Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

3 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

I would prefer to buy the F1 game in November/December

While I agree having the game fully complete for then it usually means a sacrifice between playing as the real season goes on or having the full game as the season draws to a close. It’s a very difficult things to agree on for sure

Just now, cpayne32 said:

While I agree having the game fully complete for then it usually means a sacrifice between playing as the real season goes on or having the full game as the season draws to a close. It’s a very difficult things to agree on for sure

I prefer to play racing games for the enjoyment of racing. I can get that same enjoyment from the 2013 season game, I can get the same enjoyment from Dirt Rally 2 or WRC9, or even in Assetto Corsa in a touge server.

I get that people want and like to play along as the season is playing out, but a compromise on game quality should never be part of that desire. On top of that, with regards to how the F1 2021 season stands currently. If tracks are missing at release, you cant fully play along with how the season stands at this precise moment in time. Given we have no timeline on when those missing tracks will arrive, that could be anytime from July, all the way up to next spring. And I doubt Codemaster will give specific dates, as they usually opt into a "it will be ready when its ready" mentality when it comes to adding content after the fact.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Ialyrn said:

I prefer to play racing games for the enjoyment of racing. I can get that same enjoyment from the 2013 season game, I can get the same enjoyment from Dirt Rally 2 or WRC9, or even in Assetto Corsa in a touge server.

I get that people want and like to play along as the season is playing out, but a compromise on game quality should never be part of that desire. On top of that, with regards to how the F1 2021 season stands currently. If tracks are missing at release, you cant fully play along with how the season stands at this precise moment in time. Given we have no timeline on when those missing tracks will arrive, that could be anytime from July, all the way up to next spring. And I doubt Codemaster will give specific dates, as they usually opt into a "it will be ready when its ready" mentality when it comes to adding content after the fact.

Agreed. The 2020 F2 update didn’t come until September but I’m hoping the tracks aren’t the same

7 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

I apologise for that, it was I who hadn't read correctly since he ment for future versions of the game.

I also think that all tracks should be in the game when it releases but I also know there's a lot of work behind getting them in

this year it hasn't been so the time is much shorter for the team to finish the work. I rather prefer the new tracks to come in later than not at all.

As of these 3 quotes, we concur 100%.

As for being a customer and this being the 2020 game forum, we should all speak out freely about out expectations and / or critique about the 2020 game. If we did not, how should developers be able to react to our feedback otherwise?

That said, I sincerely think it is an absolute no-go to release an "official FIA" F1 game, and (pandemic or not) do not at least afterwards supply the tracks that were driven on IRL. Yes 2020 was a very special year and I am not blaming anyone. Hence, I did not demand nothing "free", I rather wrote I would even be willing to pay more for Imola and the like being released as a DLC for F1 2020. I "only" want to do what was intended previously, namely drive the F1 2020 championship in a game. I mean, just look at the new 2021 feature "real season start": what sense does this make at all, if the tracks in question are not included? None at all.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Schneehase said:

I mean, just look at the new 2021 feature "real season start"

I think this refers to car performance but I agree that all tracks should be included. I’m hoping post game will mean within the first couple of weeks

On 4/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, Schneehase said:

Which may be the real problem under the pandemic as you need a team to be there doing the work. Not that in F1 2020 we had any laser scanned tracks though, correct me please if I should be mistaken.

Zandvoort and Paul Ricard at least had some laser scanned data used in their creation. The thing with track creation is that you use all the good data you have and have the tools to use. There are no tracks made with just laser scanning as you wouldn't even have textures or individual objects if you only use the data with no human mind or other data involved

Most likely most new tracks will have at least some laser scan data used 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

Too many video games these days release in an uncompleted state, and its becoming annoying. Its the bane of video game existence at this point. I would prefer to buy the F1 game in November/December if it meant all the content was available day one.

Just because the F1 2021 game will be released in July doesn't mean that anyone has to buy it then. We all have a completely free choice to wait for the game to have reached the point we personally view it as worth paying for, or indeed never buy it at all.

Thinking of the gaming industry in general, I think the best way for consumers to reduce the chances of unfinished / poorly tested games being released is for as many people as possible to stop pre-ordering games. 

• Agree 3
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I wonder if the newly approved Sprint Qualifying at 3 events will be in? I can't see it being too hard to add, as it's just a limited number of laps race, technically speaking?

"Official FIA F1 game" should be the answer here, shouldnt it? Not buying 2021 otherwise, I already had an iteration without all circuits last year.

• Agree 1

I know why it's used but I find the 'sprint qualifying' term a little misleading, since it will take longer than regular qualifying!

I can't say I'm convinced by the idea but let's see how it pans out.

• Agree 1

With EA now the publisher I can 100% see a development push to get a release date that is just before the F1 seasons 1st race. I would expect this to happen within the next 2-3 years probably. 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I know why it's used but I find the 'sprint qualifying' term a little misleading, since it will take longer than regular qualifying!

Agreed that this term is unlucky to say the least - obviously, they want to avoid to call this a "race", probably because certain regulations apply to races only, while they wont apply to qualifying sessions OTOH. It might have been too much of an effort to rethink all the regulations for races / qualifyings only because of a 3 race testbed this year. Lets hope this will turn out interesting though, as it would IMHO also strengthen the importance what happens on Friday with the 3 session qualifying being on that day. And yes I do expect the "Official FIA F1 championship game" to include the new / test format, even if this meant that release was delayed. I for one would prefer to see all tracks included by release anyway, it is never the best procedure to collect the full price for something while you promise to deliver parts of the final product later...

On 4/3/2021 at 12:46 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Istanbul Park is not on the 2021 race calendar though so it's pretty unreasonable to expect that it will be. I'd be astonished if it turned out to be in the next game personally, as if nothing else the licensing deal probably wouldn't allow it.

Let’s wait and see what is gonna happen to Canada 

Replacement might by Turkey ....

What I do not get is that there is no effort at all to try and update F1 2020 with the real tracks - This would’ve been an approach to respect what has happened and what we had been confronted with last 12 months 

I would ha loved to pay for this update if part of it would have been donated to vaccine effort support to countries in problem ........

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Gladystonff said:

we are two months from launch, and still no gameplay. 👀

Maybe this is a good thing, last year at this point a lot of gameplay was released, but more like a copy and paste game, for this year not showing us anything maybe this means they're still working on the game, making the finals changes, maybe for the new layouts for some tracks, or speeding the Imola and Portimão to be avaliable at launch, so remmeber, how much more we wait less we wait.

Tenha calma jovem, você ainda vai se surpreender. 

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
  • Agree 1
Just now, ParadoxAMG53 said:

Maybe this is a good thing, last year at this point a lot of gameplay was released, but more like a copy and paste game, for this year not showing us nothing this means they're still working on the game, making the finals changes, maybe for the new layouts for some tracks, or speeding the Imola and Portimão to be avaliable at launch, so remmeber, how much more we wait less we wait.

Tenha calma jovem, você ainda vai se surpreender. 

Totally agree. I’d rather wait for good quality gameplay then rushed content as I would suspect most of the community want. Plus if they are doing a lot of works on the tracks, that could be a desire to get them ready for launch week. I just hope they are to the quality we want 

• Agree 2
9 minutes ago, cpayne32 said:

Completamente d'accordo. Preferisco aspettare un gameplay di buona qualità e poi affrettare i contenuti come sospetto che la maggior parte della comunità voglia. Inoltre, se stanno facendo molti lavori sulle tracce, potrebbe essere il desiderio di prepararli per la settimana del lancio. Spero solo che siano alla qualità che vogliamo 

Tracks are the same as f1 2020. Codemasters have no time to update the tracks

Just now, mikyesposto95 said:

I was hoping that wasn’t the case but still 2 months away I’m holding on to hope.

7 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

Maybe we have a new engine, with new tracks if they're using the same engine of Dirt 5, this year game is already beein developed since 2019 i think, because Codes has 2 teams working on the franchise game, so that is a possibility, we finaly can have a decent game in therms of track accuracy.

unfortunately due to the time required by the new circuits, the chances of seeing the old circuits updated with the new curbs are practically zero. I am 100% sure that I will still have the Old curbs with the same old age problems as f1 2020. Unfortunately, it would take a much larger team to modify all the circuits, because we would need a restyling of all the circuits, from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. We have to hope in the next few years that ea's resources can bring improvements also in the field of circuits

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, mikyesposto95 said:

unfortunately due to the time required by the new circuits, the chances of seeing the old circuits updated with the new curbs are practically zero. I am 100% sure that I will still have the Old curbs with the same old age problems as f1 2020. Unfortunately, it would take a much larger team to modify all the circuits, because we would need a restyling of all the circuits, from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. We have to hope in the next few years that ea's resources can bring improvements also in the field of circuits

If they manage to work on the little things will help, remember when they change the exit on turn 12 of Australia? They increase the curb on the exit and that change made a such a huge difference. 

I think they dont need to change the whole track, just some little updates can help us to feeling better, you know? Last year the real drivers are complening about last sector of Barcelona, and they changed so fast, i remember a Lee Mather interview from last year, when he says that the real drivers helped the Code a lot, but unfortunately the game was already finished, maybe they're bringing some new things for this next game, and he we are.

Edited by ParadoxAMG53
  • Agree 2

Yup they make small changes in each game, like the exit curb of T9 in Spa was lengthened compared to F1 2019. Or as mentioned, pitlane exits/entry on some tracks. Spain T10 most likely will be another significant change in the next game. I think they just fix whatever they get around to fixing in the time they have, but I wish there was more consistency to how they approach these changes.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Every year handling changes. I am looking forward to it. The price is still a problem for me. No statement released from EA/CM side also. 😕

Edited by CZPZ