F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

F1 2021 game

@Barry any hints about when we could expect some news? Trailer or even a blurry screenshot would make my day

11 minutes ago, MarcoFcb97 said:

@BarryBL any News?

21 minutes ago, GunDeviLnl said:

@Barry any hints about when we could expect some news? Trailer or even a blurry screenshot would make my day

@BarryBL can't give any information until codemasters release any trailer so be patient. From what he's said recently, it looks like there will be more information about F1 2021 soon (guessing by the end of this month). Let's be patient and we will know soon. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

soon

Isnt "soon" (tm) by Blizzard Entertainment 😛 ?

Do you want him fired :classic_biggrin: patience is a virtue

8 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Isnt "soon" (tm) by Blizzard Entertainment 😛 ?

What do you mean?

Hi everyone,

I appreciate the enthusiasm for future titles, and hopefully I have something to say soon. 😛 

Stay tuned to the forums, I'll have any information on any of Codemasters future titles available as soon as we can. 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

They embarrassed themselves with F2 on f1 2020. The cars were released like a week after the F2 championship had ended.

F2 2021 cars need to be in from the start of the game there is really no reason why they shouldnt be.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zampa said:

They embarrassed themselves with F2 on f1 2020. The cars were released like a week after the F2 championship had ended.

F2 2021 cars need to be in from the start of the game there is really no reason why they shouldnt be.

Couldnt agree with this more!   In the first year F2 was included it wasn't a big deal the update came later in the season.   In F1 2020 though it was not good that they came so late because of the inclusion of My Team mode.  The F2 cars came so late which was unfortunate but it also was set so you couldn't use the new updated driver roster in My Team mode making them relatively useless in my opinion.  Hopefully they're up to date and included from the start this year to match this year's driver lineup right from the start so My Team mode is up to date, rather than a year behind.

I get the incentive of releasing them later in the year... Gives them time to create/update them and also provides new game content part way through the game life cycle to hopefully keep people playing longer, but it really completely kills the in game immersion in a mode like My Team for them to be so out dated, and when you are always stuck using outdated drivers.

Thank you for absurdly increasing the price of F1 games in other regions on PC 🙂 

• Sad 1

No more regional pricing thanks to EA... Excitement died instantly..

What’s the difference between co-operative and competitively in the co-op career?

Just now, BarryB said:

What’s the difference between co-operative and competitively in the co-op career?

Team-mates and not team-mates. 😛 

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Team-mates and not team-mates. 😛 

That was my first thought too, thanks for clarifying.

Well,are you Happy now that there will be official tracks? Good job Codemasters,i know you wouldn't let us down

Does co-op career mean online?

Rather than split screen?

Been waiting for this for years if so!

Unpicking the initial wording what is really innovative here? Not too much it seems right now. 

Whilst 2020 is a good F1 it still doesn’t feel polished enough at times really. Bottle OP never been addressed. MyTeam liveries pretty poor. 

Posted (edited)

All I want personally is more realistic AI, AI making mistakes with bigger consequences (lockups into runoff areas, crashes, spins - not little wiggles), player car failures, full driver face and helmet livery designer, contract offers as opposed to choosing straight up who you'll drive for, and the ability to overtake the safety car if you're a lap down.

I got MotoGP 20 last week, it may have influenced some of this. :classic_biggrin:

Edit: Also, it said in the announcement "Rise from the ranks of Formula 2™ to a shot at stardom in the world of Formula 1®." I'm hoping that this year our efforts in F2 actually have an effect on who we drive for in F1, rather than the misleading shambles of F1 2020 (despite the voiceover saying otherwise, it didn't matter how badly you did, you still just picked an F1 team at the end of F2, and the only effect was whichever academy you chose, that raised your acclaim with that team).

Edited by s00zster

22 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

After this useless Trailer, I see dark clouds ahead

It's just an "announcement trailer", a teaser of sorts. We won't see a proper full trailer until closer to release.

56 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

@BarryBL Will I still be able to play individual career mode and no story mode?

Standard Career mode remains as normal @Gladystonff

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

After this useless Trailer, I see dark clouds ahead

Hmmm, the only thing that i was able to draw from this trailer is the release date.

So where are new features, new tracks, new concepts? Story mode, hmm, turn a racing simulation into an adventure? Hm, dunno. Looks like we have to learn more about it before we can be the judge.

I have a question as well "2 player career" does this include myteam mode as well, can i found a team an drive it with a friend as the teammate instead of an AI teammate?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1