Jump to content Jump to content

Classic cars in F1 2021

32 minutes ago, Hubbard89 said:

What new classic cars you hoping for in F1 2021 ?

For me 

Ferrari 96,Jordan 98, BAR 99, Jaguar 00, arrows 02

I dont think they will add any classic cars for 2021. If they did I like to see the precursor to the MP4/4 the BRABHAM BT55 from 1986 it would be a nice touch in memory of Elio, Tyrrell 019 from 1990, The Jordan 199 from 1999, The Jaguar R4 from 2003, TF109 from 2009 all classics from F1 2013 and F1 2018 before they were removed. In addition for the host to enable/disable the choice of what cars players can pick so everybody doesn't always choose the fastest car.   

Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Hubbard89 said:

What new classic cars you hoping for in F1 2021 ?

For me 

Ferrari 96,Jordan 98, BAR 99, Jaguar 00, arrows 02

Hopefully they skip the old **** - why not providing a separate game with original old track layouts for who loves the old vehicles - 
The game is named F1 2021 ....isn‘t it 

• Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

Hopefully they skip the old **** - why not providing a separate game with original old track layouts for who loves the old vehicles - 
The game is named F1 2021 ....isn‘t it 

For some of us it is part of our life mate,we grew up with the classic cars 😉 so for historical reasons and memories it is kind of cool driving them once in a while

I know it's difficult because finding who owns the rights to these cars is sometimes impossible, but I'd love to see some more obscure classics. 

Any Tyrell, Stewart, the Orange Arrows, Toyota, Ligier, and Minardi would be amazing. 

IMG_20200627_231928.jpg

I don’t really get the whole classic cars thing. Yes it’s nice to see or drive in a car from “back then” for a few laps, but that’s about it. For me it would be much more interesting if you could drive a certain season from the past, but then all cars from that year would have to be available.

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, BarryB said:

I don’t really get the whole classic cars thing. Yes it’s nice to see or drive in a car from “back then” for a few laps, but that’s about it. For me it would be much more interesting if you could drive a certain season from the past, but then all cars from that year would have to be available.

It depends on a lot of things,  if you are going to get the true feeling of the racing in the classic cars you have to drive the cars in cockpit view ,100% distance and if its a H pattern and you have a decent shifter like a TH8a then you are in for a  real challenge , that is the appeal of the older cars in the game ,just driving a few laps in T cam isn't going to give any idea of what it is like to drive them. (obviously they are not exactly the same as the real thing but neither are the latest cars like the real thing). But the difference in challenge as far as the game goes makes it a worthwhile add on for that reason alone .  It is a shame that there aren't enough punters around to make  a stand alone game worth the effort , that could include a lot of the old tracks to compliment the cars. PC2 has some of the old Lotus F1 cars and some tracks and its great to put them on  tracks that suit them.

Driving Monaco in a Marlboro McLaren with a H pattern shifter in F1 2020 is some real action. The only thing is it involves having to actually do some driving and so its not a popular part of the game.

At the end of the day its either of interest or of no interest to a person like everything in life. I just played Overpass and that got abit of a slagging off with people saying it was boring but I thought it to be absolutely excellent. Good job I did'nt  take the reviews too  seriously.

Edited by Exasperated
16 hours ago, Exasperated said:

It depends on a lot of things,  if you are going to get the true feeling of the racing in the classic cars you have to drive the cars in cockpit view ,100% distance and if its a H pattern and you have a decent shifter like a TH8a then you are in for a  real challenge , that is the appeal of the older cars in the game ,just driving a few laps in T cam isn't going to give any idea of what it is like to drive them. (obviously they are not exactly the same as the real thing but neither are the latest cars like the real thing). But the difference in challenge as far as the game goes makes it a worthwhile add on for that reason alone .  It is a shame that there aren't enough punters around to make  a stand alone game worth the effort , that could include a lot of the old tracks to compliment the cars. PC2 has some of the old Lotus F1 cars and some tracks and its great to put them on  tracks that suit them.

Driving Monaco in a Marlboro McLaren with a H pattern shifter in F1 2020 is some real action. The only thing is it involves having to actually do some driving and so its not a popular part of the game.

At the end of the day its either of interest or of no interest to a person like everything in life. I just played Overpass and that got abit of a slagging off with people saying it was boring but I thought it to be absolutely excellent. Good job I did'nt  take the reviews too  seriously.

Fair point and everyone to his own liking of course. My point was that I like driving these old cars, but I want full competition and not exhibition races where for example there are 20 McLaren mp4/4’s on the grid. Give me a full 1988 grid or anything like that where we can race a season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 9:20 AM, BarryB said:

Fair point and everyone to his own liking of course. My point was that I like driving these old cars, but I want full competition and not exhibition races where for example there are 20 McLaren mp4/4’s on the grid. Give me a full 1988 grid or anything like that where we can race a season.

The 2013 classic game was the best in the F1  series because it had some tracks to race on but unfortunately as you say already  still lack the cars. The more years that pass the less likely it is to happen , they already dropped the Lauda Ferrari and Hunt McLaren so the classics are already on their way out. its taken awhile but the future is finally within sight.

My favourite F1 nightmare is in AC on PS4  using  the Ferrari 15 with a grid of identical cars racing.

Edited by Exasperated

I'd like them to include a car from each decade F1 existed, so 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s.

F1 2013 had classic tracks too (Brands Hatch, Estoril, Imola and Jerez) and the team behind Project CARS have a few classic circuits already in their library.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, Shark2Racing said:

Hopefully they skip the old **** - why not providing a separate game with original old track layouts for who loves the old vehicles

Because they can't license nearly enough old tracks and vehicles to do that, otherwise I'm sure they would.

Edited by scottishwildcat

I would love to see a dlc like in the Schumacher edition or Senna and prost but with the biggest rivalries. For example Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen in 2007 or Vettel, Alonso, Webber, Hamilton and Button in 2010 (these cars are already in the game). It would be a great thing to see with the licensed drivers and more cars from the same year. But I would prefer new tracks whether classic or others like Mugello.

• Agree 1
On 3/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, BarryB said:

An F1 game or DLC featuring a full classic season with e full grid, track designs and throwback presentation and commentary would be amazing like. think it would do pretty well with players too. 

I loved the Le Mans DLC for PC2 and putting together a full Le Mans with all the old cars and series, with the old track as it was in the 60's, a real blast for those of us who never got to see that era as it happened. 

Biggest shame is we lost Murray before they could make it happen. 

• Agree 1
On 3/20/2021 at 12:36 AM, Sam ReaN said:

just any car would be more than welcome

Jordan 98 - the best looking buzzing hornet livery

Jaguar - 2003

McLaren - 2004

BAR Honda - 2006

Toyota - 2009

I loved so much the 1993 Larrouse and 1993 Lotus.. that liveries were so great