Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Corrupt Saves in MyTeam Post 1.17 patch Master Thread

1 minute ago, 14Keane14 said:

@steviejay69 So it seems like some kind of issue with validating if you have the DLC with the liveries?

Anecdotally, as with this title and previous ones, DLC frequently either goes missing or activates incorrectly. 

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

To update here, we do have a fix in place, however, it is in the 1st phase of testing, so nothing is guaranteed at this time. If users continue to send over the 1080110 folder that houses the save games that will be really helpful in testing affected players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@14Keane14 forgot to say, thank you for your effort during troubleshooting and workaround solution.

@BarryBL,

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @4Harris,

Can you send over the whole folder for your savegame please. If too big, can you delete any unneeded highlights (as these take the space) or send via dropbox. How to do so is here:

How to copy your Steam save for F1 2020

1. Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  2. Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)
  3. Right click on the 1080110 folder (this is your F1 2020 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  4. Copy that new zipped folder and send it to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ - remember to add a link to the thread you are talking about in the email)

I deleted old highlights from my save file and added here.

Also adding wetransfer link which you can find full save file, i didn't delete anything there:

https://we.tl/t-tOWH4nO8q5

Sent the link to community(AT)codemasters.com 

@steviejay69,

56 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

So are we, because the cause is quite random. You probably can't replicate without the DLC.

DLC validation is an issue, but it's not in your public information that you do / don't have it. I couldn't attempt to replicate so didn't. But, as stated, good feedback from @14Keane14

I wanted to remind that I don't own any DLC, only have Racenet suit(which i got for free) and series 4 free path rewards.

I can reproduce the issue without owning any DLC if you need any files for further analysis during game crash. I will try to equip my old livery, helmet and gloves to see if the problem happens because of suit.

Regards

4Harris_save_1080110.zip

• Like 2
Just now, 4Harris said:

@14Keane14 forgot to say, thank you for your effort during troubleshooting and workaround solution.

@BarryBL,

I deleted old highlights from my save file and added here.

Also adding wetransfer link which you can find full save file, i didn't delete anything there:

https://we.tl/t-tOWH4nO8q5

Sent the link to community(AT)codemasters.com 

@steviejay69,

I wanted to remind that I don't own any DLC, only have Racenet suit(which i got for free) and series 4 free path rewards.

I can reproduce the issue without owning any DLC if you need any files for further analysis during game crash. I will try to equip my old livery, helmet and gloves to see if the problem happens because of suit.

Regards

4Harris_save_1080110.zip

Hmmm, yes well that would be an online services issue potentially as it's to do with linked Racenet accounts. As @BarryBL stated, affected users should post the info.

I don't use Steam cloud for sync, FYI.

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thank you kindly to those who have added their saves. We'll continue to work on testing the proposed fix and will update you on any developments.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, 14Keane14 said:

I believe the problem for you was the RaceNet suit.. I think maybe if you try to keep the old livery for the car it should work as it is a casual livery. 

@14Keane14 changing only Racenet suit and leaving all other livery/customisation as they were before works btw, got no crash.

I’m on Xbox one. I have had the game since release basically and no issues. I have the 70th edition and Schumacher add ons. I was on the 3rd season of My team mode. I have tried reinstalling the game, deleting all saved files, choosing none DLC or podium pass everything(base game options only). I get no bug report or crashes it just stays on the loading screen. Every other game mode works just not “my team”. I can make this happen at will and don’t even question if it’ll happen. Also I did send an email to the community email and I was asked to post here. 

Edited by chvy
14 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

So are we, because the cause is quite random. You probably can't replicate without the DLC.

DLC validation is an issue, but it's not in your public information that you do / don't have it. I couldn't attempt to replicate so didn't. But, as stated, good feedback from @14Keane14

@steviejay69 Oh I mean it not like it isn't QA and Beta Tester's jobs to sweep new patches with existing DLC. Been there done that. Not sure how a AAA issue like this with official content gets missed when you do a proper sweep but I digress. Maybe your QA leads need to update their sweep spreadsheets...

Ultimately I'm happy to have my save game back, but still pretty ticked off that I've lost months of game time due to a bug that had no business ever making it into a public build. Your team needs to do better.

Hello everyone,

I continued to test the issue and it seems like actually the problem are the suits only! My save is working with the branded liveries, but i need to select a basic suit for the driver.. When i change the suit to a branded or DLC one, it crashes..

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, chvy said:

I’m on Xbox one. I have had the game since release basically and no issues. I have the 70th edition and Schumacher add ons. I was on the 3rd season of My team mode. I have tried reinstalling the game, deleting all saved files, choosing none DLC or podium pass everything(base game options only). I get no bug report or crashes it just stays on the loading screen. Every other game mode works just not “my team”. I can make this happen at will and don’t even question if it’ll happen. Also I did send an email to the community email and I was asked to post here. 

Update: I started a career mode save and so far it seems every time the game goes to load a new anything. It gets stuck at “please wait”. I force close the game and automatically go load the save file it loads but once the game has to go to the black screen to load. I have to repeat the process of force close and relaunch. Each time. 

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Since the update version 1.17 i have the issue that in my team or career the game just crashed when ever I try and load a saved game 

I play on the Xbox x

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.17

• Game-mode?

My Team and career.

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes. After the error occurs for the first time it reouccurs every time i try to load the gamesave.

• How do you make the problem happen?

I make it happen, when i try to start a new my team or career the game just crashes after first practise then crashes when ever I try and load that save. Also my 2 overthrew my team saves and all my career saves just crash the game back to main Xbox screen too.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

uninstall&reinstall the game  - didn`t work

Load the old gamesave from the cloud storage, where i`m on the screen team-headquarters from my team. 

Resetting console by unplugging from power for 5 minutes but still game crashes when trying to load saves.

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
  • Xbox x controller

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

None sorry.

Additional note, for first day or so after update the game worked fine then after one full race it started to happen all the time and even when I tried a new my team it just happened after first practise, the game is broken as 2 or the main features are unplayable now.

I hope, you can help me resolve the issue with my edited post.

Edited by ChristianAnsell

Is there a option or a way for us to individually per person to uninstall the update? I mean this is bad enough I’d rather just give the game back. I spent 70$+ for a game that won’t do anything....

1 hour ago, chvy said:

Is there a option or a way for us to individually per person to uninstall the update? I mean this is bad enough I’d rather just give the game back. I spent 70$+ for a game that won’t do anything....

Sadly there isn’t once the update is downloaded, maybe some way on pc I suppose but if your talking about console versions then nope.

14 minutes ago, ChristianAnsell said:

Sadly there isn’t once the update is downloaded, maybe some way on pc I suppose but if your talking about console versions then nope.

Yes on Steam there is a way to download older versions, i tried that, downloaded 1.16 but I am stuck at start screen because it says that the save has been used with newer update of the game so it wont load with the older version sadly. 😕

Out of curiosity. Has anyone just bought the game brand new and have had the same issues? (I.e: game just finished installing, you open up the game for first time ever, first ever career or my team modes?) if it is happening could it be the update itself as a whole breaking the game?

1 hour ago, chvy said:

Out of curiosity. Has anyone just bought the game brand new and have had the same issues? (I.e: game just finished installing, you open up the game for first time ever, first ever career or my team modes?) if it is happening could it be the update itself as a whole breaking the game?

Considering this only happened after last update think it is pretty clear it is the update to blame especially in current climate in games industry of not stress testing updates anymore like they used too( many use a tiny number of games testers now and updates hardly tested outside the studios anymore), which means sadly more of this to come in many games.

• Administrator
On 3/27/2021 at 3:54 AM, dcmort93 said:

@steviejay69 Oh I mean it not like it isn't QA and Beta Tester's jobs to sweep new patches with existing DLC. Been there done that. Not sure how a AAA issue like this with official content gets missed when you do a proper sweep but I digress. Maybe your QA leads need to update their sweep spreadsheets...

Ultimately I'm happy to have my save game back, but still pretty ticked off that I've lost months of game time due to a bug that had no business ever making it into a public build. Your team needs to do better.

To clarify here @steviejay69 is a forum moderator, and is no way involved with the QA process.

On 4/1/2021 at 3:42 AM, BarryBL said:

To clarify here @steviejay69 is a forum moderator, and is no way involved with the QA process.

@BarryBL I realize that, however my point still stands. This is a basic issue that any QA team doing a proper sweep of official content should have caught. The fact that it made it past QA internal testing, let alone the fact that it persisted through multiple patch cycles is downright embarrassing. Maybe it was reported but higher ups decided it was an NAB or not important enough to fix before release, but even then for it to persist for a quarter of the game's life cycle is shameful. 

@steviejay69 may not be a QA tester, but as a moderator on a Technical Support Forum I would be willing to bet he likely has more direct lines of communication with developers than the average poster here. When I say "your team" I lump him in here, because as a moderator he is a direct representative of Codemasters, paid or not. I find it impossible to believe that part of moderating support forums does not involve some form of communication with developers. If it doesn't maybe that is half the problem. Either way, he should be able to direct criticism to developers directly, or forward it to those that can.

If as steviejay said earlier on this page this is something that has impacted previous iterations of the F1 games, maybe you need to actually fix the problem instead of kicking the can down the road to the next year's game. I'm sorry that I seem to hold you to a higher standard than you have ever held yourselves.

Hi there, I've also had issues with my game file, I can't progress any further with MyTeam.

-A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
 Since Update 1.17, I've been unable to progress with MyTeam, every time I try to load into my save at the next race weekend in Bahrain, it crashes to desktop.
No Error codes, or crash reporter.

-Platform
PC (Steam)

-What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
Version 1.17

-Game-mode?
My Team

-We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
Yes. Reouccurs every time I try to load the gamesave.

-How do you make the problem happen?
When I try to load into MyTeam from the Main Menu.

-What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
Validated Game files, removed all custom liveries, uninstalled and reinstalled, clean install. All no further results.

-What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base and Load Cell Pedals, Fanatec Clubsport F1 2019 Rim.

-Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

I've uploaded the video below, it's a game capture, so when it goes black at the end, it's crashed to desktop.

I've also attached my game folder for the save file, I don't knwo exactly what file it is so I've uploaded the whole remote folder to Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12IOfIxaKBKyjlqzuTp7JNnHC4BiBOIYm?usp=sharing

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated, I'm on my 3rd season of 100% races so I really don't want to start it all over again.

Thanks.