Jump to content Jump to content

On 4/1/2021 at 8:38 AM, Ultra3142 said:

The purchase was only fairly recently so my bet it that EA's influence on the F1 2021 game will be very minimal.

The Impact will be that we may need to use  Origins vs Steam ?? 

20 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

The Impact will be that we may need to use  Origins vs Steam ?? 

Well EA games are available on steam anyway, but codemasters is still an independent developer just EA finance them now, codies games will stay on steam and you may see them on origin or their new ea desktop app in the future 

6 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

Well EA games are available on steam anyway, but codemasters is still an independent developer just EA finance them now, codies games will stay on steam and you may see them on origin or their new ea desktop app in the future 

Yes - and how will this affect MP??? Will MP work on two platforms ??

which one will we use after game release ?

It might well be, since Codemasters has been sold to EA, that even the guys at Codies do not perfectly know how this will continue, I bet at the moment there are all kinds of evaluations and team rebuilding, budgeting and the like going on behind the curtains. Hence, you would have expected some news about a 2021 game meanwhile, wouldnt you, and the current silence indicates, that a lot of things to come have not yet been finally decided. As written elsewhere previously, I would not be surprised if the 2021 game was simply a patch of 2020 with new car colors and a new car floor graphic, plus a few new tracks. While, dependent of the IRL postponed 2021 to 2022 F1 regulation changes, the "real" 2021 F1 game currently in development will be released as the 2022 version. Think about it, I would say that postponing the new rules happened at a time, where a game developer had already finished a lot of work into a new version of the game. Also, next gen consoles still have harsh problems concerning availability, the same goes for new / state of the art GPU chips, all factors that would speak for a later release of an updated graphics / game engine.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

It might well be, since Codemasters has been sold to EA, that even the guys at Codies do not perfectly know how this will continue, I bet at the moment there are all kinds of evaluations and team rebuilding, budgeting and the like going on behind the curtains. Hence, you would have expected some news about a 2021 game meanwhile, wouldnt you, and the current silence indicates, that a lot of things to come have not yet been finally decided. 

I don't really see why there would be any immediate changes for CM Birmingham because of the acquisition. EA bought into Codemasters because of what they're doing currently, which is why they're not currently planning to mess with the DiRT Rally series either. Other than that, the team is everchanging as people move between positions and jobs. 🙂 

Any major decisions about future titles are rarely done just before an announcement. We didn't have any news about F1 2020 this time last year either!

12 hours ago, Schneehase said:

It might well be, since Codemasters has been sold to EA, that even the guys at Codies do not perfectly know how this will continue, I bet at the moment there are all kinds of evaluations and team rebuilding, budgeting and the like going on behind the curtains. Hence, you would have expected some news about a 2021 game meanwhile, wouldnt you, and the current silence indicates, that a lot of things to come have not yet been finally decided. 

F1 2020 was announced on April 15th.

It's now April 9th.

Calm down, people.

• Agree 1

I saw a post on Instagram that some features were leaked. F.e. that Imola and portimao will be added to the game, which are great news. But since this is not official, we can just wait.

Before you ask: I have a screenshot of that. But I dont know if i am allowed to post possible leaked infos in a official forum of CM? 

14 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I saw a post on Instagram that some features were leaked. F.e. that Imola and portimao will be added to the game, which are great news. But since this is not official, we can just wait.

Before you ask: I have a screenshot of that. But I dont know if i am allowed to post possible leaked infos in a official forum of CM? 

As far as I know and have seen, you can't because they immediately hide it or delete news (speculations) about F1 2021, so you better not publish it here

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, UP100 said:

EA bought into Codemasters because of what they're doing currently, which is why they're not currently planning to mess with

Lets say that this is the part of your answer where I actually HOPE you are right and future proves everyone else wrong. Lets see. On a different note it would be interesting to learn, why the new game announcement has to differ from the first IRL F1 race for some weeks every year. People who have insight into the game industry will argue that the new game has long been completed / nearly completed before an announcement is made. From a marketing point of view, the first IRL F1 race weekend would be the perfect timing to announce the official F1 game as well, and I wonder what would be an even stronger benefit a few weeks later?

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Lets say that this is the part of your answer where I actually HOPE you are right and future proves everyone else wrong. Lets see. On a different note it would be interesting to learn, why the new game announcement has to differ from the first IRL F1 race for some weeks every year. People who have insight into the game industry will argue that the new game has long been completed / nearly completed before an announcement is made. From a marketing point of view, the first IRL F1 race weekend would be the perfect timing to announce the official F1 game as well, and I wonder what would be an even stronger benefit a few weeks later?

I'm going to be careful, but even if the game is mostly ready, there's still a lot of stuff to do. Many of the F1 game betas are done with old F1 cars. F1 2016B was done with 2015 cars, and 2017B was done with fake cars. I think stating the reason may be a bit too far on the gray zone of legal things 😅

There is a lot of non-development stuff that goes into making a racing game with real cars.

People who have insight into the game industry will argue that the new game has long been completed / nearly completed before an announcement

I'm not at all convinced this is true. When was Cyberpunk 2077 first announced again? :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

first announced

We are talking announcements with a release date though, like usually done for a game with an annual iteration like Codies are doing here and that was what i was refering to - i take it from your smiley that you are not really comparing this to Cybertrash. The day they are revealing a release date and the core features of they game, they do at least know the exact day their gold version will be done. Nowadays with the "day1-patch" approaches "allowed" there will still be a lot of stuff happening last minute, but I would be surprised if this did include more than polishing and bugfixing and the like, it sure can not include core game features (unless it was positively decided to sew them in later on purpose) and engine decisions etc have been taken many months back.

Edited by Schneehase

Game is very likely to be realeased mid July and Codemasters usually announces the release date for their F1 games 3 months in advance. Based on that we will probably hear news within a day or 10.

We are talking announcements with a release date though, like usually done for a game with an annual iteration like Codies are doing here and that was what i was refering to - i take it from your smiley that you are not really comparing this to Cybertrash. The day they are revealing a release date and the core features of they game, they do at least know the exact day their gold version will be done. Nowadays with the "day1-patch" approaches "allowed" there will still be a lot of stuff happening last minute, but I would be surprised if this did include more than polishing and bugfixing and the like, it sure can not include core game features (unless it was positively decided to sew them in later on purpose) and engine decisions etc have been taken many months back.

Your comment read more generally. Yes I'm sure the Codemasters game is largely complete already.

3 hours ago, Pawel567 said:

As far as I know and have seen, you can't because they immediately hide it or delete news (speculations) about F1 2021, so you better not publish it here

from my experience yesterday, they don't, if you are referring to the post yesterday I asked for it to be deleted as I found out the info was wrong. With that being said I wouldn't advise posting leaks as they are more often than not misleading and often completely incorrect. I wonder if @BarryBL could give us some clarity on this.

7 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

from my experience yesterday, they don't

You've missed material that has been deleted then 🙂. Which doesn't surprise me or seem unreasonable BTW.

If I’m honest I’m not really active enough on this forum to notice it but from my experience they were more concerned about the original link to where I found it than the post I made. It was only deleted after I asked for it to be.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, smalls048 said:

from my experience yesterday, they don't, if you are referring to the post yesterday I asked for it to be deleted as I found out the info was wrong. With that being said I wouldn't advise posting leaks as they are more often than not misleading and often completely incorrect. I wonder if @BarryBL could give us some clarity on this.

I can clarify this one @smalls048

Speculation is speculation, much like anything in life. ( Think football transfer rumours, simply rumours). What I'd recommend is to stay tuned to the forums and the social pages of the Codemasters F1 accounts, as any official news will be dropping there first, and that information is confirmed and correct. 

We appreciate the enthusiasm for any future projects we may be working on, however, rumours are simply rumours. If I took everything I read about Arsenal as true, well, I'd be no more stressed than usual. Moral of the story is to always look at the official channels. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 5