Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Posted (edited)

Not sure if mentioned before, but can’t find a topic about it and since this has been an issue ever since release and after 16 patches still not fixed I’d thought it’s time to address the topic.

During races (online, unranked) in the first few laps the time tower (top left of your screen) provides wrong information. The order of the drivers is incorrect and always starts somewhere during lap 1 and then resolves mostly during lap 3 and then it’s fine for the rest of the race. 

As shown in the attached image, you can see that the information is that Blaackmamba17 is your race leader. However he isn’t. The real leader of the race is the driver shown in 4th, NSX_Justas12. As mentioned before, the mixup of race order always starts during lap 1 and is mostly fixed during lap 3. 

Please guys, fix this issue for once. It looks silly and especially when your game is being used for official E-Sports events and the simplest thing as a race order is not even correct. 

If this issue is addressed by others earlier I apologize, but since it’s still not fixed it’s about time to do so.

6D5B7491-77FC-4E70-B54B-6B01CEF0B9BE.jpeg

Edited by BarryB
More meaningful title edited

@BarryB please start with the bug template or we simply can't forward it to the dev team

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

however, I believe this to be a connectivity issue and haven't seen this particular issue since 1.13 when this fix was added;

• Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

@BarryB please start with the bug template or we simply can't forward it to the dev team

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

however, I believe this to be a connectivity issue and haven't seen this particular issue since 1.13 when this fix was added;

• Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the lap counter to show the incorrect lap number after a formation lap.

I will do so, but this has nothing to do with connectivity. It was worse before 1.13 where it was fixed in races automatically after about 8 laps and ever since it’s fixed within 3 laps, but still not working properly. But if you doubt by answer I’ll happily invite you to any of our races or streams to see what’s really happening.

17 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I will do so, but this has nothing to do with connectivity. It was worse before 1.13 where it was fixed in races automatically after about 8 laps and ever since it’s fixed within 3 laps, but still not working properly. But if you doubt by answer I’ll happily invite you to any of our races or streams to see what’s really happening.

I don't really want to be invited to your stream, but I would like you to evidence it for replication, thanks.

Posted (edited)

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here

During online races the tower on the left shows the positions of the cars in the wrong order during lap 1 to 3.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.16 - PS4

3.       Game-mode? 

Multiplayer - Unranked - Race

4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue. 

Yes. —> Multiplayer - Unranked - Invite only - select any track - In host options select Category F1 2020 - 50% race. It doesn’t matter how long a qualifying session is, the issue always happens in a race. (I will add screens for the full host settings)

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 

Every race. There’s no exception.

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

Yes I have. I’ve read all, but the issue is not mentioned anywhere.

7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

Not relevant given the issue, but I have used both gamepad and wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite)

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

I’ve added screenshots of settings we use and will post a video of it happening in a bit.

10278AD7-4D9B-400C-A8DE-DD591137D00A.jpeg

2A50FFB1-7C20-4A3D-BD67-69466DB4FF83.jpeg

B4D7A84F-7BF5-4258-A830-696F6052FE44.jpeg

Edited by BarryB
  • Thanks 1

Ok video.

To explain what happens, this is a race during lap 1 where at the start of the clip all is normal, but soon things go wrong.

1) The lap counter jumps from 1 to 3 while still in lap 1 

2 ISRL_Jordan is in 2nd place, but gets shown in p7

3) GR_Nicka is in 14th and last and pitted is shown in 1st position. 

4) During lap 2 there’s several drivers up and down the order in the tower, but not in reality, also still shown as lap 3.

5) When we enter the real lap 3 everything is back to normal. Lap count is correct and all drivers are shown in the correct position for the rest of the race.

From our league running on a Friday, we don't experience this. Are you the host of your lobby? I take it by 'Invite Only' you are running a league via Unranked.

Posted (edited)

The timings on the left hand side display incorrectly for spectators since day 1. It can be in a totally random order until lap 3, it will also randomise itself when someone leaves and rejoins.

You could 100% replicate this by joining and spectating any league race lobby on xbox as far as i'm aware.

Edited by zampa

10 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

From our league running on a Friday, we don't experience this. Are you the host of your lobby? I take it by 'Invite Only' you are running a league via Unranked.

There’s several divisions so several hosts, around 10 different hosts and with all them the same issue happens. Hosts are located in the UK, The Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, so basically all over Europe. And yes, me too sometimes.

It’s invite only indeed because of league racing where yo don’t want uninvited guests.

Our race days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on 7pm UK time if that helps.

@BarryBLhave you got a link from a streamed race from your league? Just to see if it really doesn’t happen with you guys. Makes me curious what the difference can be.

I don't no, but we've ran 4 seasons and over 60 races with no issue with regards the timing boards. Our leagues are also multi-national and players are from across the world. Does this only happen to spectators, or players in race too?

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I don't no, but we've ran 4 seasons and over 60 races with no issue with regards the timing boards. Our leagues are also multi-national and players are from across the world. Does this only happen to spectators, or players in race too?

Only for spectators. Are you on PS4 or something different?

PC. I'll need to pass for testing, as I don't have a PS4/5 at home.

this issue is present on all platforms, easy way to see it would be to be driving in a online session and retire from the session and become a spectator the live timing on the right will be incorrect or non existent until all the cars have crossed the start finish line 

16 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

this issue is present on all platforms, easy way to see it would be to be driving in a online session and retire from the session and become a spectator the live timing on the right will be incorrect or non existent until all the cars have crossed the start finish line  

Slightly different @cearp8858, as the OP issue is the order of the standings, and there is another known issue we are working on where the Spectator mode can give back the wrong Lap information. I've raced (and spectated) in a lot of online races and not seen this on PC.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Slightly different @cearp8858, as the OP issue is the order of the standings, and there is another known issue we are working on where the Spectator mode can give back the wrong Lap information. I've raced (and spectated) in a lot of online races and not seen this on PC.

possibly some of the drivers in his particular session suffer from de sync?

This seems to be console specific and yes, connection issues may be the problem.

I have not witnessed the events of the video occur on PC, at least not in recent patches to my recollection.

Guest Bicarda
On 3/19/2021 at 7:38 AM, steviejay69 said:

This seems to be console specific and yes, connection issues may be the problem.

I have not witnessed the events of the video occur on PC, at least not in recent patches to my recollection.

From 1.17 patchnotes

121.png.6d802771cadbfc2f7094e5ec9f16e10e.png

But not fixed:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereAnimatedSamosaCurseLit-Gs6v-B3cq-4WzWOe

They just add it every few patchnotes and don't fix it anyway. 
Op's issue of the order scrambling is also still not fixed. 

You need to spectate races with formation laps to witness it occur. 

57 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

From 1.17 patchnotes

121.png.6d802771cadbfc2f7094e5ec9f16e10e.png

But not fixed:
https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereAnimatedSamosaCurseLit-Gs6v-B3cq-4WzWOe

They just add it every few patchnotes and don't fix it anyway. 
Op's issue of the order scrambling is also still not fixed. 

You need to spectate races with formation laps to witness it occur. 

also it's somewhat similar to career mode with formation lap if you qualify say on pole and take a whole new power unit and incur 60 place grid penalty the standings on teh left show you in the position you qualify in even tho you are clearly at the back of the grid 

• Thanks 1

Guest Bicarda

Any info on this? It was a really bad show last Saturday because in the patchnotes it said it was fixed and everybody was all excited and ready for it to be fixed. 
So you can understand our disappointment and confusion when it turned out not to be fixed. 

And now I'm trying to understand why someone would say it's fixed if it isn't and I just can't think of a good enough reason to lie to your customers like that. 
Especially since it took us 1 try to find out that it was not, in fact, fixed. so the illusion didn't even last long. 

All this is doing is destroying the last remnants of trust and faith that we still had left. 

21 hours ago, Bicarda said:

Any info on this? It was a really bad show last Saturday because in the patchnotes it said it was fixed and everybody was all excited and ready for it to be fixed. 
So you can understand our disappointment and confusion when it turned out not to be fixed. 

And now I'm trying to understand why someone would say it's fixed if it isn't and I just can't think of a good enough reason to lie to your customers like that. 
Especially since it took us 1 try to find out that it was not, in fact, fixed. so the illusion didn't even last long. 

All this is doing is destroying the last remnants of trust and faith that we still had left. 

To be fair, it seems like the lapcounter is fixed in lap 1. When lap 2 starts however, it shows lap 3 again.

Also, the order of cars during the first three laps isn’t fixed, but codies didn’t claim they had.