Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

5 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

I'm very excited about the announcement. I didn't expect to see a combined PS4/PS5 version. It's great to be able to get both versions for those who will upgrade to PS5 and those like me who didn't sell their PS4 moving to PS5...

I think you were always going to be OK on this one, as the PS4 market must still dwarf the PS5 market so it would have made little commercial sense to launch a PS5 exclusive version. 

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I think you were always going to be OK on this one, as the PS4 market must still dwarf the PS5 market so it would have made little commercial sense to launch a PS5 exclusive version. 

I agree. But I wasn't sure about it because from what I know Moto GP is going to release two separate versions...

• Like 1
Just now, sirio994 said:

I agree. But I wasn't sure about it because from what I know Moto GP is going to release two separate versions...

There will be a different PS5 version but this will almost certainly just differ in graphical performance rather than game features.

I'm surprised Codemasters didn't add 2020 real season too, so we could play both back-to-back as they happened. They did include 2014 in 2015 as it was a hardware transitional phase from PS3-PS4 (etc).

If they did, then they'd already be modelling Turkey 😂

• Like 1

i thought the trailer looked amazing and interesting. Also welcome back Devon Butler. Can wait to beat you again 🤣.

My question is, will codies/EA release a bundle that allows us to buy the game for PS4 and then transfer to PS5 like with Fifa. its the only thing putting me off preordering the game right now because i don't know if I will have a PS5 in time but want to play the game on release day.

1 hour ago, GunDeviLnl said:

For those asking if old and next gen gameplay with eachother, the answer is prob yes. I am playing on a ps5 and some of nu friends are using a ps4

I thought that was the case. Thanks for clarifying :classic_smile:.

8 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

i thought the trailer looked amazing and interesting. Also welcome back Devon Butler. Can wait to beat you again 🤣.

My question is, will codies/EA release a bundle that allows us to buy the game for PS4 and then transfer to PS5 like with Fifa. its the only thing putting me off preordering the game right now because i don't know if I will have a PS5 in time but want to play the game on release day.

The details released yesterday already covered this. As with many games there will be a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 versions. 

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/f1/f1-2021/news/announcing-f1-2021

2 hours ago, GunDeviLnl said:

For those asking if old and next gen gameplay with eachother, the answer is prob yes. I am playing on a ps5 and some of nu friends are using a ps4

That's acutally nothing new. It just the PS4 version of F1 2020 which the PS5 supports because of backwards compatibility. If no crossplay or whatever you want to call it is included, I assume this will be the only option to play together on both console generations.

1 hour ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

That's acutally nothing new. It just the PS4 version of F1 2020 which the PS5 supports because of backwards compatibility. If no crossplay or whatever you want to call it is included, I assume this will be the only option to play together on both console generations.

I wasn't talking about crossplay between all platforms just ps4 with ps5 players. My bad

I was just looking through the Microsoft Store and the braking point DLC page may offer some more information. It looks like weber isn't returning and that there are new radio voices as well.

image.png.78f2e633b217048c47c612d7a11e7fad.png

The main page is also interesting

image.thumb.png.daf6cc61e5b9fa3e6689ebdafa746dd8.png

we were wondering if consoles were also getting raytracing and it looks like that is the case. However, it's not listed under the standard or deluxe editions only within the game itself. link for those who care:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/f1-2021/9n6j02vpg635?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t get the excitement for this..

• No gameplay
  • New tracks as post launch dlc.. right 🙄
  • Fictional characters
  • Confirmed microtransactions
  • € 85 pricetag
  • F1 2020 bugs never got fixed

I hope you guys enjoy it, but I just don’t get it.. It’s not for me anymore.   time for me to leave this forum, I guess.. 👋

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

• No gameplay
  • Fictional characters
  • € 85 pricetag

I hope you guys enjoy it, but I just don’t get it.. It’s not for me anymore.   time for me to leave this forum, I guess.. 👋

This is the reveal. There wasn’t going to be anything big although what they did reveal was very intriguing  There’s 3 months time launch and we will get plenty of news and gameplay before then. 

15 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Has there been much? I've seen more negative posts than positive!

I'll primarily be waiting to see if the performance improvements look worth having before potentially buying the new game, but even then may wait for the new tracks to be added and the no doubt many story mode bugs to at least start being addressed.

30 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

• No gameplay
  • Fictional characters
  • € 85 pricetag

Probably. :classic_cool:

I don't get all the negativism. We almost know nothing. We got some information so why are we already geared up the trash a game where we know almost nothing about?

So they confirmed the won't have the real life track modifications for Australia Turns 11,12,13 (which is big) Singapore, Barcelona etc and not all tracks at launch.

So current track not resembling the major corner changes for this season, tracks missing and a cheesy story mode and now they are charging the more money for the game. The first time I won't be buying it a launch this year

Edited by TomAAA

Am I the only one not surprised the new tracks will come post-launch? That's what I was rather expecting and it's obviously a lot better than them being omitted. When they may get added will of course be important.

The alternative could have been to delay the entire game launch until they were ready. This way we can all choose what to do :classic_smile:.

16 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

So they confirmed the won't have the real life track modifications for Australia Turns 11,12,13 (which is big) Singapore, Barcelona etc and not all tracks at launch.

Can I ask where this has been confirmed. I’ve not heard or seen anything about this

1 hour ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

• No gameplay
  • Fictional characters
  • € 85 pricetag

Yeah I'm not really excited if the story mode looks good I could be persuaded but other than that I don' t see myself getting it either as I'm definitely tempted to skip a year seeing as I've not even touched 2020 yet despite buying it because I've mostly been busy just trying to finis hcareers on the earlier games atm. I mostly bought 2020 for the whole my team as it sounded intriguing managing and racing your own team and everything. I do have a team and everything planned out but because I've been so busy elsewhere I just haven't got started tbh. Also given I can race Imola on other games anyway it really only feels lik e2 new tracks for me and there are other games that for me that have my attention that are coming out in the summer anyway such as the Kena Bridge of Spirits game.

Edited by sjsharp2010
18 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Am I the only one not surprised the new tracks will come post-launch? That's what I was rather expecting and it's obviously a lot better than them being omitted. When they may get added will of course be important.

The alternative could have been to delay the entire game launch until they were ready. This way we can all choose what to do :classic_smile:.

I'd have waited until everything was read yt ogo but then that's just me but that's wha tyou get when people push for earlier and earlie rrelease dates a half assed job.

1 hour ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

• No gameplay
  • Fictional characters
  • € 85 pricetag

You wrote what I was thinking when i read the annoucement / watched the trailer. At 1st glance this seems disappointing, so I am eager to learn if the first impression would be correct, this time. About leaving, nah, this is the F1 2020 forums still, and I like that game. Might well be the community does a lot more editing and we just keep on playing that one^^ In case anyone finds a way to adress engine performance / driver performance settings, or AI behaviour passages in the code and how to edit those, PM me please.

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

Probably. :classic_cool:

I don't get all the negativism. We almost know nothing. We got some information so why are we already geared up the trash a game where we know almost nothing about?

Because it codemasters it's almost guaranteed and safe to assume, what features they may have. They'll still cut corners with unfinished games up to day one. To cash in on the hype.  

13 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Because it codemasters it's almost guaranteed and safe to assume, what features they may have. They'll still cut corners with unfinished games up to day one. To cash in on the hype.  

You will probably find there are some licensing items involved in their decisions to consistently release the F1 games before all the content is ready to release. Which does suck, I would rather the game come out later in the year with everything included from day one; especially when tracks will be missing in this year at release. But it is what it is.