hours ago, BarryB said:

Unfortunately in all races in F1 2020 whenever you pit, your tires will be changed, if you like it or not. There should really be an option to choose not to change your tires, just like you can choose not to replace the front wing while having damage.

Great idea! We should have this option also. But I honestly confess that I'm not sure about F2 rules. Actually, regarding this, I'm also not sure about F1 also.

Probably it is of course possible to only change front wing and there's no obligation about having to change tyres also!

11 hours ago, BarryB said:

@BarryBL any way we can get the above mentioned option addressed?

Even if the FIA rules permit a pit stop to only change a front wing (maintaining current tyres), probably we wouldn't have a "fix" for this at this point.

Unfortunately, we are almost at that (pretty sad) time of the year where the current game is forgotten and all attention goes to the next one.

Anyway, I would love to hear I'm wrong!