Jump to content Jump to content

Your opinion of the track in Jeddah (Saudi Arabian GP)

Hello
What do you guys think about the track thread in Jeddah and the onboard from this track? What are your first impressions? Do you think this track will be as good in real life and in the F1 2021 game?
I think they've made a bit of a second Vietnam which I hate but it's not that bad an esky and 1/2 the track is straight so it should be great racing. I think it will be a very good race.

Terrible. I played vietnam only once on f1 2020, i plan to do this again with jeddah with 2021. City circuits are terrible (i'm not a monaco fan too) and this fast circuit with walls all over looks hard to drive, risky and with poor overtaking chances

1 hour ago, GioProductions said:

but we will have wait and see if Codemasters can add this to the 2021 game from the start, same as Imola etc

Errr, surely that video is showing gameplay from the F1 2021 game?

My gut reaction to the track is that it will lead to some very dull races but I really hope I'm wrong. I still think it's a shame we're apparently never going to see a race on the Vietnam circuit.

Good for Camel Races - same as Vietnam was good for scooter races 

There are so many good race tracks in the world and even with 23 races in the calendar they choose some of the worst 

Follow the money - but loose your fan base - how long will that work ??

3 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

The track in Jeddah was shown in a different radiator than F1 2021.

Actually you're right, I made a jump from it clearly being a simulation to it being the next official F1 game. I guess I was thinking this was most likely on the official F1 channel. From a quick Google it definitely looks like Assetto Corsa from the wheel/hands, in line with what @KNT2011 has read.

2 hours ago, zampa said:

That has to be an early build of F1 2021.

The car sounds different, sounds like an F1 car on Assetto Corsa

New steering wheel? Appears to be a model of an actual Sim Wheel as opposed to a real one so the car being used isn't an Aston Martin
https://www.precisionsimengineering.com/shop-online/gpx-steering-wheel

In my opinion it's not F1 2021, if anything it's Assetto Corsa or even rFactor 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, GunDeviLnl said:

Barry... could you  confirm that this is a f12021 build  or if  it is an other game  ?

Barry is not allowed to comment on F1 2021 (or future editions of other games)

3 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

In my opinion it's not F1 2021, if anything it's Assetto Corsa or even rFactor 1 or 2.

Barry is not allowed to comment on F1 2021 (or future editions of other games)

It's almost certainly Assetto Corsa I was wrong in thinking it was 2021.

The engine sound is the giveaway.