Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 Maximum Wheel Rotation Missing

Starkenstein

Hello! I've just bought the f1 game and i have a cheap wheel that rotates to 270 degrees (135 left, 135 right) and in some cases i have to brake more in order to successfully turn.

I don't have a special app to set up a profile for the wheel just like the g29 or thrustmaster, it's a cheap wheel with a driver, nothing more.

I was just wondering if there is a hidden setting somewhere or a mod where i can set the in-game wheel rotation to 270 degrees (just like in assetto corsa). Thank you!

Edit: I just found out about a setting "maximum wheel rotation" but i can't seem to find it, i don't have it. What can be the problem and there is a way i can get to that setting? Thanks

Edited by Starkenstein

11 hours ago, Starkenstein said:

Edit: I just found out about a setting "maximum wheel rotation" but i can't seem to find it, i don't have it. What can be the problem and there is a way i can get to that setting? Thanks

What wheel do you have? I'd have thought the option would be there for all wheels but possibly not if it isn't on the supported list:

https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-compatible-wheels-controllers

Posting a picture of what you see may help people here assist you.

Yes that's the screen where the Maximum Wheel Rotation setting would normally be. Do you have any different option you could try on the Control Scheme tab to see if any will give you this control?

In case it helps others troubleshoot this for you, what system are you playing on? PC?

29 minutes ago, Starkenstein said:

I've looked closely at the options but none of them actually helped.

In case it wasn't clear, on the Control Scheme tab I was meaning if there were any alternative wheel configurations you could pick other than the one you were using? You'd need to select one and then check the Vibration and Force Feedback tab again.

You cant select wheel rotation in pc in game it is done at driver level.

you can adjust calibration settings like saturation to make the wheel more sensitive. If it has a max 270 degree and isnt a changeable rotation then the game would use this rotation only which will be 135 degree left and 135 degree to the right

would be nice if on pc we could have a soft lock and be able to change the wheel rotation in game instead of the driver, nearly every other game out there allows wheel rotation to be set in game regardless of what the driver is set to 

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cearp8858 said:

you can adjust calibration settings like saturation to make the wheel more sensitive. If it has a max 270 degree and isnt a changeable rotation then the game would use this rotation only which will be 135 degree left and 135 degree to the right

would be nice if on pc we could have a soft lock and be able to change the wheel rotation in game instead of the driver, nearly every other game out there allows wheel rotation to be set in game regardless of what the driver is set to 

oh.. ok then. thank u very much and thank u @Ultra3142 for trying to help me!

6 minutes ago, Starkenstein said:

From what i understood, i can't really change the maximum rotation, but i can adjust the saturation setting. is that right?

No I don't think so. The point was you can't do it in game but you probably can if you open the specific software driver for your wheel. 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 4:05 PM, cearp8858 said:

what do u mean by saying it is done at driver level.Can u elaborate pls:D

Edited by Mohith6

5 hours ago, Mohith6 said:

what do u mean by saying it is done at driver level.Can u elaborate pls:D

So in f1 2020 if you had a career save in progress when the performance patch was released instead of nerfing the engine they just nerfed how the driver drove for ferrari so they was slower overall 

New saves would have it applied at a car level instead 

this was done because as usual people moaned 

1 minute ago, cearp8858 said:

So in f1 2020 if you had a career save in progress when the performance patch was released instead of nerfing the engine they just nerfed how the driver drove for ferrari so they was slower overall 

New saves would have it applied at a car level instead 

this was done because as usual people moaned 

Surely the post was referring to a 'driver' in the PC sense?

Yeah ok seems my message was menat for another post 😂

so what ever wheel you are using the drivers control panel would be where you set rotation

so this would Thrustmaster control panel or g hub for example @Mohith6

Edited by cearp8858