Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Guest Bicarda

Well pog champ. Seems the japanese version is fine then. Still goes to lap 2 very briefly before the start. 

Maybe the european codies servers are wonky. I have no idea. 

But i've never seen these seamless 1-2-3 laps since f1 2019 (And I don't just mean with me spectating.. I mean in any spectated stream i've seen) 

And i want what the commentator has. 

Guest Bicarda
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, UP100 said:

All of the races include the formation lap.

I'll invite you to check through them as well if you, for some reason, still don't believe me that it doesn't happen for everyone 100% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-YS2si2lwW1UTbOzvw37g

E: I did find an another bug, which I don't think is the same as this one? Positions and laps are counted correctly, but the the gaps of me and drivers below are shown as +1 lap. I'd guess this to have been caused by my jump start

image.png.6b0bf8175313302b8cb0f13e1c326b26.png

That's part of the same bug... also because of the formation lap. 

Sometimes this is related to people being disqualified from said formation lap (and being 'a lap behind' until the game gets itself together)

It's the triforce of lap 1,2,3 bugs. 
-Order scrambled somewhere through lap 1
-Wrong lap counter lap 2 (saying lap 3) (And drs activation message wrongly) 
-Delta's on lap 1 saying +1 lap. 

Edited by Bicarda

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

But it doesn't happen 100% of the time? Even BarryB confirmed that earlier by going through five 表彰台 league streams and not spotting it

Here's his quote even

True, difference however is that your league is PC, issue I opened the topic for is PS4/5. 

Guest Bicarda
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BarryB said:

True, difference however is that your league is PC, issue I opened the topic for is PS4/5. 

Well i notice it 100% of the time on pc too so 😛
Except then the Japanese commentator guy.

Edited by Bicarda

Now just the part in which we have to try and figure out what could be causing it 😅

I'd guess that the game just does some additional checks on lap three in order to confirm that everything is on sync. I should probably have a go at asking this from someone after the holidays. We should try to figure out what causes the desync in the leaderboards to happen

I feel like that there could be multiple bugs here which all get resolved by the lap three checks, so that may cause additional issues

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 3:33 PM, steviejay69 said:

@SpiffoSAFC are you in an XBox League?

I am yes. 

Time tower glitch is instant on this race. Starts at 30 minutes and 30 seconds. 

Edited by SpiffoSAFC
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay here, I've been on annual leave all week. 

I've spoke to the developers on this, and we have re-opened the issue for investigation off of these reports. Thanks for the feedback,

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, UP100 said:

Now just the part in which we have to try and figure out what could be causing it 😅

I'd guess that the game just does some additional checks on lap three in order to confirm that everything is on sync. I should probably have a go at asking this from someone after the holidays. We should try to figure out what causes the desync in the leaderboards to happen

I feel like that there could be multiple bugs here which all get resolved by the lap three checks, so that may cause additional issues

There’s clearly something triggered at the start of lap 3 that corrects the wrong lap counter and wrong positioning. If we know what that is, is it too easy to think that the trigger could be deployed earlier? 

Edited by BarryB

Just now, BarryB said:

There’s clearly something triggered at the start of lap 3 that corrects the wrong lap counter and wrong positioning. If we know what that is, is too easy to think that the trigger could be deployed earlier? 

I'd say it could be a some kind of check done to ensure everything is in sync as the first laps can be a bit hard to keep track of. Moving it to happen earlier wouldn't really be a fix in a way. It'd just do the thing it was designed for earlier, while the bugs can still appear before or after it. It's not a bad suggestion, but professionals usually think that it's often better to figure out what is causing the issue, instead of just trying to negate the issue with more code.

We have some good news that the issue has been reopened internally. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out the underlying issues 🙂 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BarryB said:

There’s clearly something triggered at the start of lap 3 that corrects the wrong lap counter and wrong positioning. If we know what that is, is it too easy to think that the trigger could be deployed earlier? 

DRS is enabled at Lap 3, presuming no Safety Car happens. Does the same thing happen in a wet race when there is no DRS enabled? Would be a good way to test that theory.

Edited by zampa

1 hour ago, zampa said:

DRS is enabled at Lap 3, presuming no Safety Car happens. Does the same thing happen in a wet race when there is no DRS enabled? Would be a good way to test that theory.

Interesting thought, I will test it out.

• Agree 2

It's probably evident looking at the UDP telemetry? Packet Type 2 is Lap Data.

There is a problem at the start with intervals being shown possibly even before cars cross the start line. Console video had +/- showing in the totem whereas this PC example did not. It's cross-platform that's for sure 🙂

Lap 2 being labelled incorrectly and then the positions being shuffled drastically on that lap should be a big clue.

DRS is a good pointer and I like that avenue of enquiry.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, zampa said:

I checked, there’s no difference. When a race starts in the wet, the order and lap count are still a mess until we reach lap 3.

• Thanks 2

1.A detailed description of the issue.
Watching mode in F2 multi-mode
leaderboard display is incorrect.
- Number of laps
- Driver ranking

This has never happened in F1.

2.Platform
PC

3.What version of the game you are using

4.Game-mode?
F2 unranked multi-mode

5.We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
occurs every time. its also happening in my friends environment, so I dont think its an individual issue.

6.How do you make the problem happen?
Multiplayer races in F2 unranked multi-mode.
And watch it in spectator mode

7.What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
I dont know the proper response.

8.What peripherals are you are using
PS4-pad
keybord

9.Any screenshots or video of the issue?
This is a video of the F2 race that I participated in yesterday.

https://clips.twitch.tv/YawningHotJackalPMSTwin-Ufl7p27Fz7EjtyqK

• Like 1

I think it's rather likely that there is some setting applied to many players, or an action performed by many, which is somehow causing this issue. Some report it happening every time while others report it happening 'sometimes'

@kisuke_CROW says it happens everytime in F2 for example. I think that'd indicate that someone in that league is "causing" it

It's just rather hard to figure out what could be causing it 😅

• Like 1

It only happens when the formation lap is on so that seems like the trigger.

• Agree 1