Jump to content Jump to content

Guest Bicarda
46 minutes ago, BarryB said:

To be fair, it seems like the lapcounter is fixed in lap 1. When lap 2 starts however, it shows lap 3 again.

Also, the order of cars during the first three laps isn’t fixed, but codies didn’t claim they had.

This has always been the case. Usually It's fine for lap 1 but then it goes to lap 3 instead of 2 after that lap. 
In addition al the standings are getting screwed up. This has been the case since launch so it's definitely not fixed. 
I know they didn't clame that but I just wanted to make sure that they knew that. In addition to the lapcounter being wrong. the order is wrong too.. 

Practically everything is wrong in the first 3 laps after a formation lap and it has been since launch and this is the second time they lied about having fixed it. 

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I have yet to verify this, but will on Wednesday.

I mean I made a video but please, verify if you don't believe me. I spend my days making fake video's to put on these forums after all. 
Just be sure to be in spectator when you try to confirm this. 

Edited by Bicarda
7 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

I mean I made a video but please, verify if you don't believe me. I spend my days making fake video's to put on these forums after all. 
Just be sure to be in spectator when you try to confirm this. 

It's not that I don't believe the video, it's just I've not seen it recently on my system and sessions.

I have the circumstances, but if it's not replicable across all systems it's not a game bug. 

To clarify one last important point, were these anomalies observable as host or just as peer player?

Guest Bicarda
1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

It's not that I don't believe the video, it's just I've not seen it recently on my system and sessions.

I have the circumstances, but if it's not replicable across all systems it's not a game bug. 

To clarify one last important point, were these anomalies observable as host or just as peer player?

Every spectator sees this practically 99% of the time. host or not.
So it's impossible that you don't see this if you ever spectate a race. 

(If you never spectate a race it's like saying "we didn't find life on mars but.. then again we didn't look on mars we looked on the moon")
I think the only way to get around this bug with some degree of certainty is by joining (as spectator) after the formation lap has started. Then, sometimes, there won't be a lap counter bug. 

Once again I want to stress this has happened in EVERY single league race we've ever driven on this game.
Codies also confirms this bug is there by putting it in the patchnotes. Just too bad the fix is a lie.

But since you've "not seen it recently on my system and sessions." 
And since this would be a totally irrelevant sentence if you have never been in the position where you could see this, 
Care to show some proof of you spectating an online race and not getting the bug? Cause whatever you did to fix it, we want it too. 

3 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Every spectator sees this practically 99% of the time. host or not.
So it's impossible that you don't see this if you ever spectate a race. 

(If you never spectate a race it's like saying "we didn't find life on mars but.. then again we didn't look on mars we looked on the moon")
I think the only way to get around this bug with some degree of certainty is by joining (as spectator) after the formation lap has started. Then, sometimes, there won't be a lap counter bug. 

Once again I want to stress this has happened in EVERY single league race we've ever driven on this game.
Codies also confirms this bug is there by putting it in the patchnotes. Just too bad the fix is a lie.

But since you've "not seen it recently on my system and sessions." 
And since this would be a totally irrelevant sentence if you have never been in the position where you could see this, 
Care to show some proof of you spectating an online race and not getting the bug? Cause whatever you did to fix it, we want it too. 

I stream all my league races, the videos are on YT, yes I frequently spectate Q but never disconnect (unless Steam breaks). I sometimes will join a session late. I am going to specifically try it this week.

Finally, BiB - I am on your side, please don't dissuade me from trying, I don't get paid to do this and I have two other jobs.

Guest Bicarda
35 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I stream all my league races, the videos are on YT, yes I frequently spectate Q but never disconnect (unless Steam breaks). I sometimes will join a session late. I am going to specifically try it this week.

Finally, BiB - I am on your side, please don't dissuade me from trying, I don't get paid to do this and I have two other jobs.

I mean none of your video's on youtube are spectator video's. You're racing in all of them so you couldn't have seen it here. 

I'm really not sure you're on our side because the codies have taken one of the people with the best criticism all the time and put you in the position where you have to appear to pick their side now. 
Honestly i don't care whose side you're on, but I doubt it's mine.  and If you were actually on our side you wouldn't want to be a mod for these liars. You wouldn't question that this bug is real, or try to find excuses for them (which you don't do here now but suddenly started doing often). 

But imagine what it feels like from our perspective. This game has been broken since day 1. There hasn't been a single commentated/streamed league race that does NOT have this issue. 
And here we are, 9 months in, and I have to convince you that this SUPER OBVIOUS BUG that we have had to live with for EVERY SINGLE ******* RACE without fail is real.. 

Our league is gonna stop racing in the f1 games partly because of this bug. (because it just shows how little they care about the multiplayer) And personally i'm super sad about it.. But I totally understand everybody who's totally done with this game. 
We've been begging on a monthly basis for them to PLEASE FIX THIS **** BECAUSE IT IS HORRIBLE. 
And 9 months in, they say they fix, it isn't fixed, we complain. and now again I have to convince you that the thing is real.. 
Which is REALLY REALLY hard to swallow for someone who has seen this bug 5 times a week for the last 37 weeks (that's 185 times)

It's a big shame too that those codies forum league races you guys do don't get streamed/commentated. 
Because as I remember the whole goal of it is to find bugs.  And this way it's been ensured that you miss half of them because the streaming side isn't even being tested. 

Edited by Bicarda

Hmm this is a weird one. I'd be guessing it's something similiar to the connection issues we see when the host's PC crashes at which point the leaderboard data becomes basically unavailable.

Never seen this specific issue when watching through 表彰台 league's replays though. Every single one I've seen has worked normally... or does this only happen with formation lap off or something?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Hmm this is a weird one. I'd be guessing it's something similiar to the connection issues we see when the host's PC crashes at which point the leaderboard data becomes basically unavailable.

Never seen this specific issue when watching through 表彰台 league's replays though. Every single one I've seen has worked normally... or does this only happen with formation lap off or something?

No. Formation lap is on. (Lobby options are shown on page 1 of this topic) Please, it can not be true that after 9 months we still have to convince you guys this bug is real. Please tell me what you guys need to show it’s there and I’ll show it.

The only difference could be in console.

Edited by BarryB
1 minute ago, UP100 said:

The reverse is apparently the case. Joining or rejoining in spectate around the end of Q, start of Formation Lap appears to be the trigger.

The game will never work correctly if people disconnect at key moments. The game should handle them more gracefully or just refuse a rejoin, IMHO.

It was a BIG MISTAKE to allow rejoining sessions in the game, period. The online experience has suffered markedly in subsequent titles.

Just now, BarryB said:

No. Formation lap is on. (Lobby options are shown on page 1 of this topic. Please, it can not be true that after 9 months we still have to convince you guys this bug is real. Please tell me what you guys need to show it’s there and I’ll show it.

You don't need to convince me that it's real. The problem is just that I have no understanding what could be causing it...

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the way the bug appears, in which case you could have a go digging this channel and see if you can spot it for me https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-YS2si2lwW1UTbOzvw37g 🙂 

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

The reverse is apparently the case. Joining or rejoining in spectate around the end of Q, start of Formation Lap appears to be the trigger.

The game will never work correctly if people disconnect at key moments. The game should handle them more gracefully or just refuse a rejoin, IMHO.

It was a BIG MISTAKE to allow rejoining sessions in the game, period. The online experience has suffered markedly in subsequent titles.

Agree. And to add to that, since the latest patch there’s a new glitch when someone rejoins under a SC period. If they rejoin and take control, the car starts overtaking others by itself, while still under the SC, causing major havoc in races.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

You don't need to convince me that it's real. The problem is just that I have no understanding what could be causing it...

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the way the bug appears, in which case you could have a go digging this channel and see if you can spot it for me https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-YS2si2lwW1UTbOzvw37g 🙂 

Checked 5 video’s so far and it’s not appearing. Seems like an PS4/5 issues then. Does anyone know an Xbox league stream so we can check it?

8 minutes ago, BarryB said:

Checked 5 video’s so far and it’s not appearing. Seems like an PS4/5 issues then. Does anyone know an Xbox league stream so we can check it?

According to @Bicarda it happens on PC, which sadly makes the investigation process much harder as we've got no clue what could cause it 😕

I do agree with @steviejay69 that joining at the wrong times trigger loads of issues, but surely the leagues Bicarda participates in don't always have someone joining at an important time?

E: I think the first think to look at would be if there's someone that has been in every lobby that the bug has happened in, or things such as joining mid-quali, during the loading process or on formation lap.

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

According to @Bicarda it happens on PC, which sadly makes the investigation process much harder as we've got no clue what could cause it 😕

I do agree with @steviejay69 that joining at the wrong times trigger loads of issues, but surely the leagues Bicarda participates in don't always have someone joining at an important time?

It is probably to do with the formation lap I suspect (but it is pure speculation). It bothers me that the game puts in a lap 0. That's poor logic. If you skip the Formation Lap, you just start Lap 2 (but label it lap 1).

It's about forward planning - you only have to look at the UDP data and see how it's been implemented. It could have been designed better, floor up. Appreciate no one has a crystal ball, but OMG WTAF. Should be able to add to it without making older versions incompatible or broken.

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

E: I think the first think to look at would be if there's someone that has been in every lobby that the bug has happened in, or things such as joining mid-quali, during the loading process or on formation lap.

I run a league with 7 tiers. So loads of different people each time. Hosts are different, streamers/commentators are different each race. And yet, it happens in 100% of the races. 

All of our hosts are based in Europe though.

2 minutes ago, BarryB said:

Want me to run a test with the same settings as normal, without a formation lap?

It would certainly speed things up if you could. Please evidence, however.

7 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I run a league with 7 tiers. So loads of different people each time. Hosts are different, streamers/commentators are different each race. And yet, it happens in 100% of the races. 

All of our hosts are based in Europe though.

Hmm. I've asked some other users about this and they report it happening once in a while, such as every 5-10 races. I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with either an user* or an action at the moment

*This doesn't mean that the user has intentionally done anything. It includes user, their hardware, software and things such as data pulled from a server

@UP100 @steviejay69 I ran two tests with the exact same settings as I’ve shown on page 1 of this topic. One session had 6 and one had 15 drivers. Only difference is that the formation lap was off. 
Result is that in both sessions the lap counter and order or drivers was correct all race.

I can post videos if needed, but the issues only occures when there’s a formation lap, so that’s where it goes wrong.

• Thanks 1
Guest Bicarda
22 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It would certainly speed things up if you could. Please evidence, however.

IT IS the formation lap. We established this already during the beta. Hence i didn't think it still needed mentioning. 
We've had multiple topics already were people tested and were it was established the formation lap was the culprit.
It doesn't happen in races without formation lap. IT happens 100% in races with formation lap. 

That's why I said that sometimes the host joining late fixes the issue: if a spectator didn't actively see (most of) the formation lap things might not be screwed  up for them.  

22 hours ago, UP100 said:

Hmm. I've asked some other users about this and they report it happening once in a while, such as every 5-10 races. I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with either an user* or an action at the moment

*This doesn't mean that the user has intentionally done anything. It includes user, their hardware, software and things such as data pulled from a server

You're wrong. It happens 100% of the time if you spectate with a formation lap. 

Why all the speculating guys? Just play the game and notice for yourself. it happens 100% of the time, as previously stated. 

19 hours ago, BarryB said:

Video’s:

Test 1:

Test 2:

Thanks for being so thorough. Seems like everything needs to be spelled out for the mods here.
You are 100% correct it is the formation lap that is causing the issue and codies and @BarryBL and @RedDevilKT have known this for a long time.

Just now, Bicarda said:

You're wrong. It happens 100% of the time if you spectate with a formation lap. 

Why all the speculating guys? Just play the game and notice for yourself. it happens 100% of the time, as previously stated. 

But it doesn't happen 100% of the time? Even BarryB confirmed that earlier by going through five 表彰台 league streams and not spotting it

Here's his quote even

23 hours ago, BarryB said:

Guest Bicarda
2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

But it doesn't happen 100% of the time? Even BarryB confirmed that earlier by going through five 表彰台 league streams and not spotting it

Here's his quote even

The way i read it he hadn't realized at that time that it was the formation lap that caused it. 
He must have checked races without a formation lap then

8 hours ago, Bicarda said:

The way i read it he hadn't realized at that time that it was the formation lap that caused it. 
He must have checked races without a formation lap then

All of the races include the formation lap.

I'll invite you to check through them as well if you, for some reason, still don't believe me that it doesn't happen for everyone 100% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn-YS2si2lwW1UTbOzvw37g

E: I did find an another bug, which I don't think is the same as this one? Positions and laps are counted correctly, but the the gaps of me and drivers below are shown as +1 lap. I'd guess this to have been caused by my jump start

image.png.6b0bf8175313302b8cb0f13e1c326b26.png