F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Camera settings TVpod/off set

All platforms.

a few months back I came across something which isn’t major but certainly frustrating. And since it’s so small it cannot be too hard to change I would imagine. I don’t want to come across as arrogant however 😂. When on normal TV Pod you do not get any rain drops on your screen and when on Off set you get loads. I’ve noticed for some people it’s the other way around. From a competitive standpoint it’s fairly frustrating as lots of high league racers/esport like to center the Offset camera as it has more flexibility however once you do this your screen is covered with rain drops giving TV pod an advantage. Could there be a way to switch so many drops off or not have them at all? Thought it was worth asking. I will attach a clip below. Thanks!

Quickly looking back resets the raindrops in off-set camera for a workaround not ideal but works atleast. 

4 hours ago, WilsonHughesss said:

All platforms.

a few months back I came across something which isn’t major but certainly frustrating. And since it’s so small it cannot be too hard to change I would imagine. I don’t want to come across as arrogant however 😂. When on normal TV Pod you do not get any rain drops on your screen and when on Off set you get loads. I’ve noticed for some people it’s the other way around. From a competitive standpoint it’s fairly frustrating as lots of high league racers/esport like to center the Offset camera as it has more flexibility however once you do this your screen is covered with rain drops giving TV pod an advantage. Could there be a way to switch so many drops off or not have them at all? Thought it was worth asking. I will attach a clip below. Thanks!

Well, that's realism for you. Personally, I don't see the point of the offset camera positions.

If you think about it, it is natural that the offset position would be in spray.

pressure-velocity-streamlines-2.png

Yes well I like to center it as do some competitive esport drivers. I’m playing an arcade not looking for realism 

14 minutes ago, WilsonHughesss said:

Yes well I like to center it as do some competitive esport drivers. I’m playing an arcade not looking for realism 

Then play in TCam or turn off weather or lower the advanced presets.

21 hours ago, WilsonHughesss said:

All platforms.

a few months back I came across something which isn’t major but certainly frustrating. And since it’s so small it cannot be too hard to change I would imagine. 

Then your tweet misses the point of the position and ability to switch camera positions. Offset T-Cam isn't suited to rain.

Remodel the whole game's rain and spray model or remove the offset camera position? I know what I'd choose.

2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Then play in TCam or turn off weather or lower the advanced presets.

Then your tweet misses the point of the position and ability to switch camera positions. Offset T-Cam isn't suited to rain.

Remodel the whole game's rain and spray model or remove the offset camera position? I know what I'd choose.

I see where you are coming from. Would be nice to turn excessive spray off. Able to do it on PC 

Just now, WilsonHughesss said:

I see where you are coming from. Would be nice to turn excessive spray off. Able to do it on PC 

Lower the graphical presets. I don't think the spray is even present in Medium (or is it Low)?

1 minute ago, WilsonHughesss said:

Plus you cannot turn it off on PS4 if you weren’t aware. 

2 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Lower the graphical presets. I don't think the spray is even present in Medium (or is it Low)?

I’m on PS4 so can’t turn it off

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WilsonHughesss said:

I’m on PS4 so can’t turn it off

Are there no options at all on consoles to alter any detail? Advanced Graphics Options (I don't have a PS4 or XB1 to test).

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Are there no options at all on consoles to alter any detail? Advanced Graphics Options (I don't have a PS4 or XB1 to test).

Nope sadly not, nothing from what I’ve seen