Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

1 hour ago, mikyesposto95 said:

Well,are you Happy now that there will be official tracks? Good job Codemasters,i know you wouldn't let us down

where did you see the announce of the new trascks? the only announce is the date and braking point mode.

Edited by mattiacattaneo
mistake of writing
Just now, Gladystonff said:

@BarryBL Imola, Portimão and Jedahh just for new generation?

from the announcement post above this post We’ll also be adding three new circuits, Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah, which will be available to all players as free post-launch content. 

so for all versions of the game and all platforms

• Agree 1
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, cearp8858 said:

from the announcement post above this post We’ll also be adding three new circuits, Portimão, Imola, and Jeddah, which will be available to all players as free post-launch content. 

so for all versions of the game and all platforms

@cearp8858 is correct. We wouldn't add tracks for one generation and not give it to another. Not very fair that. 

• Agree 2
5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@cearp8858 is correct. We wouldn't add tracks for one generation and not give it to another. Not very fair that. 

Will the generations be cross playable? In fifa you cant play against someone with the Series S/X version if on the Xbox One version. Will new gen and old gen xboxs be able to play online together?

Edited by zampa

That means nothing more or less as that the game will be released without new tracks, they will not be ready. Given all the EA millions and the fact that we (= IRL F1) raced on these tracks already a year ago, i dont think that this is convincing me to preorder a game that i have neither seen any in game graphics, nor any other content from, yet. Also, as a PC player, do they really think I will buy a game that has enhanced graphics but only on xbox and playstation? lol

And no, I dont plan getting an Origin account, if it does not work steam only it is not for me. Lets see if the PS5 buyers (actually I thought its hardly available) can carry the development costs alone. Especially so since forums are already full of the huge EA price increase in various countries. Well it is what we all expected when we learned about the sale to EA, so what and moving on.

Edited by Schneehase
1 hour ago, zampa said:

Will the generations be cross playable? In fifa you cant play against someone with the Series S/X version if on the Xbox One version. Will new gen and old gen xboxs be able to play online together?

I doubt it. as clearly being new gen platforms the series X has far more proccessing power ove rthe XB1 tbhs o that would giv ethe one with the more superior console an unfair advantage

Edited by sjsharp2010
13 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

And until these race tracks are launched, will we have China and Vietnam?

I seriously doubt it.

For those saying there seems to be little change, surely the introduction of the Braking Point story mode is the major change?

@BarryBL do you know / are you able to say whether the PS5 version will have a 120 Hz mode?

Edited by Ultra3142
1 minute ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I doubt it. as clearl ybein gnew gen platforms th eseries X ha sfar moe rproccessing power ove rthe XB1 tbhs o that would giv ethe one withthe more superior console an unfair advantage

Is this possible currently? I have a feeling it may be...

5 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

That means nothing more or less as that the game will be released without new tracks, they will not be ready. Given all the EA millions and the fact that we (= IRL F1) raced on these tracks already a year ago, i dont think that this is convincing me to preorder a game that i have neither seen any in game graphics, nor any other content from, yet. Also, as a PC player, do they really think I will buy a game that has enhanced graphics but only on xbox and playstation? lol

I certainly wouldn't pre-order this early. There will be time to pre-order after YouTubers etc have been able to share in-game footage. Or at least there was last year.

Obviously the console graphical improvements aren't meant to appeal to you :classic_smile:. You already have 'better graphics' presumably!

Just now, sjsharp2010 said:

No tthat I know of. Or at least I'm not awaer of any games that do yet

If I had to bet I'd say F1 2020 does. Hopefully @BarryBL can clarify...

(I think TRL Limitless switched to an XBox Series X mid-season in a league which would only work if it were possible.)

3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I certainly wouldn't pre-order this early. There will be time to pre-order after YouTubers etc have been able to share in-game footage. Or at least there was last year.

Obviously the console graphical improvements aren't meant to appeal to you :classic_smile:. You already have 'better graphics' presumably!

Yeah I'm planning on sitting out this yea ratm but I could b epersuaded by the stor ymode if it turns out to be good. I'm hopin gfor something simila rto wha twe go twith Fifa's the Journey as playing as Alex in that was grea tfun a little moer of tha tand less of th e5 minuet intro we got with F1 2019 and I think we'll be set. No tasying that we will get anything like the Journey but I can hope.

26 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I seriously doubt it.

For those saying there seems to be little change, surely the introduction of the Braking Point story mode is the major change?

@BarryBL do you know / are you able to say whether the PS5 version will have a 120 Hz mode?

On Xbox store it is listed as having 120fps. Will prob be the same for PS

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

in the post Barry made on the forum 

Remark - new tracks as free post Launch contents???😂😂

EA ?? - it starts already now ....??

What a mess  ....

A definite no buy until the game will contain what the Title Promis ? 

AF3515D6-835A-47B0-9E1A-959D7546CAAC.png

34 minutes ago, zampa said:

On Xbox store it is listed as having 120fps. Will prob be the same for PS

Thanks. There is no equivalent statement on the Playstation Store but this is generally poor at giving information on games. Here's a link if you or anyone else is curious:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4001-PPSA02696_00-F12021STANDPREOR

(If I end up buying this it will almost certainly be the disc version.)

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I doubt it. as clearly being new gen platforms the series X has far more proccessing power ove rthe XB1 tbhs o that would giv ethe one with the more superior console an unfair advantage

Yes you will be able to play between Series X and X1, it says on the store that it's Xbox Live Cross-play enabled 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Falrox said:

Yes you will be able to play between Series X and X1, it says on the store that it's Xbox Live Cross-play enabled 

Doesn' tbothe rme on eway or another as I don't pla yonline o r on the Xbox for that matter. I fI do get th egam ean dit's a very doubtful if it'll be on PC 

I'm very excited about the announcement. I didn't expect to see a combined PS4/PS5 version. It's great to be able to get both versions for those who will upgrade to PS5 and those like me who didn't sell their PS4 moving to PS5...

Edited by sirio994