Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] - Communicating with Online Services message post-Online Services update

Hi I have a big problem with my F1 2020 Game. I just can't play bcs all time when i turn the game on in menu i have a communique "Connecting with online services. Please Wait" and it's never end. I can play only when I turn off my Internet and then i can play offline. Yesterday everything was okay. I did a F1 2020 Game Reinstall and game files consistency

Sorry for my english, i know its not the best but it's all what i can.  

image.png

Edited by PoWiEEE
  • Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

If you are running a Firewall, ensure it is set to allow the game to communicate on the following ports for both inbound and outbound traffic: TCP and UDP port 3074.

Posted (edited)
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here - Hi I have a big problem with my F1 2020 Game. I just can't play bcs all time when i turn the game on in menu i have a communique "Connecting with online services. Please Wait" and it's never end. I can play only when I turn off my Internet and then i can play offline. 
  • Platform - PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) - 1.16
  • Game-mode - Menu
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again - the problem was all time from yesterday
  • How do you make the problem happen - I don't know
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - I did a F1 2020 Game Reinstall, Steam Reinstall and game files consistency
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) - Logitech G29
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   ( Screen below ) 
    Im useing only Windows Defender and everthing looks okay ( Yesterday game working in 100% ) image.png
Edited by PoWiEEE
  • Administrator

If you are running a Firewall, ensure it is set to allow the game to communicate on the following ports for both inbound and outbound traffic: TCP and UDP port 3074.

We did have a online services update today, so please ensure you are on the latest version of the game too.

• Administrator

Also, when exactly do you see this message? Maybe a short video showing your experience will help. Issue is, since the Online Services update we had, we've had no other reports of this

• Administrator

Also, try verifying the integrity of Steam files via Game, right click, properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity of Steam files. Let that complete. 

Hi all,

I've been stuck on this message for the past 3 hours now. Anyone else having this issue?

No problems yesterday and I have re-booted my router, given up on F1 and played Star Wars Squadrons via Oculus for an hour without any issues, gone back to F1 just to hang on the same message.

• BarryBL changed the title to [PC] - Communicating with Online Services message post-Online Services update
  • BarryBL featured this topic
  • Administrator

Hi all,

Merged and master thread created. Please check the troubleshooting that @PoWiEEE has also done. We are aware and working on this.

We believe, at this time, that PC is only affected. Should you see this on console/stadia, please complete a bug report and add here.

1 hour ago, PoWiEEE said:

Me too thanks for help and i will waiting for more informations. I playing on DX11 because on DX12 my game is crashing while i press Alt+Tab

Don't play fullscreen exclusive. ALT-TAB is game breaking. If you must ALT-TAB (and I think you do need) then Windowed (Fullscreen) is preferable and DX12.

35 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi all,

Merged and master thread created. Please check the troubleshooting that @PoWiEEE has also done. We are aware and working on this.

We believe, at this time, that PC is only affected. Should you see this on console/stadia, please complete a bug report and add here.

If it is gonna help you, I created an additional Steam account and shared the game library, and now game works normally on secondary account, but not on my primary one.

• Administrator
Just now, jerzykiler2137 said:

If it is gonna help you, I created an additional Steam account and shared the game library, and now game works normally on secondary account, but not on my primary one.

Can you connect to online lobbies as well @jerzykiler2137. Also, I take it you are using the exact same machinery. Very helpful, thank you.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, jerzykiler2137 said:

Lobbies and everything works just fine, but I do not have all my settings there, so the game is pointless, unfortunately...

Excellent feedback, thanks @jerzykiler2137. I've added your messages to the internal discussion and will help us find the issue.