Jump to content Jump to content

Your opinion of the track in Jeddah (Saudi Arabian GP)

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 10:53 AM, svensenk86 said:

As you said,looks like the same **** as Vietnam...i do not like those street circuits. Bring back tracks like Hockenheim or Nurburgring,tracks with a history instead of those new money tracks

They are trying to open up new markets in other parts of the World to produce a larger fan base, more fans  make more money. Its a business they are not a service unfortunately  Some well established venues don't want to take on a GP as they cannot make any profit out of it or even would lose money , there were some problems a while back with Silverstone over the costs, but I agree that there are some great tracks like you suggest that would be better spectacle and more interesting to drive than the street tracks , but its a money thing again street tracks are near the people so its easier to entice people to come to the race on a whim and create a larger fan base , a lot of older better tracks are away from airports and good transport links Its sad that the business side of things overrides the enjoyment.

Edited by Exasperated
On 3/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Exasperated said:

Does that track already exist in an AC game or are they in talks with the F1 owners to make the 2021 game and so the in game footage is theirs.

The official F1 game will still be the Codemasters one. There are already a lot of F1 tracks in Assetto Corsa so this would just become one more.

16 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The official F1 game will still be the Codemasters one. There are already a lot of F1 tracks in Assetto Corsa so this would just become one more.

I'm just wondering how AC got the relevant information about a new track so that it could build it ready for now before the game is released . As F1 is presumably tied into a deal with Codemasters as regards rights to produce the game does this mean that track building for the Codemasters game  has been undertaken by the team at AC if not did AC just guess what the track layout was going to be or did they get the information direct from the relevant planning office in Jeddah , if it takes almost a year to build a track as suggested in previous posts then its all abit confusing as to how AC is in the loop as regards F1 track planning so early in the planning process. Any one can shed light on this.

Edited by Exasperated
4 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

I'm just wondering how AC got the relevant information about a new track so that it could build it ready for now before the game is released . As F1 is presumably tied into a deal with Codemasters as regards rights to produce the game does this mean that track building for the Codemasters game  has been undertaken by the team at AC if not did AC just guess what the track layout was going to be or did they get the information direct from the relevant planning office in Jeddah , if it takes almost a year to build a track as suggested in previous posts then its all abit confusing as to how AC is in the loop as regards F1 track planning so early in the planning process. Any one can shed light on this.

The video posted is on the official F1 YouTube channel and the track has official F1 branding on it. Therefore there has clearly been an official collaboration here I'd say.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

The video posted is on the official F1 YouTube channel and the track has official F1 branding on it. Therefore there has clearly been an official collaboration here I'd say.

The AC connection is very strange  because like you say its an official F1 update. yet Codemasters produce the official game. Perhaps anyone can pay F1 for the right to produce a track just not have access to teams and liveries etc.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

The AC connection is very strange  because like you say its an official F1 update. yet Codemasters produce the official game. Perhaps anyone can pay F1 for the right to produce a track just not have access to teams and liveries etc.

And importantly the named drivers I suspect. I find it weird to somehow be able to license people's names but it appears to be something present across multiple game franchises.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Jarno Opener posted some more AC footage today:

https://youtu.be/W3rL-q1qKzY

Well that clears that up then , AC must have a deal or pay per track agreement with F1 , looks like a very early build ,even by AC standards of graphics that looks horrible and unfortunately the Maestro has chosen to drive in ******* view and with about €4000 of sim racing gear  making it even more tragic . Never mind.

Thanks for sharing that. Have a good race , I just finished an hour at Monaco in an F2 car It was a great race and the quality of driving by the AI was almost human, its not always a problem in every race , its a bit hit and miss . Took a while to find a decent car set up to stay off the Armco though.

Edited by Exasperated
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Exasperated said:

There are multiple official F1 games around, though the non-Codies ones are on mobile mostly. Codies have the right to call their game Official F1 game and probably some other things, but it doesn't cross out making other games completely at least 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...