Jump to content Jump to content

34 minutes ago, GunDeviLnl said:

Btw i was thinking... is codemaster allowed  to use the frostbite engine because they belong to ea now? Not sure if that engine i suitable for racinggames but if it is i predict a nice future.

It would take a lot of time though, to port the official F1 game to another game engine. Besides, the F1 game series is a multi-platform release and you have to expect that Codemasters/EA will want to keep it that way. For the F1 2021 game the decision which game engine it will be based on has been taken about 1,5-2 years back. If anything, the next engine used will make good use of next-gen consoles and raytracing. Given the current GPU shortages I would expect that game making companies shy away from the latter for a year or two now.

1 hour ago, GunDeviLnl said:

Btw i was thinking... is codemaster allowed  to use the frostbite engine because they belong to ea now? Not sure if that engine i suitable for racinggames but if it is i predict a nice future.

Ego was specifically designed for racing games though I think? Meaning it's likely superior to Frostbite and to some extent is what EA have chosen to buy?

21 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Ego was specifically designed for racing games though I think? Meaning it's likely superior to Frostbite and to some extent is what EA have chosen to buy?

Read back what you just wrote 😉

2 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

just a clarification, if a milestone is successful, Codemasters will succeed too. Portimao is in the game. https://youtu.be/M5NWJ3LmEwA

The Portimao track was already available on Ride 4, a milestone game released last year, which is almost identical to motogp, so I think they used the same circuit. But I am confident that it will be present on F1 2021, otherwise it would not be the official F1 game if it did not respect the official calendar.

1 hour ago, michele1131 said:

La pista di Portimao era già disponibile su Ride 4, un gioco fondamentale uscito l'anno scorso, che è quasi identico alla motogp, quindi penso che abbiano utilizzato lo stesso circuito. Ma sono fiducioso che sarà presente su F1 2021, altrimenti non sarebbe il gioco ufficiale di F1 se non rispettasse il calendario ufficiale.

exact. The game must adhere to the original schedule before it is announced. If the game is announced at the end of the month and in May the calendar changes, in that case nothing can be changed. But I'm sure Codemasters knows the original F1 calendar long before we do

Methinks you guys are overconfident here about the new tracks. Looking back on 2020 where are the tracks that were driven IRL F1? Sure there was some chaos caused by the pandemic blablabla then again why not release the extra tracks later as a DLC for extra money? I dont dare counting on Codies to provide us with all tracks which are in the official F1 calendar at the moment, I just dont dare.

7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm doubtful they did for this season.

If Imola and Portimao are not there, they will lose a lot of marketing, so they will probably move the release date of F1 2021 to August or even September so that these tracks will be there from the beginning of the game's release.

6 minutes ago, Pawel567 said:

If Imola and Portimao are not there, they will lose a lot of marketing, so they will probably move the release date of F1 2021 to August or even September so that these tracks will be there from the beginning of the game's release.

If the new Track and track changes of Australia and Spain are not in - it will be a definite no buy 

No need of a game copy of F1 2020 with tracks - that have not even Part of last years season ......

39 minutes ago, Shark2Racing said:

If the new Track and track changes of Australia and Spain are not in - it will be a definite no buy 

No need of a game copy of F1 2020 with tracks - that have not even Part of last years season ......

It won't be a copy. There is new stuff being added and I'd be pretty shocked if Vietnam was in the game.

Edited by Ultra3142
11 hours ago, zampa said:

It'll have all the tracks.

Hopefully the correct F2 cars/lineup from day 1 too.

It will indeed have all the tracks, it’s an official licensed game. However, it will from the calendar that is known now. If anything changes later, that won’t be in it.

About F2, I hope so too, but that’s probably just very wishful thinking.